Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer U1 USB + raspberry PI + minepeon setup  (Read 22505 times)
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:02:42 PM

all done and get only:
Code:
No devices running
Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigJRepairs

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:28:34 PM

You probably just need to reboot.
I had issues at first because my pool username and password settings were jacked up.
HypnoticGuy

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 12:20:54 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 12:41:14 AM by HypnoticGuy

Change the third line, it's more stable and it'll prolong the life of the sticks unless you're cooling them. If you're running the PI on that hub try unplugging one of the miners.

PI         - .7 A
Miner 1 - 1A
Miner 2 - 1A

/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer/cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0781

If BTC/USD goes to 10K this year you'd make $200 on the year per stick. Otherwise you're not likely to make a profit.

Wise words. No one should be buying an Antminer thinking they're going to make a "profit" on it. Even if you get one fairly cheap for them ~$60: you're not going to be able to mine BTC, PPC, or anything else and get any sort of ROI (with electricity costs), absent BTC/PPC/ALT appreciating enormously.

I sure would like to know how you come to this conclusion.  First, for me electricity is not an issue, I live in an extended stay hotel, and they pay the bill. :-)

I have 7 Antminers ($65 each cost, $455 total) overclocked, and running at an average of 1.95 Gh/s for a total of about 13.6 Gh/s.  All other equipment (USB hubs) I had already.

On the Eligius pool I am mining about 0.01048576 BTC in LESS THAN 3 days.  Their stats are down, so I can't be more specific right now.

Using those figures I am mining about 0.105 BTC a month.  At current 1 BTC = $827.33 on Bitstamp giving me about $87 a month.

I less than 5 months I break even.  If the value of BTC goes up I break even sooner.  If 1 BTC = $1000 then I break even in about 4.3 months.  At BTC = $1200 I'm even in 3.6 months.  

I am really new at this though, so I am probably missing something.  

Thoughts?

Oh, and on a side note, everything I have read says Antminers require .5Amps, not 1Amp as suggested above.  Of course this goes up a bit when I'm overclocking a bit under +20% I would guess, but not to 1Amp. Have I been misinformed (not that I worry about electricity costs at this time)?

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 12:45:15 AM

Using those figures I am mining about 0.105 BTC a month.  At current 1 BTC = $827.33 on Bitstamp giving me about $87 a month.

I less than 5 months I break even.  If the value of BTC goes up I break even sooner.  If 1 BTC = $1000 then I break even in about 4.3 months.  At BTC = $1200 I'm even in 3.6 months.  

I am really new at this though, so I am probably missing something.

You make roughly 20% less than that ever 2 weeks. You will not make the same every month. That's the missing piece.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
BigJRepairs

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:37:25 AM

I'm rounding based off of sustainable figures from people who are not frying miners over the long term. Not what can I get away with right now numbers. Everybody has different situation and different setups. Ideally you should provide the PI with an independent power source of at least an amp. If you want to measure the power draw of your wifi setup or how much the LAN chip and each miner is drawing, by all means break out a meter. I'm actually working out a periodic reboot daemon right now unless anyone knows of one. I'm rebooting 2-3 times daily.

You gotta adjust your ROI for difficulty, it's increasing quite rapidly. Most of the people selling hardware don't want you to look at that, and their calculators reflect as such. Mess with the TGB calculator, without a conversion increase you lose money even with no power cost.
HypnoticGuy

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 03:37:59 AM

You gotta adjust your ROI for difficulty, it's increasing quite rapidly. Most of the people selling hardware don't want you to look at that, and their calculators reflect as such. Mess with the TGB calculator, without a conversion increase you lose money even with no power cost.

Are you referring to this calculator? http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/
If so, it's way off.  But, I think what the issue is, is that it doesn't take into account mining within a pool.

The results I get from this calculator are right about what I am currently experiencing: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

How much can I expect the difficulty to go up, and how fast?  Is that a known figure?

I'm just learning here. Sorry for the newbie questions.
BigJRepairs

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:06:57 AM

Are you referring to this calculator? http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/
If so, it's way off.  But, I think what the issue is, is that it doesn't take into account mining within a pool.

The results I get from this calculator are right about what I am currently experiencing: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

How much can I expect the difficulty to go up, and how fast?  Is that a known figure?

I'm just learning here. Sorry for the newbie questions.

Both of those calculators show the same thing, so I'm not sure what you meant by way off. The only difference is bitcoinwisdom doesn't let you account for hardware costs, power consumption, or project difficulty increase, or the fee your pool charges.(edit) I saw after http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator shows very similar results to TGB(/edit) You are free to speculate that it doesn't change ever again, or put whatever numbers you want in it.

Difficulty increase is not a known figure, and it's a heavily debated topic elsewhere in the forum. You can see on either of those calculators it's getting close to doubling on a monthly basis and it's only getting harder from here.
dpazdanbit

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:24:22 AM

Wonder if anyone has any idea why I'm seeing so many errors?  
I'm using this for my startup settings:

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer/cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0881 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

https://i.imgur.com/bze7zlW.png
BigJRepairs

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:03:42 AM

***For those still having issues, make sure you are not plugging straight into the pi
**Fresh install minepeon
*This runs 1.7 to 2 stable, I think we should compare charts to bfg to see if it matters

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S git base-devel ncurses curl libusbx jre7-openjdk-headless
**Hit Enter
*Hit Y
cd /opt/
sudo git clone https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer.git
cd cgminer/
sudo ./autogen.sh --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain
sudo rm /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer/
sudo make install
cd ..
sudo mv cgminer /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer
**edit mine peon startup settings
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer/cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0881 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
**Reboot

***Optional if you're having issues, I made this addition to miner.conf, don't think it matters***

sudo nano /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",

***Extra option***
Donate more than the 15 minutes this man asks for

If you're loaded an froggy, or were about to drop kick your pi down the street after wasting a Saturday
BTC
1FT5Z9Z96z8Mear6BXApkQEgUpbr8gXgxz

Thanks for this procedure - so far it works for me, but only if i start cgminer manually with

Code:
cd /opt/minepeon/bin
cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0881 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

I have to start cgminer after navigating to the folder the start-file is in. If i try to start it with

Code:
/opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0881 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

i get the following output:

/opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer: --bmsc-options: unrecognized option

looks curious to me, because there is no difference in the options i give to cgminer. Any hint?

Hey Ginsley I just realized I missed your post, check to see where you moved the new compiled cgminer. I followed half of the original post realizing that a similar mistake was made moving the folder to /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer/cgminer instead of /opt/minepeon/bin/cgminer you can either move it to the right spot or just add the extra /cgminer
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:00:25 PM

I can only launch from terminal. I believe my problem resides with /usr/bin/screen as there appears to be no screen after building with the latest version of minepeon. Investigating.
KermitsOnCrackk

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:07:22 AM

Quick question if i upgrade my minepeon so that an Antminer U1 can work with it, will my ASICMINER Block Erupter still work as well so i can mine with both of them??
This is because i want to buy an Antminer U1 but still want to use my other miner.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 12:29:15 PM

Quick question if i upgrade my minepeon so that an Antminer U1 can work with it, will my ASICMINER Block Erupter still work as well so i can mine with both of them??
This is because i want to buy an Antminer U1 but still want to use my other miner.

You can use the AntMiner U1 and Block Erupters together with bfgminer.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
bitcoinblog

Activity: 496
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:34:56 PM

Latest Minepeon is working with all Antminers without tweaking anything.

Results

** FREE SPACE **
rostbiffen (OP)

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:20:52 AM

great then i edit the post

jbmac1967

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:21:08 PM

how do you Overclock using minepeon
oskuro

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:14:49 AM

I would like to know if antminer u2 works also with this tutorial.

I read you use here antminer u1.

thanks.
wdac

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:23:35 PM

UPDATE 2014-01-07: Latest version of Minepeon works with Antminer!

For older versions:

1 INSTALL MINEPEON

1.1 download minepeon from sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/minepeon/files/release/

1.2 install minepeon to the SD-card. i used RPi-writer for MAC.

1.3 Find the IP to the PI, i logged in to my router to find the IP.

2 RECOMPILE CGMINER TO BITMAIN:S VERSION.

This will recompile the cgminer so it will work with Antminer U1 USB.

2.1 SSH to the pi using: ssh minepeon@[yourip], default password is peon.

2.2 type in the following commands: ( the autogen.sh command will take a lot of time )

sudo pacman -S git base-devel ncurses curl libusbx jre7-openjdk-headless
cd /opt/
sudo git clone https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer.git
cd cgminer/
sudo ./autogen.sh --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain
sudo make install

2.3 DONE!

with this setup it will ONLY work with bitmain chips, if you want to run minepeon with other devices, for example BitFury, you need to add it to the autogen.sh command.

http://s27.postimg.org/rxbn0e27n/Mining_Peaon_TEMP.png

Is there possible to get stat´s graph on temp´s?? do i need to run a upgrade or install a plugin to get temp graph on my ASIC device? and not only hash rate graph´s?
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:02:26 PM

Is there possible to get stat´s graph on temp´s?? do i need to run a upgrade or install a plugin to get temp graph on my ASIC device? and not only hash rate graph´s?

If you install the MobileMiner add-on for MinePeon (here) you can access graphs of your temperatures at web.mobileminerapp.com.

GaryL

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:44:06 PM

Really a good guide, thank you very much for your work.
wdac

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:17:18 PM

If you install the MobileMiner add-on for MinePeon (here) you can access graphs of your temperatures at web.mobileminerapp.com.

Thanks, tryed it, works well and as you say its found att web.mobileminerapp.com, but i also want to be able to see a graph local network on my RPI-Peon.
i want to be able to install another graph into the "standard view.

can i change the timespan on the graph´s at web.mobileminerapp.com??

the history for the temp graph its a bit short Smiley i want to be able to see temp stats for atleast 7 to 14 day´s
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: