Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ixcoin difficulty estimate at block 20055?  (Read 2551 times)
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:05:16 AM

i think iocoin was more sour grapes that ixcoin mined 300k before starting it.  I tried to mine iocoin but could only get 2 connections to the network so I deleted the whole thing.  ixcoin has a website and a forum and some site.  As disclosure I have 1000 ixcoin, of which I brought 800 today.  But, I would like to mine if the difficulty is low enough.  That is what I am trying to figure out.

580K, not 100K.

How much of that has been kept though, and how much paid as bounties? That was the plan wasn't it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:06:36 AM

So you got hold of a bunch of ixcoins and want to make a thread to push them?  Cheesy

Ixcoin has the best icon of the three alternative currencies (the large Windows icon is really cool), therefore it has some value!

<facepalm>
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:01:30 AM

i think iocoin was more sour grapes that ixcoin mined 300k before starting it.  I tried to mine iocoin but could only get 2 connections to the network so I deleted the whole thing.  ixcoin has a website and a forum and some site.  As disclosure I have 1000 ixcoin, of which I brought 800 today.  But, I would like to mine if the difficulty is low enough.  That is what I am trying to figure out.

580K, not 100K.

How much of that has been kept though, and how much paid as bounties? That was the plan wasn't it?

About half was for "bounties."

The rest is all for the ixcoin creator author scammer.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:35:41 AM

580K, not 100K.

About half was for "bounties."

The rest is all for the ixcoin creator author scammer.

You mean Oldminer?

Tongue Just kidding, who knows.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:42:18 AM

how does one "steal" FOSS exactly? XD

As if all these people that say this, don't understand FOSS or even know what it is.

One of the biggest advantages pushed to programmers of FOSS is that, yes, someone else can use your code, but you then get their improvements and changes too if you want them. And there are many other things as well but most of them boil down to, well...

Every piece of code I write as open-source, I open-source because my goal is the good of the community.

Thomas took code that was made open-source for the good of the community, made no improvements, contributions, or meaningful changes whatsoever. He simply re-released it to try and have it be for the good of him and only him. He wasn't trying to take Satoshi's openness and be equally open: He was trying to take Satoshi's idea and modify it for his own financial benefit at the expense of others, and he contributed nothing whatsoever in return.

Then when ixcoin blew up...

Thomas of course gives multiple speeches about how his goal was to have an exact copy of Bitcoin. Except with a different block chain. And very minor reward adjustments. He throws all that right out the window when he needs code from SolidCoin. "Yeah, I want a direct fork of Bitcoin. Oh, shit. Direct fork won't make me lots of money. Time to grab code from elsewhere."

Also, for the record, yes, FOSS can indeed be stolen, as far as the legal system is concerned. Linksys/Cisco comes to mind... And then there was another one, I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but they took open-source libraries and embedded them into a commercial application which was sold for profit, and they were slapped with a restraining order commanding them to remove all of the offending code or stop distributing software.

+1 So true.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: