Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:12:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Coinstar to trade change for Bitcoin  (Read 1923 times)
antinatree (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:28:47 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 04:20:45 AM by antinatree

I am petitioning Coinstar to try to convince them to exchange change to bitcoin

Please join this campaign: http://chn.ge/1czM8SY

This is a petition to appeal to Coinstar to create a system of Coinstar machines similar to current machines located at retail stores that would accept USD and other national currencies change in exchange for Bitcoins. This would make Bitcoin easily accessible to just about everyone. Recycling USD change into Bitcoins is a way of investing change that would be sitting around the house. This would also help in the adoption rate for Bitcoin in becoming a major currency and help establish trust having a company like Coinstar backing such a movement. With the help of Coinstar we can bring the accessibility of Bitcoin to nearly every town in the United States and other countries such as Canada, Ireland, and the United kingdom.

A couple benefits for Coinstar is it will open up a whole new market to cash change too. As a lot of people know history tends to reward early adopters especially if Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrencies are the future.  This will also not only make current users happy but will make there machines much more valuable in everyday places by creating a market in an untapped field.

Coinstar could even partner with coinbase or bitpay and only have to deal with software (mostly UI) side and let someone else deal with the bitcoins for a modest fee.

Just like investing in bitcoin it's high risk but low barrier to entry. Even if bitcoins lose you get experience in the crypto-currency market, necessary experience as we enter the new century, with nearly no risk exposure.

The up side could be astronomical on the other hand, especially with first mover advantage.

Either way a win-win scenario, with a minimal (and eventually necessary anyway) capital investment.
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:12:52 AM

i just join the campaign because i want to make Bitcoin more easily accessible everywhere.

antinatree (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:49:30 AM

I'm glad you did
cointastical

Activity: 22
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:35:20 PM

Sorry to necrothread, but whatever.

Success!

Coinstar machines will start selling Bitcoin at the grocery store
- https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/17/bitcoin-coinstar-coinme

Lesson here, eventually nearly all financial services will be impacted by Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: