Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:11:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this Purgatory?  (Read 921 times)
CartGeezer (OP)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:58:49 PM

Terribly sorry, just couldn't help chuckling when I had that thought.  Anyone else think waiting out four hours simulates waiting 'in between' the fire and the clouds?

I'm alternating mining between LTC, FTC, CGB, PHS, DGC, BQC, DMD,and WDC.  Only been mining about 6 weeks, started CPU mining at 1.4 khash  Cheesy, then tried my 9500 GTs and got 15 khash.  Did some research and went Radeon, they are really the only choice.  Up to 800 khash now...

So what are you mining?  Trading?

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:05:12 AM

Me, I don't mine or trade yet. I honestly get more pleasure from watching people go crazy over this stuff. Chasing the ever fleeting American dream.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
CartGeezer (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:17:17 AM

It is Capitalism at its finest,  Generating wealth.

If you have a decent gaming machine, you probably won't have much expense getting started.

Take a whack at it!

elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:21:55 AM

I'm mining Data coin-  Using a laptop with a nvidia card at the moment, so figured I should go towards the more CPU friendly currencies.
CartGeezer (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

I'm mining Data coin-  Using a laptop with a nvidia card at the moment, so figured I should go towards the more CPU friendly currencies.

Look on nvidia's site and see if your card supports CUDA.  Anything newer probably will.  If you can't find the info, download and run GPU-Z.  It will tell all.

If you do support CUDA, hunt for cudaminer to use your card to mine with.  You probably know GPUs kick CPU hiney.

Give that laptop lots of air.

For a laugh, one of the machines I started with was a Pentium3 laptop, .4 khash/sec  Smiley

BassDuck

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:28:33 AM

I'm a fairly new miner, started about 2 months ago with my 6950 which got me about 400 Kh, I wish I'd known about this stuff sooner, cause it put me under some kind of spell lol!

After mining a couple weeks I managed to setup a dedicated mining rig with 3 280x's and still run my 6950 when I sleep Tongue. Got quite into trading after I had a bit of crypto, it's really exciting, I'm currently sitting on a loss of about .150 bitcoin Sad but, it's fun, and you never know, maybe I'll get lucky! haha.

CartGeezer (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:33:41 AM

I'm a fairly new miner, started about 2 months ago with my 6950 which got me about 400 Kh, I wish I'd known about this stuff sooner, cause it put me under some kind of spell lol!

After mining a couple weeks I managed to setup a dedicated mining rig with 3 280x's and still run my 6950 when I sleep Tongue. Got quite into trading after I had a bit of crypto, it's really exciting, I'm currently sitting on a loss of about .150 bitcoin Sad but, it's fun, and you never know, maybe I'll get lucky! haha.

That about sums it up for me.  I have a friend who likes to gamble, I told him to try at least speculating... pretty hard to lose everything.

BassDuck

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:47:59 AM

I've been trading lots of Lotto coin, n it's been a pretty big gamble haha.

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:19:09 AM

Yep, fellow newb here in purgatory. Just started mining netcoin a few days ago (running Ubuntu and a single R9 290X). The compiling stuff was fun. Compiled the netcoin client and cgminer 3.7.2. I'm getting 835khash/sec from this one card. I have two more 290X's to add and then I'll be a happy miner.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
CartGeezer (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:43:32 PM

"Just started mining netcoin a few days ago (running Ubuntu and a single R9 290X)."

I really need to learn how to run Linux.

"I had a bit of crypto, it's really exciting, I'm currently sitting on a loss of about .150 bitcoin Sad but, it's fun, and you never know, maybe I'll get lucky! haha.

Try this... start at the top and work your way down, it's all good.  The section on Candlestick patterns is great and simple.  Don't know if I can post a link yet.... stock-trading-infocentre with a dot and a com.

They don't try to sell you anything, another good thing.

keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:28:39 PM

"Just started mining netcoin a few days ago (running Ubuntu and a single R9 290X)."

I really need to learn how to run Linux.

I had my first experience with linux setting up a rig with a old motherboard i got for free and one Club 3d 7990. I am quite experienced with computers but this Linux/Ubuntu is really weird. Without google I would have had zero chance of getting it to work. This is a rig without hard drive, so booting into Ubuntu from USB

I have no LAN, just WLAN and fought with it 2-3 days before I got it mining at 1150kh/s and I have tried everything to get it higher but no luck.
The 7990 i bought was second hand and it went to 100 Celsius mining but i took it apart and changed the heat transfer paste and now its 70-80 degrees.

Eikel

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:37:59 PM

I'm mining middlecoin with triple 290's and sometimes I jump in when new coins get launched. Did mined some quark coins on my CPU's but now it's only GPU mining. Thinking about putting an extra 280x on my rig to max out my power supply.
jimmyjimmy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:07:11 PM

i am mining and i've chosen to mine coinye
Seppelpeters

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:16:07 PM

The only thing to mine at the moment is Gridcoin, it really seems to have a future in internet culture, also their dev team and community have been growing since day one and are really behind the project. Its promising new approach to boinc and the implemented cool down timer, that is supposed to make the coin greener, are the way to go for future crypto-currencies. With my 7950, only mining at 500khash, I made about 2 bitcoins up to this point since the launch of the coin and am now investing in a 7 card rig.
Hijikata

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

This is not the purgatory , it's the invasion of the clones
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: