Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to set a stop loss on btc-e?  (Read 3559 times)
Antonioz (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

Hello! I started doing some small trading on btc-e.com, however I was wondering if there is a way to set a stop loss there, because if I sell at a lower price it just sells immediately instead of waiting until the value goes to that price (it only works if I sell at a higher price), for example let's say a coin's value is 6 and I want to set an order to sell it when it goes down to 5, if I set 5 as a value in the sell box it sells it immediately, however if I set a higher value (or example 7) it  waits until the price goes up to 7 and then sells it. Hope I explained my question clearly Smiley thanks!
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
woutie70

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:56:11 PM

BTC-E does not offer such an option.

However, Qt Bitcoin Trader does. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcointrader/
You need to set up an API key for it, which you can do on your BTC-E profile.

On this trader you can set up rules, such as: if the market price of BTC goes below $500, sell all BTC at highest buy rate (and a whole lot of other options).
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

thank you! a friend was telling me about meta trader as well, in your opinion which one is better? also, if I install QT bitcoin trader can I trade only bitcoins or all the other currencies in btc-e? and can I use the same money which are in btc-e or would I have to transfer them to a separate account? thanks again
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

MetaTrader is much better.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:01:26 PM

You can also use MT4 with btce to set stop losses, though its a bit of a pain if thats all your looking for.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
eronyx

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:13:43 AM

If you are going to use MT4 take care because sometimes they can hunt your SL, e.a. specially drive price in that direction in order to close your order and then come back, there are some hidden features available to brokers which have it on MT4 manager

I think the best is to create some kind of bot using the API or that QT thing
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

thanks guys for the info, anyway I am now a little confused,  which one is the better one to use between meta trader and QT bitcoin trader? Smiley I'm not sure what you mean by "they can hunt my SL"? thanks!
eronyx

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:48:49 PM

thanks guys for the info, anyway I am now a little confused,  which one is the better one to use between meta trader and QT bitcoin trader? Smiley I'm not sure what you mean by "they can hunt my SL"? thanks!

hunting means they will move artificially either the spread or the price o it hits your stop loss and then will move back the price where it was.

I think the best for your purposes is to use QT
Antonioz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

oh really? can they do that? I guess I will do some research, yes my purpose is basically to be able to set orders to specific prices Smiley thanks for the info!
Exbtc

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:54:07 PM

I thinks you can use MT4
btcalgo

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:33:35 PM

If everything what is needed is stop loss and trailing stop loss orders than you can try simple BtcAlgo bot.

It's efficient bot designed specially for placing Stop Loss and Trailing Stop orders on btc-e market.
Give it a try: http://www.btcalgo.com/download/ !
ilyabtxtrader

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

Give BTX Trader a try. We have a PC desktop client as well as a web version that we just released.

www.btxtrader.com

More info on how our stop limit order works:

Sell Stop Limit

Objective: Sell-stop orders protect long positions by triggering a market limit order if the price falls below a certain level. These orders are not guaranteed to be filled.
Example: You place a sell stop limit order with a stop price of $350 and a limit price of $375. When the last price at the exchange reaches $350, a limit order with price $375 is sent to the exchange by the BTX trade engine.

https://www.btxtrader.com/images/sell-stop-limit.png
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: