Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot to connect my avalon PSU and PDU  (Read 1821 times)
maupert (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:50:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm running two KNC miners and expanded my mining capabilities by ordering 2 200GHS Avalons from a Chinese supplier.
Received them yesterday with Chinese PSU delivered separately. Hooked them up with only the ATX power supply and units performed well.

At the avalon PDU 1.55 are 2 EPS connectors, 6 PCI-E connectors, 4 EXT, 1 ATX  and a connector for the controller board.

what connectors do I need to set power to from the PSU. Connected them all except the EPS connectors and nothing happend. THe machine did not boot.
Is there a manual how to connect all the wires in the Avalon.

I ran the Avalon for a day and then it started to smell, one machine stopped, rebooted it and it ran for a couple of hours. I didn't trust the smell so after kids were to bed oopend one up. Result a molen ATX power connector.

Reading the blog learned me to connect all EPS and PCI connectors, but my machine won't boot. I can replace the atx connector and buy a new PSU, but it wont help if it burns my atx connector again, even worse I could be woken up in the middle of the night by a raging fire.

SO what to do, sell the parts, or just fix it and hope it work out better whit an European PSU.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hqv1vs.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/oi9nol.jpg
anexonel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 01:44:03 AM

I had the same thing happen to me, just buy a new PDU v1.55 and you should be good to go!

YouTube Channels: www.youtube.com/anexonel
www.youtube.com/anexonel13
Amount of items sold on the forum: 4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: