Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coingen Altcoin Help Wanted  (Read 941 times)
Voluntero (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:10:35 AM

I just created an altcoin on coingen and would like some help with setting it up.

question 1. Can I start mining with the qt client?

question 2. Do I need to do something to create a genesis block or has that already been done at Coingen.io?

question 3. Was Coingen really founded to flood the world with crappy altcoins to destroy altcoins and leave bitcoin standing alone? Because that is hilarious!

loquitus_of_borg

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:36:25 AM

I have the same question.

I ran my executable but it keeps trying to connect to all these nodes out on the network so I am assuming these are litecoin nodes? What do I do to kickoff my new currency?
jerry7

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:46:54 AM

I have the same questions. Anyone who can give detailed instructions here on this forum/question from the point where we have the files from coingen to actually mining the altcoin from our computer will receive 10,000 LottoCoin from me (its the only coin I have so I'm willing to give it away for some help).

Please instruct on setting up the nodes and solo mining the altcoin as well. I will shower you with many LottoCoin!
creditcoin_CRD

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:44:59 PM

I just created an altcoin on coingen and would like some help with setting it up.

question 1. Can I start mining with the qt client?

question 2. Do I need to do something to create a genesis block or has that already been done at Coingen.io?

question 3. Was Coingen really founded to flood the world with crappy altcoins to destroy altcoins and leave bitcoin standing alone? Because that is hilarious!

1) no, you cant simply start mining, since it is a peer to peer network, you need peers to make it work.

2) the genesis block is already hashed, and the software is ready to work when you get the download link.

3) no, the existence of coins is not what will devalue other coins. it is a matter of what the coins can be used for.

Anybody that is having trouble getting their coin running after having it generated look me up. I will show you how it works and get it up and running for you. If you are willing to learn it will be very educational for you. Even if your coin never becomes worth a cent, you will gain a firm understanding on how crypto works, and that knowledge will be worth what you spent buying the coin.

Smiley   

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:07:48 AM

creditcoin,

Where do we look you up?  Can you elaborate on what next steps we should take so we can learn the process?
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:23:25 AM

You just "created" a coin and you don't know the answers to this? gz
coinmakerbot

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 11:08:05 AM

Hi everyone. I have launched www.coinmakerbot.com to address some of the key issues around coingen and the creation of ALT currencies. Please visit and subscribe to the email form. I don't have an answer to your original question but I will be following this post to contribute where I can.

creditcoin_CRD

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:58:08 PM

look me up either via PM, or visit cryptolauncher.com (my email is at the bottom of the page)

i am in the process of helping others launch their coins, but I will reply and help on a first come, first serve basis.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: