Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:16:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSU help - mining blades  (Read 5392 times)
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:54:29 PM

I've either been very lucky or bought a donkey (I've no clue as to the hashing power of these blades)...

I picked these up from a local police auction... can anyone give me a clue how to power them please? none of my ATX PSU's have the correct plug...
 thanks in advance...

ps. they still stink of cannabis!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
AmericanBit

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:01:13 PM

haha thats awesome...what a waste of some good blades. They have probably been sitting in impound for months. I feel sorry for that guy. Pigs took his trees and bitcoin hardware...damn shame
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:03:36 PM

haha thats awesome...what a waste of some good blades. They have probably been sitting in impound for months. I feel sorry for that guy. Pigs took his trees and bitcoin hardware...damn shame

not a waste if I can get 'em powered up  Grin

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:12:42 PM

yeah waste up till now is what i meant...he must have been a seller since they are still packaged like that. How much did you but them for?
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

yeah waste up till now is what i meant...he must have been a seller since they are still packaged like that. How much did you but them for?

£49.38p of her majesties sterling pounds... but what type of PSU will I need - you can tell i'm not tech-savvy!

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:36:02 PM

Thats a good deal, worst case scenario sell them on ebay. Im not tech savvy either. My partner handles the mining, but we do have a ton of blades...someone should be able to tell you though...check you tube?
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:50:24 PM

i think i've found the manufacturer... i'll email them... these particular blades look very similar to

http://www.btcgarden.com//productsDetail.do?id=105

slightly different to the pic, but the same power connector...

grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

Wow great find you got 100 GH/s right there. But it sucks cause you can't get them to mine right this min. You will get your money back and then some. Goodluck and welcome to mining.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:59:08 PM

i'll let you know what this little lot hashes at, once I get it powered! how frustrating!!!  Undecided
knowing my median of luck, difficulty will be up AGAIN by the time I get them powered up...

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:59:54 PM

i think i've found the manufacturer... i'll email them... these particular blades look very similar to

http://www.btcgarden.com//productsDetail.do?id=105

slightly different to the pic, but the same power connector...

I think that might just be a reseller too but he could help you out if you can contact him...i think those are the 10GH though
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:07:15 PM

I picked these up from a local police auction... can anyone give me a clue how to power them please? none of my ATX PSU's have the correct plug...

That 'silk road' stigma haunting the BTC community again.

Well done with your find  Smiley

You don't need a specific power adaptor if you can find someone to solder some wires to that socket, easy job.

A standard computer PSU can power it, there are plenty around. It could be the quickest way to get them running.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:07:43 PM

You need a Phoenix connector, looks like a 2-pin version.  They're used a lot in the commercial AV industry, so any place that does AV stuff should be able to supply them.  You'll need some sort of 12V PSU to power the blades, usually a ATX PSU will do the trick.

RS have the connectors, you just need to figure out which one...
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/connectors/terminal-blocks-din-rail-terminals/non-fused-terminal-blocks/?applied-dimensions=4294870747,4294765840&esid=all&m=1
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

You need a Phoenix connector, looks like a 2-pin version.  They're used a lot in the commercial AV industry, so any place that does AV stuff should be able to supply them.  You'll need some sort of 12V PSU to power the blades, usually a ATX PSU will do the trick.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/connectors/terminal-blocks-din-rail-terminals/non-fused-terminal-blocks/?applied-dimensions=4294870747,4294765840&esid=all&m=1

cheers boss...

looks like this one

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-fused-terminal-blocks/1896284/

my next question, what wires from my ATX do I put into to (without me going BANG!)

Shocked

Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:58:19 PM

my next question, what wires from my ATX do I put into to (without me going BANG!)

Pick a +12v and a GND

to get the thing to switch on, short PWR ON to a GND (a paper clip can do this)

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:09:32 PM

cheers boss...

looks like this one

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-fused-terminal-blocks/1896284/

Shocked

It does look that that one, but there's 3 or 4 different sizes of Phoenix connectors depending on current capability.  You'd need to measure the socket and look at the specs online for the plug you're buying.

As for the cables, I'd buy a heap of 4-pin Molex splitters, cut them up and use the yellow wires.  That means you don't have to hack up your PSU's wires, just plug in and go.  Check out the other Blade howto threads for more info. Smiley
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:00:32 PM

Pick a +12v and a GND

to get the thing to switch on, short PWR ON to a GND (a paper clip can do this)

works a treat! thank you...

now I just have to sort the web config to connect to a pool (this part seems to not work so well!)

raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:28:34 PM

i think these blades need more power than my 550w can give... even trying one single blade, still getting 0 MH/s
oh well, back to the drawing board

Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:34:38 PM

I've either been very lucky or bought a donkey (I've no clue as to the hashing power of these blades)...

thanks in advance...

You will need a 800 Watt PSU. Are these blade used to crop cannabis??  Grin
raskul (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:43:13 PM

You will need a 800 Watt PSU. Are these blade used to crop cannabis??  Grin

thanks, i'll sort it in the morning, best I have is 550W so i think i'll switch off and get an early night.
 Grin

Colin Miner

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

First just try one card at a time on your PSU.

Each blade takes 100W off the 12v line of your 550W PSU.

A 550W PSU can have around 15A to 20A on the 12v rail which is around 180W - 240W

Try each card in turn, one at a time. Some cards may be faulty.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: