Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin to mine?  (Read 1243 times)
keshuker

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

aka. dibdab

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:07:03 PM

Newbie here but been mining 700k Dogecoin @ 2700Khs already but never found a block  Undecided
lensgrabber

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:52:47 PM

Are you saying you can get the Antminer to do 100kh/s on LiteCoin?

No this is running asteroid (cgminer) on two macs, both combined.  The Antminer isn't here yet.  Should be here Friday.

Still waiting on a scrypt asic that is actually affordable. 

CoinyeCoin is friggin hilarious.  That will certainly be in the news more and more as Kanye becomes more and more pissed.  haha

Critek

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:55:28 PM

Coinye and doge, and after that? there's alwayes the "main" coins.
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

Coinye was the first coin release chaos I was a part of & I gotta say it was a pure geeked out adrenaline rush! The official pool got pulled, scrambling to setup mining pools & switching all over my remote computers to configure cgminer, lolx!
Making money aside, this is a new addiction!
I would have made WAY more than the 300,000 coye I snaghed if only I'd set worker names properly NOOB FAIL!

So for the next coin release you plan on being a part of, setup as many pools as you possibly can without your brain exploding, DOUBLE CHECK everything & prepare for a lagtascular, syrupy, finger numbing explosion of 30 min to 2 hours of adrenaline (& diet coke) fueled fun! Happy mining!

For coinye last nite, coye.minersbest.com came thru for me! Mad love to those guys!

TheJon

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:17:13 PM

Coinye is the shiz,

Though that was the first coin I've mined so I don't have a system that is optimized for mining.  I ended up just using CPUMiner because i've got an Nvidia GTX 650TI and the CPUMiner was really easy to set up and run.

Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

Coinye is the shiz,

Though that was the first coin I've mined so I don't have a system that is optimized for mining.  I ended up just using CPUMiner because i've got an Nvidia GTX 650TI and the CPUMiner was really easy to set up and run.

Check out "CUDA miner", works great for nvidia cards with minimal setup, all u really have to know is how to make a .bat file to enter your settings (boy do i miss the DOS days, Intel 486DX4 100mhz FTW!)

Did you get any coinye w your CPU? I just dismissed CPU mining thinking it was a waste of time!?!

Seppelpeters

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

I suggest you start mining gridcoin. They have great future potential and a really innovative dev and community.
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:46:56 PM

Buy and dont forget to hold.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
masterbean

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:53:50 PM

I'd suggest going with some of the newer coins picked up by more stable pools. iSpace is pretty stable, and standard interface so its pretty easy to set up once you have registered, configured your workers, and added your mining address. The 'Getting Started' link on the dashboard menu gives you sample cgminer code. My tips at the moment would be for florincoin (you can add data to the blockchain), deutsche emark (its just popular, although there are going to be a lot of coins), Chococoin (I think this might gain a large following pretty soon), and unobtanium (its one of the rarest coins, no premine). http://ccc.ispace.co.uk/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: