Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2600kh scrypt mining rig  (Read 3464 times)
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:37:28 AM

Nice rigs wish I had the cash.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:03:47 PM

What price is this going for as I'm not sure if the hosting charge is separate or not from the price of the rig?Thanks as I thought maybe you should clarify this to potential buyers. Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:25:32 PM

would you be willing to do the case no motherboard etc just cases?

The aluminum frames? Yeah I could sell just the frames,  I don't have enough material on hand to make an extra frame right now, I only keep enough material on hand for what I have gpus for, but I could have 20-30 ready by the end of next week.  I could sell just frames with the studs for the motherboad and screws for around $90, shipping to usa included.

Could you make the frames rack mountable?

Measurements etc for mounting brackets and holes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19-inch_rack

Caiapfas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:38:01 PM

I'm getting 2.1 mh/s from three r9 cards and I put it all in a server case. no custom building case. anyone else doing this?
i enquire pictures of this

My rig gets 2.1 - 2.5 mh/s with three r9 cards. I have one removed right now until a riser comes so I can extend it out some to help with heat passing from one card to the next.
- Liquid Cooled processor
- 16 gb ram
- 8 core processor
- 3 r9 cards
- 6 fans
- 1000 watt, smart psu
- 1 gigabit network connection
- dvd / cd burner / player
- top of case has LED lights that you can change colors and blink style
I'd be willing to sell for BTC if the offer was right, we could use escrow from trusted forum member - I paid 3k for all the parts

If you liked my post or found anything I said useful send some coffee change to
BTC = 3LxtsmCjRDPD6oYYwz31dwFJW9ktUy1Yuz
repairguy (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

Possible learning moment for me and free bump to the OP:  What does it matter if the GPUs are mix-matched?  Should just be a matter of performance?  Or.. was the question just to clarify on the specifics of the product advertised?

1. It doesn't look pretty.
2. Different cards have different quality and grade of parts/chips/etc. Mixing them and running at the same speed can give mixed/strange/full moon type results in rare cases.
3. Why would you do that.
4. Cooling is difficult to regulate with different cards.

Each manufacturers card and model will run at a different set of clock/mem/thread/etc with different stability and heat results.  Tuning and re-tuning these rigs would take three times as long.   

Most importantly #3.

Don't care about #1, #2 rare cases, #3 he's a repair guy, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these cards are refurb/used which wouldn't bother me but should probably be specified, #4 cooling is always a concern and there are many ways to manage.

for the OP, thx for the service you provide.  you said the $90 for just the case/frame is the cost shipped in the USA?  Does that include Alaska?  If so... damn, wish I would have waited before I embarked on my PVC project.  But I'll def keep you in mind perhaps for future projects.  Mind me asking where you get your aluminum and interconnects? 

The cards are new or manufacturer refurbished.

I can and have repaired graphics cards, but there is no source for broken ones.  People overclock them until they puke and they cant be fixed.  Normal problems are repairable like when the card just quits working for no reason, but when they overclock the gpu and overheats and ruins the gpu processor they are done for.  There are too many dishonest people that ruin it for everyone falsely advertising the card they know they ruined as "just stopped working".

The aluminum tubing I purchase from the welding shop down town.  He doesn't stock it but if I need some he will order it for me and it comes on the delivery truck every other week.

The plastic corner fittings I purchase from a sign shop.  I guess they use that kind of stuff for portable signs.

repairguy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

What price is this going for as I'm not sure if the hosting charge is separate or not from the price of the rig?Thanks as I thought maybe you should clarify this to potential buyers. Smiley

The rig is $2600.  When you buy it, I can ship it to you or host it for you for $160 per month.
repairguy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:38:35 PM

cost of shipping to Texas? Are these all new parts? cards etc?

UPS ground is included in the price. 

The cards are new or mfg refurbished.
The motherboards are new or mfg refurbished
The main power supplies are new.
The server power supplies are used.
The CPU's are new.
The Ram is new.
The Hard Drives are all Mfg refurbished.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: