Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The philosophy of buying when others panic sell...  (Read 2669 times)
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:03:41 AM

FYI: I exit unprofitable positions immediately.

Holy smokes he's a pro trader!
Soliloguy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:16:40 AM

As much as I try to plot and plan, I almost never do better than buy-and-hold. But that's probably just because this is a freak of a market.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:01:34 AM

FYI: I exit unprofitable positions immediately.

Holy smokes he's a pro trader!

I'm not really good at it. Other people have satoshi dice, I have btc-e (I can't really use anything else others charge too much fees)
KARHU

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:01:43 AM

Believers in the Bull who do not pay their due to me will always pay their dues when their faith waivers, I assure you, you will pay your dues to me. When your losses exceed 50, 60, 70, 80 % you will not be able to refuse the irresistible draw of Oski!

The sooner you worship me, the less you will lose mortal.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:15:15 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 03:04:12 AM by shmadz

This is the moment all buyers wait for.

Don't kid yourself.

That panic selling sweet spot is much lower down than this.

Mat! Long time no see!

Are you feeling better these days? more importantly sleeping better?

*edit*

I guess I should at least address the original post since I'm crapping in his thread trying to catch up with an old friend (not really, but I do value MatTheCat's contributions)

So my "The philosophy of buying when others panic sell..." is that I am a crap trader.

The only way I have been able to consistently increase my btc position has been to simply set a tranche on either side of the price and hope for volatility, (last couple days been very nice Wink I just make sure that I have my tranches set deep enough to account for whatever occurance. For example lower tranche ends at 288, upper tranche to 4000. worst case outcome is I get cleaned out on either side, If I get cleaned out on the top side, oh well, I cash out a tidy sum. I get cleaned out on the low side, now I've got a ton of coins, but they might be worthless. Oh well, it's been fun, just wait and see if it recovers (lesson learned from that crash after the 32 spike.)

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: