Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Merit – Cashi's useful tips from a Newbie for Newbies  (Read 456 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

I don't get it why a Newbie with only 2 merits (which he just earned from this post) is creating a guide on how to earn merits. Certainly as qualifications are needed you don't have any, from experience here in the forum you have none and just by looking at your post you don't even have a good grammar to begin with. I have a feeling you just created this thread hoping that some member will give you merits for your post.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 05:46:59 PM

OP is fairly poorly-written, with grammar and spelling that are sub-par AND most of what's written won't help anyone earn merits at all.

Also, OP, all of this has been said many times before.
Be that as it may*, I don't think OP is part of the spam problem for which the Merit system was introduced. And since so many accounts spam the forum, that automatically makes him better than (by my estimate) 95% of the posters. Therefore I've merited his post.

~ and just by looking at your post you don't even have a good grammar to begin with.
As a non-native English speaker, I find OP's post easier to read than native speakers who use some sort of slang and abbreviations.
OP could improve by using a simple spell checker, words as "ennoying" are annoying to read. But I don't think you should be expecting perfect grammar from non-native speakers. It does make me curious how my language is rated here Cheesy

* This is me showing off by using a phrase I've never used before.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:13:36 PM

As a non-native English speaker, I find OP's post easier to read than native speakers who use some sort of slang and abbreviations.
OP could improve by using a simple spell checker, words as "ennoying" are annoying to read. But I don't think you should be expecting perfect grammar from non-native speakers. It does make me curious how my language is rated here Cheesy

Agreed. We should be quite happy to overlook minor spelling and grammar mistakes if the post is worthwhile and can be read and understood first time. If, however, it is such a word salad I have to read it 4 times and still don't know what you are trying to say, then I'm not wasting my time on it.

I was not aware you are not a native speaker - your English is excellent.
Cashi (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:57:52 PM

You want me to demonstrate and get some merit deliberately by bitcoin cheerleading?
I leave it up to you to do this.  Cheesy

I don't get it why a Newbie with only 2 merits (which he just earned from this post) is creating a guide on how to earn merits. Certainly as qualifications are needed you don't have any, from experience here in the forum you have none and just by looking at your post you don't even have a good grammar to begin with. I have a feeling you just created this thread hoping that some member will give you merits for your post.
As I've already said before, this article is maybe outdated for Legendary Members because it is an article about things I read so far and if it would be important for me - as a Newbie.

OP is fairly poorly-written, with grammar and spelling that are sub-par AND most of what's written won't help anyone earn merits at all.

Also, OP, all of this has been said many times before.
Be that as it may*, I don't think OP is part of the spam problem for which the Merit system was introduced. And since so many accounts spam the forum, that automatically makes him better than (by my estimate) 95% of the posters. Therefore I've merited his post.

~ and just by looking at your post you don't even have a good grammar to begin with.

* This is me showing off by using a phrase I've never used before.

Thank you very much for your point of view! This is one of the positive aspects, this article can achieve: give Newbies some spirit to write good posts instead of spamming. And if someone tries to write better posts this will also result in a better grammar and spelling.
At least I do not use copy and paste from Google translate.  Wink

I will give you a rating for your language of AAA (triple A)  Cheesy

Smiley Smiley
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:57:35 AM

The most appealing things in your suggestion is "try to create unique post", it is the same with my thought. There are lot of people can make good posts but they deliver it normally. So it is also good to create our unique style on how to deliver a post. Look at some example like nullius, he writes long post with some humor and sarcasm in the post. There are others who made post with infographic and statistic, which for now in my opinion, can earn a lot of merit by making it.

So my suggestion is, try to learn making a statistic and infographic, you will have a higher chance on earning merits.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:40:49 AM

Another post about merit or how to and this post is also for wants to get merit.  If you're teaching newbies you can go to or move it to me Beginners & Help. We get merit by not hoping to get merit.  Post freely because there's no limitations on characters on posting.  Make it unique and meaningful.
Wasii

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

do bitcoin cheerleading,
please kindly elucidate on this,  I'm keen in getting some I'm new here
Bitcoinsupervisor
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:14:14 PM
Merited by Cashi (1)

The person after all has written, that "from a Newbie for Newbies".
Newbie, share experiences, with beginners. This is normal. And the fact that he earned merits is generally wonderful. A person will have an incentive to write good posts and on.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: