Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which ASIC Company would you Invest In ?
Cointerra
Kncminer
HashFast
BUTTERFLY LABs :/
Terrahash
Black Arrow
Alpha Technology
Bitmain/Antminer
Technobit
AMT
Bitmine
Ninjatech
Bitfury
Invest in a Group Buy (less risky)
Just buy BTC and sit on them (why take the risk)

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With so many miner in the market, what would be the BEST BUY out there???  (Read 5594 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

Please let me know what other ASIC Companies I should ADD!

*With so many miner in the market, what would be the BEST BUY out there???

*What ASIC miner would YOU BUY if you had the BTC Huh

Thank you  Cheesy

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:23:53 PM

Firstly get BFL and Hashfast the hell out of there. And I would go with KNC...its a little pricey but we could be talking close to 4 TH/s with the Neptunes. People who say to just hold the bitcoin are idiots. They paid 45 bitcoins for TerraHash when btc was worth 100 bucks, so yeah in that case they totally got screwed. But btc is at 1000 now. I paid 10 btc each for 3 neptunes. So I would say there is a good chance that Ill get my investment back and a shit ton more. No one knows what the future will hold and when another sha256 coin could come out with great returns. Unobtanium was worth more than bitcoin a few weeks ago.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:29:53 PM

Firstly get BFL and Hashfast the hell out of there. And I would go with KNC...its a little pricey but we could be talking close to 4 TH/s with the Neptunes. People who say to just hold the bitcoin are idiots. They paid 45 bitcoins for TerraHash when btc was worth 100 bucks, so yeah in that case they totally got screwed. But btc is at 1000 now. I paid 10 btc each for 3 neptunes. So I would say there is a good chance that Ill get my investment back and a shit ton more. No one knows what the future will hold and when another sha256 coin could come out with great returns. Unobtanium was worth more than bitcoin a few weeks ago.

YOU ARE SO Right! But the thing is...there's still dummies.... I mean people out there buying from them and I would like see how many are out there ("People" )

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
xdigital

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

I would rather pay ASIS device with money than bitcoin.
I paid 1.5BTC for a Jalapeno (ButterflyLabs) in April 2013. Received in mid Nov 2013.
I don't think I will ever get back that 1.5BTC.
Unless the difficulty as some point stops increasing.

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:42:28 PM

I would rather pay ASIS device with money than bitcoin.
I paid 1.5BTC for a Jalapeno (ButterflyLabs) in April 2013. Received in mid Nov 2013.
I don't think I will ever get back that 1.5BTC.
Unless the difficulty as some point stops increasing.

Well then youll never get that back...never order from BFL...tell everyone
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:36:15 PM

there aint no miners on the market ... just Antminers .. thats it ...
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

there aint no miners on the market ... just Antminers .. thats it ...

Sooo.... is Antminer another ASIC company Huh can you post the website ?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:54:13 PM

If BFL is the only company actually shipping that is kind of ironic. (They just sent me tracking link on a very recent order  of some of their off the shelf sale units...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:55:59 PM

If BFL is the only company actually shipping that is kind of ironic. (They just sent me tracking link on a very recent order  of some of their off the shelf sale units...)

-MarkM-

WoW Good to hear Smiley Hope it works out for more Bros out there Smiley
Did you vote for BFL?

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:58:09 PM

You should add Bitmine, they have a working 28nm chip and miners expected to ship sooooooooon lol
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:00:38 PM

I didn't vote. I stupidly ordered four BFL 50 GH units (more flexible to plug in than the larger unit maybe) and strangely they already got a FedEx tracking number for it. So FedEx presumably will pick it up some day soon and start moving it toward me.

I find it really strange and amusing actually. Whatever happened to waiting five months to five years?

At this rate I might even get it within "two weeks" instead of "two weeks (tm)". I should look up exactly what day I ordered it, It was, like really frakkin recent. Totally weird.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:20:09 PM

I didn't vote. I stupidly ordered four BFL 50 GH units (more flexible to plug in than the larger unit maybe) and strangely they already got a FedEx tracking number for it. So FedEx presumably will pick it up some day soon and start moving it toward me.

I find it really strange and amusing actually. Whatever happened to waiting five months to five years?

At this rate I might even get it within "two weeks" instead of "two weeks (tm)". I should look up exactly what day I ordered it, It was, like really frakkin recent. Totally weird.

-MarkM-

Wait, off the shelf units? That means it was one of the ones they list as "ready to ship" on their website?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:21:49 PM

Yeah. Amazing, isn't it?

They might actually arrive before I get my 400 amp service set up at my country-house so they'll sit here idle like some of my Klondikes already are, due to lack of power to power them. I only ordered them like last thursday or something like that, maybe friday even. Or maybe wednesday. Totally shocking.

But I know from the two I already got that took like five or six months to reach this stage that once they claim they are shipped it still could be a while before FedEx actually goes and picks them up.

-MarkM-

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:12:22 AM

Well its kind of amazing that its ready to ship, and its almost been a week and you still dont know if its actually shipped. The really amazing/sad, depends on how you look at it is; youre actually impressed with that. Just goes to show how low expectations are for BFL bullshit. Now they are at CES showing off their bullshit, conning more people and giving bitcoin a bad name. Whats even better is they are showcasing the monarch while a thousand people are still waiting on it 6 months later. THAT is amazing!
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:17:17 AM

BFL has been shipping in stock units on time, but to be honest it's rather pointless. Even at under $1000 a piece now, the 50GHash miners (which seem to run steady at 55 - 58) won't have any chance of making an ROI at this point. I would have voted for them if this conversation took place a month ago, but now... yeesh.

Honestly, though, if you're wanting to do this on a hobby level, you're better off realizing you're very unlikely to make an ROI unless you pay way under manufacturer prices for these devices. Your best bet is doing some calculations and trying to make some deals on second-hand equipment. It's what I've been sticking to lately, and I plan on continuing to do so.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:26:52 AM

BFL has been shipping in stock units on time, but to be honest it's rather pointless. Even at under $1000 a piece now, the 50GHash miners (which seem to run steady at 55 - 58) won't have any chance of making an ROI at this point. I would have voted for them if this conversation took place a month ago, but now... yeesh.

Honestly, though, if you're wanting to do this on a hobby level, you're better off realizing you're very unlikely to make an ROI unless you pay way under manufacturer prices for these devices. Your best bet is doing some calculations and trying to make some deals on second-hand equipment. It's what I've been sticking to lately, and I plan on continuing to do so.

Good Info ~ thanks  Grin

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:33:24 AM

you left out the options of buying shares in mining companies like ASICMINER
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:40:45 AM

Bitmain and Antminer are the same!

trollvoted BFL, they will need it
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:18:44 AM

Thanks brother Smiley

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:20:18 AM

Thanks brother Smiley

You got something against Bitmine?  Why don't you add them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: