Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Risk Management. Top-9 Rules  (Read 228 times)
Bit talk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:47:27 PM

While managing your risk is the most critical part of your investment strategy in any market, cryptocurrency risk management needs particular attention. Read this short guide to learn how to upgrade your investment skills using a risk-informed decision-making process.

1. Don’t invest more than 20% of your deposit in one altcoin.
 2. Always set Stop-Loss (selling order). It will allow to fix your gains and control your loses.
 3. For long-term positions don’t invest more than 50% of your deposit in altcoins.
 4. If you see the signal that BTC price is falling down and you want to sell your bitcoins and repurchase for lower price – don’t sell more than 20% of your deposit.
 5. Don’t purchase currencies during intense growth.
 6. Don’t trade when you are tired or emotionally down.
 7. Try to purchase coins on the bottom and don’t be greed while selling. To have several winning positions with small profits is much better than waiting for super-gains from one position.
 8. To get insured that the signal will bring you maximal profit, diverse selling orders. It’s needed for a case if not all the targets indicated in the signals will be reached. The biggest possibility belongs to the first target. Chances to break the 2nd and the 3rd are smaller. Optimal trading volume should look like this: 50-70% for the 1st target, 20-30% - for the 2nd target, 10-20% - for the 3rd target.
 9.The last one and the main rule: never go all in! What you should do, is excactly the opposite. Always trade with low percentages of what you own. Every trade includes the risk to lose money, so a single loss should never be too destructive concerning your total assets.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manhont

Activity: 518
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:36:12 PM

I am a long-term investor and violate many of these rules, nevertheless I have a good profit and I think that long-term investment is more profitable than trading

victory.lil

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:38:04 PM

Wow this is really true, very correct advice, which seems from the personal experience of this person, I think that these rules can really help you with trading. But you still need not lose sight of the fact that trading is very risky.
kartalgiunti

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:43:43 PM

The rules here are very clear and detailed. I think the most important rule is to be patient. Early and hasty steps can hurt us.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:54:17 PM

10. Don't keep your investment on exchanges.
11. Don't follow to pump, don't play from news front in crypto
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:26:32 PM

what is the idea behind #4? What am I missing? What is significant about 20% of your deposit?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
ozols

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:33:57 PM

wow nicd article, thanks for this information, i hink it would be very helpfull for everyone
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

I learn a lot on this post and unfortunately, i dont have merit to give. All of those advise are the opposite of what i did! Now my funds are trap in DRGN and went all in! I bought it at $0.90 and buy back at $0.87. Now it is much lower. I will definitely try to do this guidelines. Thanks dude! I already saved it to my notes.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:41:19 PM

Good advice and overall deserves my respect, but i disagree with the first item, which mentions "Do not invest more than 20% of your deposit in an altcoin". I understand your vision and your knowledge and we are not to judge, but how do you want to earn a lot, if you are afraid of investing too much? Everything is proportional and fact in defining an amount to invest we can not create despair for more and that would be greed, a defect that teaches us how to lose quickly.

BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

It seems that you like the figure of 20%. In my opinion, risking 20% of the total deposit is a much. I think that 5%, a maximum of 10% is a more reasonable strategy. All of course depends on the size of the deposit.
BravO_o

Activity: 532
Merit: 165

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:20:15 PM

While managing your risk is the most critical part of your investment strategy in any market, cryptocurrency risk management needs particular attention. Read this short guide to learn how to upgrade your investment skills using a risk-informed decision-making process.

2. Always set Stop-Loss (selling order). It will allow to fix your gains and control your loses.
 3. For long-term positions don’t invest more than 50% of your deposit in altcoins.
 4. If you see the signal that BTC price is falling down and you want to sell your bitcoins and repurchase for lower price – don’t sell more than 20% of your deposit.
 7. Try to purchase coins on the bottom and don’t be greed while selling. To have several winning positions with small profits is much better than waiting for super-gains from one position.
 8. To get insured that the signal will bring you maximal profit, diverse selling orders. It’s needed for a case if not all the targets indicated in the signals will be reached. The biggest possibility belongs to the first target. Chances to break the 2nd and the 3rd are smaller. Optimal trading volume should look like this: 50-70% for the 1st target, 20-30% - for the 2nd target, 10-20% - for the 3rd target.
 9.The last one and the main rule: never go all in! What you should do, is excactly the opposite. Always trade with low percentages of what you own. Every trade includes the risk to lose money, so a single loss should never be too destructive concerning your total assets.

Perhaps add another point. Always keep part of your funds in bitcoin, part in usd. You can always buy altcoins for bitcoin. And if bitcoin falls, you can buy it for usd.
BIT WRLD

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:28:50 AM

Its really help this information for new investors and who is worry about loss in crypto market, this nine rules are correct and i will follow this for my safe trading and get profits in crypto market thank you   
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:55:25 AM

Very well deducted.
You'll get these things with experience but it's better to learn from others mistake than to commit all of it yourself.
Not just tired or emotionally down but also don't trade when you are high or drunk. Cheesy I did that mistake personally.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

katri

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:57:32 AM

i never follow these steps. all i know is purchase the coin when low value, hold it for a long term and if price reach to my target. sell it all. ussually i set the price when my capital will be double thats the time to sell everything. until it does not reach to that point i never sell. i am very patient in kind of business.
ifanxu

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:00:53 AM

I think everyone understands the rules, but it's hard to keep the so-called rules in real situations.
baduday1991

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 01:05:41 AM

This is a very good rules I really agree with this hope all newbie here in cryptocurrency will see this to help their make a plan always spend 5% of your portfolio in trading and never go all in. Make a plan before go any trading buy in position and target sell position, it is short term, mid term or longer trading because a plan like this is to make sure you maximize your profit in your trade and will minimize your losses. Goodluck everyone.

phamquangbinh

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:38:30 AM

I understand your vision and your knowledge and we are not to judge, but how do you want to earn a lot, if you are afraid of investing too much? Everything is proportional and fact in defining an amount to invest we can not create despair for more and that would be greed, a defect that teaches us how to lose quickly.
thanhphank34

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 07:42:13 AM

Thank you for your advice.These advices is good for day traders - Who wants to gain the daily benefit.
BIT WRLD

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:44:56 AM

this are very helpful for investors and who is worried about trading this rules is like tonic, i don' have S marits if i have will proved this post because seen your hard work in this post thank you 
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:21:50 AM

Adding few more:

1. Never follow Pumps and Dumps
2. Dont trust strangers giving you signals in large telegram or discord groups, they are usually meant to dump on you.
3. Always do your research before investing
4. ICOs are good only if they have great fundamentals and are backed up with strong teams and advisory board behind them.
5. Do Not HOLD loosebags, come out of those if the market sentiments are negative.
6. Never chase a coin which is already pumped by over 50% in a day
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: