Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:02:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Altcoins ?  (Read 1880 times)
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:09:59 AM

Hey guys,
I am planning to mine altcoins in the next year. What do you think, is it worth the time and capital ?

Personally, I think mining is not profitable unless you have some really deep pockets for the latest mining equipment. And coins like XMR can change algorithm formula anytime.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TorbjornE

Activity: 148
Merit: 1

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:22:24 AM

If I bought a year ago instead of mining equipment bitcoins, then I would earn several times more. As this year will not know, but in view of the emergence of ASIC for zcash probably still less profitable.

╔═   PHOTOCHAIN.IO   ⚫   TRUSTED STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY   ═╗
╚══   REVOLUTION IN THE STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY MARKET   ══╝
Persiville

Activity: 144

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:41:42 AM

Remember to take into account your cost of electricity. If your computer/server is running anyway, you might as well have it spend its free time mining altcoins, but every dedicated machine you buy will cost you extra power to run.

Yeah i agree. You must also know that you need to have better equipment and resources when you start mining, and besides you must also now that it will cost a lot of money. So if you have already summed up all your expenses and is already ready, then you can start it, but mining of altcoin is not that really profitable for now IMO.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
sakuragi21

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:45:01 AM

it's good to be mining especially if bitcoin is high today for altcoin prices but right now it's a good idea to minimize today's better mining when the price of bitcoin is expensive because mining is expensive but it's also great mining kit
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:02:26 AM

i think mining was worth to try, when market was drop so mining was an alternatif for us to still get profit by doing some mining besides trading.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
sikaola

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:28:17 AM

You will be paid well if you have the knowledge to choose the form of exploitation
There are bonus campaigns and airdrop events for you to join free operators
Ociwiw

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

In my opinion, you need to invest in the altcoy themselves, and not in their prey, it will be more productive!
pazzanegro

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 07:38:25 AM

Depends on what you are going to mine and what hardware to use... Mining is stable activity, check electricity prices and find out what to mine at whattomine.com

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:52:29 AM

Hey guys,
I am planning to mine altcoins in the next year. What do you think, is it worth the time and capital ?
Depends on many factors. The local price you pay for electricity, how much you're paying for equipment, the weather and how difficult it is to keep the equipment cold, and most importantly, how much is your ability to hodl your altcoins for the right moment and not selling them immediately.

Mining worked perfect years ago. These days with higher difficulty it's hard to say, but I believe it's still good if you add hodling to it.  Smiley
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:27:10 PM

Hey guys,

Mining altcoins is a very profitable thing if you have a very cheap electricity. You invest once in the equipment, and then you start to mine your alts. However, you should be ready to be in profit not very soon.
joesastro

Activity: 223

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

Hey guys,

According to this, it is very profitable. if not why people mine the coin. but it also depends on your capital, your hardware to mine.
indeed it is also there are risks. But you have to do it carefully.
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:33:15 PM

Hey guys,
Depends on many factors. The local price you pay for electricity, how much you're paying for equipment, the weather and how difficult it is to keep the equipment cold, and most importantly, how much is your ability to hodl your altcoins for the right moment and not selling them immediately.

Mining worked perfect years ago. These days with higher difficulty it's hard to say, but I believe it's still good if you add hodling to it.  Smiley
Exactly. The price that you have to pay for electricity is much high, in my country almost miner all complain about the price this year because it increased significantly. There are many good coins to do mining such as Vertcoin, Hodl coin, Verge and so on . I give you an offer to mine Vertcoin. It includes some reasons. First up, you have much more convenient when mining vertcoin, anyone may mine it to get a benefit. Especially you are able to mine it with a normal computer. Next, Vertcoin uses lightning network for instant blockchain transactions. In a nutshell, you would have more advantages when mining vertcoin. However, I advise you to find more information and have an intimate knowledge before mining any coin.
Nell Theres

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

Hey guys,

According to this, it is very profitable. if not why people mine the coin. but it also depends on your capital, your hardware to mine.
indeed it is also there are risks. But you have to do it carefully.
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

Hey guys,

I suppose mining is more suitable for big farms. Having 1 miner at home is not so good due to small mining capabilities and rather big equipment cost 

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
xminer2014

Activity: 207

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:31:43 AM

No. Even if you have cheap electricity it will take ages to ROI, you may never ROI, the cost of GPUs is too high now.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:27:53 PM

no not now a few years back it was a good idea but not now the price of all the expenses is nuch more than what would one get in return and all the government policies have made it even more difficult
modamo

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:13:27 PM

That is worth to mine Eth nowdays. And of course with cheap electricity. Money you spent for making farm came back in a few months.

Username741

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:20:56 PM

Yeah, mining is totally worth every single penny that you put into it, so do it. I suggest to you to mine ethereum, pretty good coin

⚫Darb   /   World’s first blockchainasset platform for everyone
https://darbfinance.com/
flowerofsun12

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

I don't think to mine the altcoin. It needs very big capitals to buy the tools and equipment and maintenance. The profits are small for some coins. Now, I prefer to focus on bounty or trading the altcoins. It is a good chance to use the opportunities to follow the crypto development.
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

It is reckons on the coinage you hope symbolising to lode. And symbolising me thither was no fortunate creature in defense altcoin as of utter payment of unlisted coinage and ofcourse you should deposit brobdingnagian immensities of uppercase to accept a fortunate defense pc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: