Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying problem with windows 8.1  (Read 1254 times)
Mischu1989 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:46:48 PM

Hey guys!

I have a little annoying problem with my mining rig and maybe you are able to help me. I´m running 3x asus r9 280x on win 8.1 and everything is okay, but sometimes windows freezes and i`m not able to do anything via Teamviewer or remotedesktop. Sometimes it happens after 5-6 days and sometimes after some hours of running. I'm not even able to ping the rig, so the only way is a manual restart. The other point is that this freeze is not a bluescreen, because i turned on the option, that windows restarts at bluescreens.

First i had the idea to run everything on a vmware, but vmware and virtualbox do their own virtual graphical memory, so this won't be a solution.

Maybe someone has an idea how to handle this problem, because often i'm not in home, not even in my city and it would help me just to have the option to restart the rig.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mischu1989 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:04:17 AM

no one an idea?
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Moar fans.
Make sure all power-saving options are completely disabled.
powercfg -h off in an elevated command prompt.

If you don't want to fix problems with the box:
http://www.belkin.com/us/F7C027-Belkin/p/P-F7C027/
Norpps

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:02:48 AM

Hey guys!

I have a little annoying problem with my mining rig and maybe you are able to help me. I´m running 3x asus r9 280x on win 8.1 and everything is okay, but sometimes windows freezes and i`m not able to do anything via Teamviewer or remotedesktop. Sometimes it happens after 5-6 days and sometimes after some hours of running. I'm not even able to ping the rig, so the only way is a manual restart. The other point is that this freeze is not a bluescreen, because i turned on the option, that windows restarts at bluescreens.

First i had the idea to run everything on a vmware, but vmware and virtualbox do their own virtual graphical memory, so this won't be a solution.

Maybe someone has an idea how to handle this problem, because often i'm not in home, not even in my city and it would help me just to have the option to restart the rig.

Are your Asus R9 280x cards overclocked?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: