Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A good ICO is also a Scam.  (Read 470 times)
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:07:38 AM

I always analyze the project and compare it with the amount of money that they want to collect. For example, an ordinary application for smartphones. I cannot understand why for an application they need to collect millions. I think that in this case, it is logical that the price will drop very much.
It's another matter if it's a platform or equipment or some kind of production. Here, a large amount of investment is justified. The project has much to develop and build up its potential. Of course there are exceptions. But I adhere to such criteria.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ICO Reign

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 08:18:12 AM

An example: BTCx is a scam
chenhaonan

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:23:11 AM

My current view is the same as you. I also think that the current ICO is not the best way to invest! Today's ICO is not only fraudulent, even if it is successful, but its token price decline rate is high!

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

It is not a scam as you say as there are many things that factors the prices of ICOs after the token sale. For instance there is the stagnant movement of its token in the exchanges because of supply and demand or its project advancment is slow or investors are not really interested about it. There are also pump and dump groups along with whales that destroys the prices of the ICOs after token sale.
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:33:57 AM

You can not call the project a Scam just because it fell in price on the exit to the crypto-exchange. The team can sincerely believe in the project and work hard, but the market did not appreciate their product very much. It happens.
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:41:25 AM

Then you should invest in something worthwhile.
Because most ICO projects are shit and have no value.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:53:38 AM

All ICOs are different, TBAR actually is a scam and their investors lost everything. Bitconnect was kind of a scam, but people knew it was a ponzi scheme so late investors are going to lose. Some are good project that take time to develop, in the long term most are very profitable which is why people still invest
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:13:34 AM

That's simply a situational, over the devs are the individual who testament alleviate the pathway to calculate the trading of your ICO coin.
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:19:53 AM

I began to notice that there are ICO projects that are quite good, but even they are a kind of Scam. I'll explain why I think so. First, people invest in this project at the most favorable (low) prices by buying tokens of this project, at least we are always convinced of this. But when it comes to the exit of the token to the Exchange - the price drops sharply and falls even below the original cost for one token. In some cases, it may fall 10 to 15 times. For example, the recent ICO project KickCity. The price of their token should be equal to 0.10$. Now the price for ONE KCY token is approximately$ 0.005, that is, the price fell when entering the exchange 15 times and this is not the only case. Investing in ICO ceases to be a profitable business.
What do you think about it?
I am sorry to said this to some extent this is not truth.  As a cryptocurrencies enthusiast I have been following events on some coin and one thing that I have find out is that many bounties hunters did not always allowed the developers to develop they projects and follow the read map before go to a decentralized exchange like etherdelta and idex to dump them.  If you want to know the value of a coins you will need to wait until there are develop and list at big exchange. 
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:43:15 AM

I began to notice that there are ICO projects that are quite good, but even they are a kind of Scam. I'll explain why I think so. First, people invest in this project at the most favorable (low) prices by buying tokens of this project, at least we are always convinced of this. But when it comes to the exit of the token to the Exchange - the price drops sharply and falls even below the original cost for one token. In some cases, it may fall 10 to 15 times. For example, the recent ICO project KickCity. The price of their token should be equal to 0.10$. Now the price for ONE KCY token is approximately$ 0.005, that is, the price fell when entering the exchange 15 times and this is not the only case. Investing in ICO ceases to be a profitable business.
What do you think about it?
I am sorry but I will not agree on this. It does not mean that when the price of the token goes down it is already a scam. It is just dependent on the market's demand and some other factors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: