Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:56:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So many coins, wallets and network syncs..  (Read 540 times)
NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:32:50 PM

So how do you all deal with the increasing amount of coins, the resulting wallets and the networks that need syncing?

Do you sync them on a regular basis?
Do you sync them when you need the coins? (which can then take up hours if you didn't sync for a month)
Do you refuse to use all the shit that is released?

Please enlighten me as all the syncing is starting to annoy me..
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:50:33 PM

My fix is to pick about 5-10 of your favorites, and not jump from coin to coin as they are being created.  Then my active ones like Bottlecaps, I have synced all the time, while others like BTC or LTC, I sync them whenever I transfer coins in, or transfer them out.  Sure it takes a while, but they don't need to be up to date if your not using them atm.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:54:47 PM

Someone please make an autoadaptive Multibit-Wallet for all Altcoins :-)

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Fandekasp

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

http://www.coinsmanager.com/

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 09:58:50 PM

I only sync wallets when I feel like checking an alt coin. I'm thinking long term, so I don't need to sync everyday.

Best is to create them in a virtual machine (eg vagrant + docker) to isolate the risk of a software being a scam.

After, I'm working on http://www.coinsmanager.com/ to be able to manage all my public addresses, my coins and see their value.

Follow CoinsManager !, free Open source multi-address multi-currency Port-folio
yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:59:30 PM

I use about 130 wallets (about 60GB) at the moment, syncing when needed, but the main problem is not syncing but wallets that doesn't work and must be updated or reloaded. I don't use more the 3 wallets at the same time, because my harddisc is stressed too much by p2p. I'm thinking about an external ssd or a fast usb3 stick.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

This would be awesome.  In fact I bet there is a lot of fiat to be made making one of these and selling it, I think many many people would want one, as long as it was relatively cheap.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
NorrisK (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:46:02 PM

Guess I'll do that as well, only sync what is really needed. Not planning to sell anytime soon anyway, not in this alt dip "crisis".
walters

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:59:16 PM

Pick a few candidates with some history, watch how their networks run, how the devs solve problems and communicate with their communities.
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

+1000

hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

Decentralized exchanges are the best solution. Ripple holds a lot of promise for addressing these growing concerns.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: