Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm new. I need help to mine Coinye. Please help.  (Read 863 times)
HemiTruck (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:54:14 PM

As the title stated, I want to start mining. Never had done. I don't know where to start and I'm only interested in doing with the new Coinye coin since it's easy and doesn't need a super machine(graphic card to do it)!
I run a windows 7 and I have no clue where to start. Whoever helps me with all steps to be up and running will be compensated with my first three days of mining. Thank you all in advance.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:23:03 AM

I'm using Cgminer and pool.coinyechain.info for GPU/pool mining. Assuming you've already downloaded the Coinye-qt wallet:

1. Download cgminer 3.7.2 http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.7/cgminer-3.7.2-windows.zip. Extract.

2. Go to pool.coinyechain.info. Sign up for an account. Add a worker, make the and the password really easy. It doesn't matter if someone has your worker's name and password, the worst they could is mine coinye for you  Grin.  Name the worker "1", and make the password "123".

3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to your cgminer folder. Left-click in some empty space in the window (so no file is selected), then Shift+Right-click --> Open command window here. (if for some reason this doesn't work, just Start-->type "cmd"-->type cd: c:\thepath\toyour\cgminer). Start cgminer from the command line like this:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.coinyechain.info:3333 -u YourUserName.1 -p 123

Cgminer should start up and should be mining. In 5 minutes or so your hashrate should show up on pool.coinyechain.info.

Try and get that far first. Let me know if there are issues or you make it that far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: