Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of new features I'd like to see on this forum  (Read 525 times)
Eli (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:14:10 PM

I see a lot of people posting messages like "+1" or "Like" just to support whoever posted whatever they posted.
And this makes sense in our day and age with all the social web, and it obviously works so well that we use "+1" and "Like" everywhere we can.

The other thing is bitcoin "donations" that almost everyone on this forum has in his/hers signatures, and I think that they should be going the way of the dodo, because they are easily traceable and just plain ugly, making everybody here look like beggars (yea, check my signature at the bottom...).

My suggestions for two new features are:

1. A "+1" or "Like" or what-ever-you'll-name-it button that will allow users to click it and a small counter will grow on the post or comment, allowing people to show like/support for the post without leaving uninteresting comments like "+1" - Simple and easy

2. A "Tip" button to allow users to "tip" a certain post or comment with actual bitcoins directly from anyone (no need to be registered on the forum) to the address that the user that is being tipped set beforehand in his profile.
Almost every user on this forum has a "donation" address in his/hers signature, and it looks silly that it's so easily implementable to actually make donations, sorry Tips, so easy and straightforward.

Regarding implementation of a Tip button,
I think it would be useful if the forum software runs a small bitcoin client that all it does is creates addresses every time someone posts/comments, meaning that every new post on the forum has a unique bitcoin address, so whenever someone sends a "Tip" the forum software can pick it up, and write it down on the post. saying something like "1.18 bitcoins tipped".
After a Tip is sent, the forum software will send it to the predefined address set by the user of that post, or will do some hocus-pocus routing for the bitcoins to avoid direct tracing. For example, to reduce transaction fees, Bitcoins will be actually sent to the users once every 24 hours, in one transaction order.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: