Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: gonefishing510 - I sent him a casasicus coin - he got it --- no anwer  (Read 6709 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

Did anyone notice Lucky7slick deleted all his posts in this thread? Haha. Idiot.

Guess it's good I took a few screen shots. Smiley
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:38:38 PM

https://www.facebook.com/kimbeeyannoe Sent her a message explaining what "Andy" has done and that she is about to be named as an accessory to his scam. Asked if she could help us out to avoid including her in the charges.

Her facebook page has been taken down.  I'm now thinking that Andy may just be Kim...
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:22:47 PM

https://www.facebook.com/kimbeeyannoe Sent her a message explaining what "Andy" has done and that she is about to be named as an accessory to his scam. Asked if she could help us out to avoid including her in the charges.

Her facebook page has been taken down.  I'm now thinking that Andy may just be Kim...

It's back online
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:35:21 PM

It's back online

Yesterday I was feeling like this guy was going to get away with this theft... however the confirmation that he was using two id's to boost his own trust profile, and that I have a signature confirmation from K Guyen or whatever her name is... this guy really isn't as smart or careful as he would like to think.  It might take a month or two, but I no longer thing we need to hire private security. 

One of my fraternity brothers is in the FBI cyber crimes division... this guy has made intent to defraud to easy to prove.  I'm pretty sure we've got him.

nmat - we should file a lawsuit in NYC - he won't show up to defend himself so we will get a summary judgement against him.  At that point we can forward the case file to the police and magistrate in CA and we'll have him.  We won't necessarily be able to collect what he owes us, even then, but, if he doesn't pay up we will be able to get entries put onto his credit report which will make him unemployable and unable to get a mortgage, car loan, or credit cards. 

His using multiple addresses to give himself a higher trust profile rating and then his attempt to use the alt ID to throw us off the trail by inventing this Jimmi Cohen character are really damning evidence. 

I feel much more confident then I did 24 hours ago. 
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:55:19 PM

After a reverse phone look up we now know that "Andy" is actually a 22 year old girl who graduated Newark Memorial High in 2010.  Her name is Kim Nguyen...

Her life is going to get so much worse in the coming month.  There will be a trial in NYC where, I am sure she won't show up, and we will get a summary judgment.  At that point I will be able to get a supeona issued and delivered to her, and then, assuming she doesn't show up, an bench warrant.

I honestly had given up hope until I realized we could prove not only intent to defraud, but that she is/was using multiple fake names.  This girl is in SOOO much trouble.  I kind of feel bad, I wish she had done this when she was still underage so that once she reached majority should could have a fresh start...  As of now she's going to end up on lock up live on MSNBC!  Can't wait to see the episode.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:26:15 PM

Hey Andy - ever been the defendant in a lawsuit?  Ever spend time avoiding being handed a subpoena? 

Hopefully you weren't lying about your real name and address, because if you were... boy this is going to get a log more complicated for you... but for now, I'll just show you this.  It's how I am starting the process of suing you in the state of new york.  If you don't show up of course we'll just win a summary judgment against you - that will really complicate you life. 

But for now, here is a little present for you to look at:

Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:46:02 PM

Anyone have a friend in a mortgage firm or a telemarketing firm? We should put the phone number into the auto dialer and hit dial once every minute.
sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:59:35 PM

Just posting to say good luck bringing the scammer to justice. Ideally the victims will be able to recover some or all of their losses, but even if that doesn't happen you'd be doing the bitcoin community a service by showing scammers that they can and will be taken to court for their transgressions.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:02:21 PM

Anyone have a friend in a mortgage firm or a telemarketing firm? We should put the phone number into the auto dialer and hit dial once every minute.

I'm pretty sure I can make this guy's life a nightmare without doing something like that.  The fact is he acted with clear intent to defraud.  I have photographs of the coin from right before I sent them to him... so I can prove it wasn't tampered with.  

Additionally, he stole 35 btc worth from someone else, and, to top it all off, and this really is the clincher, he tried to use different forum identities to both bolster his own feedback, and to attempt to assign blame to other people.  It now goes from simple breech of contract to intent to defraud, grand theft, and probably something about using different identities...  Plus I'm pretty sure he is involving his daughter, so this will end up messing her life up to.  

Sad.  

Andy - you can still get out of this.  Send me my money and nmat his coins and we will back off and let this go.

In the meantime, watch out for all delivery people, or people near you... one of them is going to hand you an envelope... once that's done, there's no more outs for you.
Cummins59

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:31:53 AM

What ever happened to the good old days where a mans word was his word, and a baseball bat was your best friend?

I think this crap will be the downfall of BTC. ZERO accountability,penalties and too much anonymity. Initially thought to be great, but it makes it near impossible to earn, store, use and convert BTC without taking it up the rear.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:09:27 AM

What ever happened to the good old days where a mans word was his word, and a baseball bat was your best friend?

I think this crap will be the downfall of BTC. ZERO accountability,penalties and too much anonymity. Initially thought to be great, but it makes it near impossible to earn, store, use and convert BTC without taking it up the rear.
Well, they started putting people in jail for the baseball bat bit... so....
bitkoin000

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:59:04 AM

Nice work tracking down the scammer, hope you can salvage at least some of what she/he/it stole.
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

Thread is getting interesting
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:12:13 PM

I am thinking about getting a private eye to confirm the name, address, and situation with Andy and Kim.  Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 05:41:18 PM

Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.

^^^----THIS FTW
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:44:02 PM

Also I want to find out who Andy works for so I can call people in his office and let them know who they are dealing with.

^^^----THIS FTW

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418927

If anyone is interested.

Andy - I know you're reading this.  I am serious, I am going to cause you a serious headache for what you have done.  But you can still get out of this.  Send me my money and pay nmat or return his coins and we can just let this go.  I don't want to have to get involved with your life, but I will because someone needs to make an example out of people who take advantage of others... but again I will drop it if you make it right.
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:14:08 PM

Smiley This thread is definitely interesting. If it works out well, this MIGHT deter future scammers, hopefully. *Watches*

P.S. - I don't mind going over to "Andy's" home if someone pays for first class tickets to CA. Cheesy Hell, I'll even toss in a recorded video of the conversation with my GoPro.
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:56:57 AM

Her facebook page has been taken down.  I'm now thinking that Andy may just be Kim...

It's back online
Sorry for double posting... but, is this bitch her?!?!
http://politicalblindspot.com/lapd-assault/
Looks a lot like the chick on the right in facebook!
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:48:11 AM

Well, we haven't officially hired the private eye yet... but at this point, baring nmat not agreeing to a very reasonable cost, I think we are already getting tons of good information.   BTW - if anyone needs an investigator in the San Jose area, I think I can recommend one now.

There should be some fireworks in this thread in the next few days or weeks. Smiley
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:39:08 PM

So is it a women or a man, i am confused here

If its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened,and take it from there that might lead to an address.

The scammer could be using her identity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her,this normally tends to be the case.

interesting story

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: