Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked: lost all money on BTC-E. Please help!!  (Read 4153 times)
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:26:29 AM

really sad this happened to you Sipora, the problem is btc-e management is anonymous and there is no way to contact their owner directly.

Even with a trojan on your computer, how did he get through 2-factor ? that's not possible. there are 3 ways this could've happened:

1. the hack happened very quickly while you were logged in to ur btce account, you may have left your computer for a few minutes and the person executed the transfer from your computer remotely.

2. Inside job, lack of confirmation email is very fishy.

3. BTC-e system error, they withdrew from the wrong account.

the only way is to be patient and keep hammering BTCe support, look for their announcement post in this forum maybe PM the owner he might be able to help you.

a1binos

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

Your 2 factor is needed to login or withdraw. So. If session was not closed for you, no need in 2 factor!
And you use windows-based computer. It's easy to hack! Use only linux!
So. Some one HACKED YOU. and STEAL YOUR MONEY. So why do you think, btc-e is responsible for that?
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:00:09 PM

Your 2 factor is needed to login or withdraw. So. If session was not closed for you, no need in 2 factor!
And you use windows-based computer. It's easy to hack! Use only linux!
So. Some one HACKED YOU. and STEAL YOUR MONEY. So why do you think, btc-e is responsible for that?

Except btc-e logs you out automatically after a short while of inactivity. The logins in question were several hours apart.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
HASHRA

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 10:45:59 AM

If everything you are saying is right then it sounds like a trojan... get someone that knows what they are doing to have a look at your computer.

Altcoinblog.net

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

That sucks man !

What kind of passwords did you use ? Do you use the same password for multiple sites and services ? That's pretty much the only likely option.
If so, I suggest you get into the habit of using a program like Keepass. It's free, safe, and easy. You'll only have to remember one good password, the program generates su[er strong ones for you. You can store the database ( encrypted, of course ) on dropbox, for example.

That saved me so much hassle Smiley

Good luck.
newts

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:44:12 PM

If the IP's were yours someone has gained remote access to your computer.  Key catchers the whole 9 yards.

You can setup your router so that it only allows devices you (their mac address's.)

Time to secure erase your HDD (SSD) and reinstall windows with all updates.  Us real time virus like MSE,  update it once a week.

Have your computer on an image backup schedule, once per week or after any big transactions to Multibit.

Also shouldn't you keep yu money in your multibit wallets,  always seems more secure to me?
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:50:05 PM

Yes the IPs they gave me were all mine. There was a login at 19:24, about 15 mins before the withdrawal happened but I don't think I logged in BTC-e then. Usually I would get a "Successful Authorization" email from btc-e after I log in too but there's no email like that at that time either? I checked all over my email, including trash, spams and there's no a single email from BTC-e. I highly doubt someone could bypass by 2 factor (which needed my iPhone), logged in to my btc-e, did all the trades, made the withdrawal, went to my email, confirmed the withdrawal, then deleted the email without me knowing anything. I use gmail and I check it very often.

I just don't understand if they made the trades from NMC to USD, USD to LTC, why aren't these trades on my notifications. Usually when an order is filled, it shows up on notification right? I still have all notifications from my last trades, but not these at 19:41.
Gmail 2 way comm seems exploited. I heard another story at cloudflare owner had his account under gmail 2 way comm passed.
You should contact local police about it. Interpol can help to find thief.
banaltcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:03:51 PM

btc-e management is anonymous and there is no way to contact their owner directly
loganha112

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:47:17 PM

Hey everyone I just came across this thread because my account was hacked too. I contacted BCT-E and they basically did the same thing, just give me all the login and logout times and IP address. I came across this:
79   logout   logout use logout button   75.***(My Logout after a while of trying to figure out where my money went)   
23:22
78   logout   logout use logout button   62.***( Someone else's ip logout)   
21:45
77   login   success login   62.***(Someone else's ip that used for another login)   
21:43
76   login   success login   75.***(My IP)   
20:51

I find this very odd only because in between those other IP login's, I had an email sent to me with a withdrawal confirmation at 21:44, that i tried to cancel but there was an error. Is there a way to contact BTC-E again to explain this to them? I have all the proof, withdrawal confirmation email at 21:44, and these different IP addresses that show there was a login twice in a row and then my money was gone.
rhino34567

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:33:20 PM

Seems odd. I also doubt that btc-e would be able to do a rollback.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

Hey everyone I just came across this thread because my account was hacked too.

Did you have 2FA on?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:17:01 AM

The more I read this, and other BTC -e related threads, I`m surprised they even have an exchange.

Like this adds on top of the whole drama of them holding funds to even trade.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:47:14 AM

it's happened to me, and lots of others too. Just look at the threads on it here. Always seems to be BTC-E too.

BINTEX