Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could a Civil War-Era Law Bring Down BTC?  (Read 1760 times)
MEpatriot (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:36:42 PM

Have you guys seen this:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/stampact/
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:55:26 PM

Yes a dictatoriship could make bitcoin illegal, that's not new and that's not so important. Maybe they can make a law wich say that every bitcoin user must be killed!

Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:58:34 PM

No....just....no

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

USA != world

Sure it will affect the value, but it won't even begin to bring it down as a system.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
MEpatriot (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

Yes a dictatoriship could make bitcoin illegal, that's not new and that's not so important. Maybe they can make a law wich say that every bitcoin user must be killed!

I don't doubt the PTB would go just that far, too, to try to preserve their grip on the world's finances and their "federal" "reserve" ponzi scam.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:34:33 PM

i can't write a check for under $1  Huh

Pretty sure I got a check from At&t for $0.12 once, or maybe it was a credit card company?

I know for a fact that shipping the check to me cost more than the face value of the check.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:36:28 PM

USA != world

Sure it will affect the value, but it won't even begin to bring it down as a system.

I think it could go in that direction where US regulations get so tight that average Americans start to complain that they are operating at an international disadvantage, while the US continues to alienate states that dont comply with it's concept of financial jurisprudence.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
bluemeanie1

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:39:14 PM

i can't write a check for under $1  Huh

Pretty sure I got a check from At&t for $0.12 once, or maybe it was a credit card company?

I know for a fact that shipping the check to me cost more than the face value of the check.

for sure it's total hypocrisy. They want to maintain their monopoly on our money.

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?
MEpatriot (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:54:30 PM

It really should be an American's patriotic duty to support Bitcoin!  (...and then we find out it was the banksters behind the scenes pulling the strings on BTC too.)

Oh well, at least our hearts were in the right place.
Kungfucheez

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:25:19 PM

It really should be an American's patriotic duty to support Bitcoin!  (...and then we find out it was the banksters behind the scenes pulling the strings on BTC too.)

You trying to tell me what to do? I'll support whatever I damn well feel like
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:44:02 PM

You trying to tell me what to do? I'll support whatever I damn well feel like

And we will kick you out for doing that Smiley

Know what the fuck you are talking about, punk. 'Ah do wut ah lyke' lol what a bitch.
MEpatriot (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:12:30 PM

Isn't it funny when somebody wants to make something about them, when all they are is an anonymous poster on a message board I never even heard of before?
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 09:45:44 PM

Durring hyperinflation people in those countries go against the law and buy foreign currency it's illegal but everyone does it if they don't the next they 50% of the money is gone! I don't think they can stop crypto money unless they stop the internet.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Kungfucheez

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:55:38 PM

Isn't it funny when somebody wants to make something about them, when all they are is an anonymous poster on a message board I never even heard of before?

I know right? What is this sorcery?   
BTC-TK

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:57:19 PM

Even a dictatorship wouldn't be capable of making Bitcoin illegal, it's virtually impossible. It could potentially make acquiring the blockchain very difficult at worst...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
GroinCoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

it wouldn't be the first time that going along with the banks was considered patriotic.
ixne

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:02:11 PM

So bitcoin is legal as long as you don't make any transaction less than $1. Silly law, silly solution.

It's also illegal to wear a funny mustache in church in Alabama.  Who cares.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:47:05 AM

Making bitcoin illegal in a country is not the same as stopping people using it.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:52:35 AM

They should start enforcing the Constitution first, like most American raised in the public schools I'm not sure where it says it...  Huh

But I know our current fiat currency is illegal and prohibited by said document.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:22:22 AM

From letstalkbitcoin.com/contest:

The Present Case – Pilot #6 for LTB Contest – send .1 mBTC (0.0001BTC) to 1ABbhPAKbHnCKPzRthrr5YNeATdj3HeA3Y

Very insightful and worth listening to. Real legal case history that's easy to understand...its a very well researched podcast and he covers this issue and more in depth!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: