Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transhumanism: Good, Bad or Natural Evolution?  (Read 769 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:11:54 AM

Part 1
http://youtu.be/mwh4ShZA5Tg

Part 2
http://youtu.be/pBTCYD2Wax0
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:23:25 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 03:36:24 PM by tvbcof

With respect to perpetual consciousness in the cloud, I'd not really want to upload into a sim maintained by a group who may be hard pressed to keep a DNS record lint script working.

Even if the thing could work, and to the extent that it seems that it someday may, it seems to me a wonderful way to make big money extorting the remaining family members in-perpetuity.

It also seems like a good way to try people for crimes in bio-times and apply punitive measures long after the fact.  Likely this is what it would be mostly good for, especially as the prevailing notions of 'naughty and nice' are subject to capricious shifts and the human capacity for cruelty knows few bounds.

As it so often the case, technology has startling analogs to outside phenomenon (e.g., viruses.)  In this case it would be a stunning analog to the Christian notion of eternal damnation.

Whether these analogs are attributable to our mining down to 'fundamental units', or simply a reflection of a failure in creativity is an interesting question.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:07:37 PM

With respect to perpetual consciousness in the cloud, I'd not really want to upload into a sim maintained by a group who may be hard pressed to keep a DNS record lint script working.

Even if the thing could work, and to the extent that it seems that it someday may, it seems to me a wonderful way to make big money extorting the remaining family members in-perpetuity.

It also seems like a good way to try people for crimes in bio-times and apply punitive measures long after the fact.  Likely this is what it would be mostly good for, especially as the prevailing notions of 'naughty and nice' are subject to capricious shifts and the human capacity for cruelty knows few bounds.

As it so often the case, technology has startling analogs to outside phenomenon (e.g., viruses.)  In this case it would be a stunning analog to the Christian notion of eternal damnation.

Whether these analogs are attributable to our mining down to 'fundamental units', or simply a reflection of a failure in creativity is an interesting question.

How the hell did you necro this thread that is more then 2 and half year old?
Are you an alt of willikon?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:18:41 PM

How the hell did you necro this thread that is more then 2 and half year old?
Are you an alt of willikon?

There's a primitive search function you may notice, and the site appears to be indexed occasionally.  It's not really rocket science.

Trans-humanism is one of the mysticism themes which is on the march these days.  Probably in part due to efforts to move humanity into globalized Technocracy.  I had been mulling some aspects of it and felt like communicating them.  Rather than start a new post, I did a search.  That's about all there is to it.  I do wonder what happened to wilikon, and find it interesting that his consciousness live on to a degree in this little wisp of cloud.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:52:23 PM

In dubio pro reo i guess.
It was just surprising someone would look for a nearly 3 year old thread to discuss something.

Btw. I had the feeling that the  h+ movement already peaked in 2014/15 and that lately you dont hear much from them anymore.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:18:34 PM

In dubio pro reo i guess.
It was just surprising someone would look for a nearly 3 year old thread to discuss something.

Btw. I had the feeling that the  h+ movement already peaked in 2014/15 and that lately you dont hear much from them anymore.

I would say "That's what bothers me.", but I do.  To some extent it might be a matter of finding what one is looking for I suppose.

zenitzz

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:22:18 PM

Whether that is good or bad is only for debate. Without doubt, we are more evolving towards a world spent behind screens and  i do believe there are some positives to this but there are more negatives.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:17:44 PM

We won't know whether it's good or bad for generations, but it is evolution and it's inevitable. Is it natural? Anything an animal does is thought of as natural. We happen to be animals too.
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:15:31 PM

Quite actual theme

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=transhumanism+exposed&sp=EgIIBA%253D%253D

Evolution? LOL. Evolution is a myth, a poor fairy tale for grown ups. Flat earth truth literally obliterates dogma or indoctrination of the "theory" of evolution

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1368

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:31:45 PM

Manufacturing by people. Not natural evolution.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:59:42 PM

Yeah, Father GOD Creator of ALL things, not "mother nature".

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1368

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:09:02 PM

Yeah, Father GOD Creator of ALL things, not "mother nature".

Look for Saint Paul's little line, "The Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother." And, I am not picking on you. I am simply giving you some ammunition to use against Satan's lies to you, and against any atheists and New Agers you encounter.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:26:21 AM

Interesting videos I watched them both. Creator of the video is worried about transhumanism which is reasonable and probably why he added the disturbing imagery pictures of hell, video of a man cutting up a monkey brain, the images of the poor cat and monkey who got their brains operated on while they were alive etc.

Essentially the videos lay out the reasons homo sapiens are in danger of extinction caused by our own achievements. Overall it is a solid presentation. It makes a strong case that our fate whatever its outcome is entirely beyond our abilities to alter. Further progress is inevitable. Our very essence will relentlessly push us farther down our current path.

The best quote comes at the end of the second video.

Quote from: Michael Grosso
We may be on the threshold of acquiring godlike capacities... we may reach towards a kind of omniscience we may reach towards a kind of omnipotence... but technology is never going to be able to transform us into divinely loving merciful or compassionate beings. That part the moral dimension... remains a problem remains a choice and in that sense (transhumanism) does not change human history

Transhumanism as described would radically change everything we know, and yet on a fundamental level it would change nothing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: