Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin was probably a scam - and if it was, here's who's responsible  (Read 12374 times)
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:31:09 AM

All this drama, and the price has only dropped .40  Huh

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Weaver

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:50:14 AM

The integrity of the moderators is as questionable as Bruce Wagner at this point.

That's a stretch, unless Theymos was convicted of fraud in a mortgage assistance scam too. Smiley

Well maybe so, But I would love to hear as to why they are trying to suppress Bruce Wagner stories.
Sharing personal information, possible defamation of character, etc. etc. It's hard to find solid facts on the internet Sad If they straight out deleted it; I'd cry conspiracy.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:52:46 AM

The integrity of the moderators is as questionable as Bruce Wagner at this point.

That's a stretch, unless Theymos was convicted of fraud in a mortgage assistance scam too. Smiley

Well maybe so, But I would love to hear as to why they are trying to suppress Bruce Wagner stories.

I don't know about the rest of the mods, but I'm a new mod and just moving/locking/deleting as appropriate when it's a complete troll post.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:26:46 AM

This is just weak!

Would one of you guys file a fucking police report so he can get locked up if any of this crap is real and bitcoin can move on. Or shut the fuck up and stop spreading FUD. Atm this forum is like a soap opera on bad acid.

Oh and mods and admin pick your balls up off the damned floor set a timeframe or what ever for getting this bowl of crud sorted one way or another if not met then just just zap any threads on this shite to kingdom come there are other places for this kind of.....

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:06:47 PM

everyone deserves their day in court.

Yes, and Bruce has had several.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 06:40:27 PM

I hope that the sponsors of his show are made aware of the recent revelations.

I pulled my sponsorship (bluecanarynightlight.com) pretty quickly after seeing what a mess the Bitcoin Show was. I regret every bit-penny I paid for those ads. I hope the community will accept my apologies for being in any way involved.

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 07:33:56 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 07:44:01 PM by Nagle

OK, let's see what hard data we can find.

Bold Funding, Inc.
Nevada corporation search
Status: "Permanently Revoked".  President: "BRUCE WAGNER" Address "2248 MERIDIAN BLVD STE H   MINDEN, NV".  

The address is actually "Sutton Law Center", an "Incorporate in Nevada" firm specializing in "asset protection". "Corporate Direct forms and maintains your entity, and you subscribe to the Corporate Formality Services, we guarantee that you will not be exposed to personal liability from an attempt to pierce the corporate veil. If you are planning to form an entity to create asset protection, subscribing to the Corporate Formality Services will give you the added confidence that your protection team is working for you."

Updating...

An image of the court judgement against Bruce Wagner and Bold Funding is available.
"... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner did not possess a license to engage in the business of a mortgage broker, mortgage servicing company, or a mortgage company in Illinois. ... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner received thousands of dollars from homeowners for the purpose of providing funding for them, but the Defendants did not provide such services and then retained these monies for their own use."
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:37:08 PM

After reading all this shit the last few days I think this is on spot:

the mybitcoin guy just used Bruce as an easy pawn

And not only does this imply that this mybitcoin guy is on this forum, it is also likely that he is one of those that constantly bring up new threads about Bruce, because this "Tom Williams" seems o be the main profiteer of having Bruce as an easy pawn.

Maybe some mod should send the IP addresses of those thread starters to #bitcoin-police.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:40:55 PM

However, one thing's for sure: Bruce Wagner's got a lot of explaining to do.

Maybe, but this isn't a courtroom, and your diatribe not evidence of much.  If he was a con artist, he was a crappy one, and still is.  What con artist would still be using an identity that could easily tie back to such prior events?  Particularly within a community that it is so very easy to obscure one's own identity.  What gain would there have been for Bruce to invest into Mybitcoin.com just to scuttle it?  Certainly he would have known that the blockchain would eventually trace back to himself and that the scandal would have devalued the currency.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:42:19 PM

Maybe some mod should send the IP addresses of those thread starters to #bitcoin-police.

Mods can't do this, only global administrators.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Apate (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:44:30 PM

Maybe, but this isn't a courtroom, and your diatribe not evidence of much. 

It's evidence that Bruce Wagner has admitted to being a man who's defrauded vulnerable homeowners out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:46:40 PM

However, one thing's for sure: Bruce Wagner's got a lot of explaining to do.

Maybe, but this isn't a courtroom, and your diatribe not evidence of much.  If he was a con artist, he was a crappy one, and still is.  What con artist would still be using an identity that could easily tie back to such prior events?  Particularly within a community that it is so very easy to obscure one's own identity.  What gain would there have been for Bruce to invest into Mybitcoin.com just to scuttle it?  Certainly he would have known that the blockchain would eventually trace back to himself and that the scandal would have devalued the currency.

Who says Bruce "invested" in anything?

It's like conning 101 man, you pretend to put a lot of your own capital into an investment and invite friends along for the ride, meanwhile you have control over the whole thing and run off with the other investments when it is time to disappear.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 07:53:00 PM

OK, let's see what hard data we can find.

Bold Funding, Inc.
Nevada corporation search
Status: "Permanently Revoked".  President: "BRUCE WAGNER" Address "2248 MERIDIAN BLVD STE H   MINDEN, NV".  

The address is actually "Sutton Law Center", an "Incorporate in Nevada" firm specializing in "asset protection". "Corporate Direct forms and maintains your entity, and you subscribe to the Corporate Formality Services, we guarantee that you will not be exposed to personal liability from an attempt to pierce the corporate veil. If you are planning to form an entity to create asset protection, subscribing to the Corporate Formality Services will give you the added confidence that your protection team is working for you."

Updating...

An image of the court judgement against Bruce Wagner and Bold Funding is available.
"... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner did not possess a license to engage in the business of a mortgage broker, mortgage servicing company, or a mortgage company in Illinois. ... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner received thousands of dollars from homeowners for the purpose of providing funding for them, but the Defendants did not provide such services and then retained these monies for their own use."

Now we need hard data establishing that the Bruce Wagner of Bold Funding is the Bruce Wagner of The Bitcoin Show.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:57:47 PM

Now we need hard data establishing that the Bruce Wagner of Bold Funding is the Bruce Wagner of The Bitcoin Show.

You mean like all the hard data that has been gathered over the course of the day that even forced Bruce Wagner to admit that he is the same person, but claim it was just mismanagement not fraud?
DrZaius

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:27:27 PM

Uh, you know Bruce Wagner admitted to it on these very forums, right?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40404.0

Did you think he just volunteered this information?

http://my.afterdawn.com/punlman/
https://i.imgur.com/dVcoG.png

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=100 / http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showuser=100
https://i.imgur.com/mkuT7.png https://i.imgur.com/n7U5o.png
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:37:51 PM

Strange how mybitcoin.com just went offline.

404 Not Found

The server can not find the requested page:

50.61.240.200/proxy/errors/404/ (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to 50.61.240.200's WebMaster.

404 error page shows it is hosted at Arvixe

<h1>404 Not Found</h1>
<p>The server can not find the requested page:</p>
  <blockquote>
    50.61.240.200/proxy/errors/404/ (port 80)
  </blockquote>
<p>
    Please forward this error screen to 50.61.240.200's
    <a href="mailto:servers@arvixe.com?subject=Error message [404] 404 Not Found for 50.61.240.200/proxy/errors/404/ port 80 on Tuesday, 30-Aug-2011 22:00:07 PDT">

WebMaster</a>.
</p>
<hr />

Wait, I've seen that somewhere...
Of course, this is where OnlyOneTv is hosted!

Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ONLYONETV.COM
   Registrar: ENOM, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.enom.com
   Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
   Name Server: NS1.RAVEN.ARVIXE.COM
   Name Server: NS2.RAVEN.ARVIXE.COM

Updated Date: 15-aug-2011
   Creation Date: 15-sep-2010
   Expiration Date: 15-sep-2012

Bruce, you are a magnet to unfortunate coincidences.

It's no "unfortunate coincidence" 50.61.240.200 is the IP address for onlyonetv.com
ping onlyonetv.com
PING onlyonetv.com (50.61.240.200) 56(84) bytes of data.

Strangely enough, when you try and curl mybitcoin.com NOW, you get a blank response.  Tongue

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:08:03 PM

The fact Bruce started his own thread admitting that he was isn't hard enough?

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:06:55 AM

wow. just wow.

Case closed.
Lock em up.

Penalty should be death. We don't need this shit on Earth.

Be humble!
Stalin-chan

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:11:43 AM

This isn't even a huge deal, does anyone here think it would be too much to ask for Bruce to release the public encryption key for his Wallet so we can all see that he was refunded all the money he lost from Mybitcoin.com, seems simple enough right?

So why wont he do it?
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:47:30 AM

I have been impressed with the ability of our little collective to track down and piece together pieces of the mybitcoin.com puzzle.  I don't claim that I have anything profound to add, but just in case it may be helpful in the future, I am presenting an email thread I had with Bruce Wagner regarding mybitcoin.com.

On July 5th I started a thread, "Mybitcoin is a scam!"  At around that time I sent Bruce Wagner an email asking him to stop promoting Mybitcoin on his bitcoinme site:

I received this reply:

A few days later I sent another request asking him to take mybitcoin off his site:

And I received this reply:

...and then this reply:

About three weeks later I noticed his site had changed not at all and I sent this:

And I received this reply:

Then, On August 2nd when mybitcoin.com went dark I received this.  Unfortunately, I actually read it a couple of days later because I hadn't been checking my email account. I never chatted with Bruce.

end!

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀