Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: gonefishing510 - I sent him a casasicus coin - he got it --- no anwer  (Read 6709 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:25:05 AM

He is not answering my txts or calls... "Mrs. Fishing. told me he was in line at the bank an hour ago..."

Lets see?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:40:30 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 03:00:06 PM by jakedeez

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?formattedLabel=9471203699300001418881

He told me he got it... and his "wife" told he me was inline at the bank to deposit into my account 1.5 hours ago... I think I just got scammed.  
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:47:21 AM

My buyer is saying the coin looks tampered with. Will update as soon as I see it in person.

wont answer my txt or calls...
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:49:06 AM

Also, I didn't say anything about a "wife going to the bank" come on dude.

why wont u answer my txt or calls dude?
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:56:29 AM

he txt'd me and asked me to say i made a hasty judgmeent... which I may have.. and honestly, been talkign to fishiing for a few days so I really hope I am... will post 1,000+ happiness to Andy if I'm wrong which I think/hope I am.
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:37:06 AM

i don't know gonefishing, but yea it seemed pretty haste to me. 90 minutes isn't long enough to call somebody a scammer.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:46:06 AM

i don't know gonefishing, but yea it seemed pretty haste to me. 90 minutes isn't long enough to call somebody a scammer.

I hope to look like quite the fool
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:58:25 PM

I hope to look like quite the fool

*watching*

This is very interesting to me. Gonefishing510 worked out a deal with me for a very large amount of bitcoin and kept changing the deal on me for over two weeks in an attempt to get me to send payment first or at least half.

It will be interesting to see if my guy was right on him.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:02:53 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 03:55:54 PM by jakedeez

I posted another thread... I am really afraid I am getting screwed over here.  I for sure flew off the handle last night and started making accusations to quickly - I also made threats I shouldn't have, and for that I am sorry... but I am really afraid I got screwed here.  I mean, he told me he would deposit money, someone txt'd me from his phone saying that he was inline at the bank... I mistook taht for his wife, but looking back the person did call himself "Mr. Fish" not "Mrs" so my mistake.

Anyway, last night he told me he was going to send me bitcoins but I haven't got them.  I really hope I am wrong here, I hope to be quite an fool and have to apologize profusely, which I will do without hesitation... but I am afraid I got taken.

MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

Sounds like you have been scammed; this thread really belongs in the scam accusations forum.  Why the hell would you ship first?
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:43:13 PM

Sounds like you have been scammed; this thread really belongs in the scam accusations forum.  Why the hell would you ship first?

Because I am so incredibly stupid.  - Yeah, I posted an new thread there.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

I did a deal with him that went fine, but he sent first so I had no risk.  Good luck OP, hope it works out.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:52:58 PM

I did a deal with him that went fine, but he sent first so I had no risk.  Good luck OP, hope it works out.

I did a deal with him where he sent first went smooth. Then he tried selling me 63B worth of coins and wanted me to pay upfront then half up front etc. he tried for two weeks to get me to pay first. Didn't feel right.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:56:42 PM

Maybe everyone should send Andy a call or text and encourage him to pay up?
+1 (510) 598-5058
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:06:07 PM

In light of recent events I am posting my experience with Gonefishing510
First let me say I have never posted a scam accusation and I take these very seriously.
The user Gonefishing510 should be traded with using extreme caution.

Originally I purchased 10 2011 series two singles from Gonefishing510. He sent first and I paid. Tha transaction was very easy. During the sale he asked me to purchase 20 of my 2013 half coins. I said not a problem and agreed to ship them and he would owe me a little bitcoin for the difference. He did not want to do that he wanted paid for his first. Understandable. I paid.
2013 Halves- We arranged a deal. He asked me several times if I would ship first this time. We went back and forth about how he did not have enough of a history for me to send first but since he sent to me first last time I would be willing to give him a chance to earn my trust and allow him to make a partial payment and upon receiving the coins he could pay the balance. He declined. He kept going on about equal trust.
Over the last few weeks he continued to try and get me to send the coins first and I kept telling him I would if he paid half up front. Then he began trying to sell me more of his coins. Specifically two 25B coins, one 2011 single with error, and 3 silver singles with gold B. I agreed to buy all of them and he was supposed to send photos and shipping info. That never happened. He went on "vacation" and over the course of a week and a half made repeated efforts for me to pay for the coins up front, pay half, and again asked me to send him the half coins he wanted to buy from me first. I gave him several options including using chainsaw as escrow (he previously stated he knew him personally and trusted him), sending a coin at a time, him flying out to me and I even agreed to pay for half of the flight. All of which he agreed to at some point except the escrow option. I continued to ask for photos and finally he said he was home yesterday and would send them. Still no photos. In light of the projects scam he said he would only send me the silver gold B singles and error coin if I sent him a copy of my photo ID and I pay half of the overnight shipping. So I agreed and sent him a pic of my ID. Then he kept asking me "So if I send this overnight and give you a tracking number you will pay half in the morning and the other half when they arrive?" I said if you send via fedex overnight like we just agreed the coins will be here tomorrow and I will pay you all of it tomorrow morning when they arrive.
He called me and I couldn't hear him so he text me and said he was not going  to ship he would wait and fly to me what day works. I said any day just get the coins out here. Fly, ship whatever. I received no reply complete silence. So I asked him if he was trying to scam me because he kept asking for me to ship my coins first unpaid for, wanted me to pay all to half up front for his coins, and he couldn't produce any pics. He then proceeded to call me a joke. asked "you mad bro" etc. I reacted and returned the name calling (not my proudest moment) and he replied with "You're all a bunch of greedy cunts"

jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

Well - I've txt'd and called him a number of times today with no answer at all. 
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 07:59:58 PM

Well - I've txt'd and called him a number of times today with no answer at all. 

I did as well. He hasn't answered or responded. Looks like you've been had man.
Chainsaw

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

x

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:19:07 PM

My experiences with gonefishing510 have been similar to nightowlace's.
I have not been scammed from him.
However, in trying to work out terms, he subtlely changed terms such that I would have lost out, had I not double checked history.
We finally came to a deal which involved him flying out to me.  I cleared my schedule for the weekend, and he cancelled.
I asked that we speak on the phone, which he was unwilling to do.

Once again, no concrete scams, but a lot of things that set off alarm bells.  Seeing at least two others voice concern, I felt I should share mine as well.

This crap is lose-lose. If he's an honest guy, then I just alienated someone I've helped out in the casascius market for the last few months (informationally speaking). If he's a scammer, well, then that's just more sign that trying to trade here is just too risky.

All this scam crap has me sick.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

My buyer is saying the coin looks tampered with. Will update as soon as I see it in person.

That would be on you then since you were the last one to handle the coin.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:29:11 PM

That would be on you then since you were the last one to handle the coin.

I never took the coin out of the airtite it was in when Mike shipped it to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: