Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth to buy a 3TH miner (10BTC)?  (Read 3737 times)
tommy87

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:46:40 PM

10 BTC for 3th/s in this moment is very expensive..
Could you please elaborate? I did some calculations and it seemed just fine
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:54:41 PM

23k for 4th will be like 5.75 per gh.
I'm sure there are better offers.

If u get it now, example it ships out today or tomorrow after you have made the payment, then yea maybe 23k seems to be a reasonable deal.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:24:05 PM

I have ~3TH on preorder. Who knows how much it'll be worth when I actually get it, but I can't wait to find out. Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
goggles1200

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:24:38 PM

When is the next half in block payout?
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

BTC and LTC is really low now, time to buy...

repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:33:51 PM

When is the next half in block payout?

3 years
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:50:06 PM

BTC and LTC is really low now, time to buy...

I agree. If you look at the mining forecast for 2014, its BRUTAL.

Great time to buy coins and let lunatics do the mining for us as BTC and LTC see huge gains.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Its even worse when people are reselling them for more than the miner cost itself, and plus, it wont make any profit.
brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:38:26 AM

Its even worse when people are reselling them for more than the miner cost itself, and plus, it wont make any profit.

You know the old saying: greed and a poor grasp of basic arithmetic makes people do strange things.
Korxax

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:30:33 PM

If that trend continues however it does add one other factor to consider as to whether it will be worth it to buy now.  Yes prices are high, but look at ebay and look at the prices of the last generation technology miners, they are also very high.  Crazy, impossible to make your money back high.  So consider, will your 3 TH miner still command that kind of price at end of its life?  If it does, you can buy it, make some money with it, then sell it to fund your next gen miner tech when it becomes available.  I'm guessing the time when you could make large sums of money mining are over, but if you lower your expectations and play the game right, you could still be able to make a reasonable return on investment.  No guarantees of course, but it seems for right now there are plenty of people out there willing to pay ridiculous prices for last gen tech.  I'm still bullish on the price of bitcoin increasing too though, so I'd pay with cash instead of bitcoin if you can and keep the bitcoin.  I haven't run all the math out though, and there are so many variables it's probably impossible anyway, you still might be better off just buying bitcoin.

Just one other variable to consider.

Korxax

1NtV1q29FtRAYAkMJHMYbASZLiLur2FQe
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:17:44 AM

If that trend continues however it does add one other factor to consider as to whether it will be worth it to buy now.  Yes prices are high, but look at ebay and look at the prices of the last generation technology miners, they are also very high.  Crazy, impossible to make your money back high.  So consider, will your 3 TH miner still command that kind of price at end of its life?  If it does, you can buy it, make some money with it, then sell it to fund your next gen miner tech when it becomes available.  I'm guessing the time when you could make large sums of money mining are over, but if you lower your expectations and play the game right, you could still be able to make a reasonable return on investment.  No guarantees of course, but it seems for right now there are plenty of people out there willing to pay ridiculous prices for last gen tech.  I'm still bullish on the price of bitcoin increasing too though, so I'd pay with cash instead of bitcoin if you can and keep the bitcoin.  I haven't run all the math out though, and there are so many variables it's probably impossible anyway, you still might be better off just buying bitcoin.

eBay prices don't mean anything unless they're selling, most of that stuff just sits up there waiting for suckers. Based on the difficulty increases we're seeing now I wouldn't bet on new tech being worth much after 1-2 years. I'd look at resale as a way to recoup losses, not as a part of the main profitability equation.

I'm mining Litecoins right now, profits are possible short term and the outlay on equipment (all of which is much more salable than ASICs) is less. The amount of money you have to sink into ASICs to make a profit right now is too much for me to commit to such a risky venture. I'm not saying the potential isn't there, but I'm too risk averse to try. For all we know The bottom could fall out of this tomorrow.
Hash72

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:36:34 PM

You know the old saying: greed and a poor grasp of basic arithmetic makes people do strange things.

Nice and correct we have to buy and wait ... when i look back feb 2011 1BTC ==1USD and now I just keep silent so be away from Greed and keep your coin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: