Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Files you want!  (Read 3497 times)
flix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:25:31 PM

Hi,
I'd like to ask forum members if there are any files: images, videos, books, music, etc.. that you want.
I'll find them for you and post them on

http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk
or
http://ubitio.us/

To start with just things which you could probably find online yourself, the price will be very low (just a few bitcents for saving you the time)... but further on I can get offline stuff or even original work.

All requests are welcome!

To start with here's Vernor Vinge's "The Peace War" an absolutely amazing book about the struggle by decentralized tinkers fighting off a worldwide tyrannical government. By Prometheus award winning author.
http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/151
for just 0.05 BTC.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:37:29 PM

And here is Bob Murphy's hard to find novella Minerva

http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/152

A gripping tale of an anarchocapitalist island attacked by the US Empire.
..for just 0.02 BTC 
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:38:07 PM

How do we know that these are not trojans?

flix (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:41:33 PM

I don't know, tell me what file format you prefer (although bitcoinservice is a bit slow for big files) or any other way I can prove to you that they are not.

Also, once you try a download I would welcome if you post feedback/requests here... always willing to improve..

Here's "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Heinlein
http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/153
If you haven't read it you know nothing about revolution!

"The Ungoverned" short novella by Vernor Vinge
http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/files/154
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 06:48:13 PM

I prefer original, copyfree works.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 07:04:00 PM

Blah, I am going to republish a copyfree novel I was working on ages ago for free.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 08:40:32 PM

Stop being cheap folks! It doesn't look like that bad idea.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 03:21:37 AM

I'll tell you a service I could use man, and that's something or someone that would be willing to circumvent scientific & academic journal paywalls (think http://portal.acm.org/ or sciencedirect) and download articles for me for a small fee.

Is this piracy? yes. fuck it, want articles.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2011, 10:25:43 AM

BTW flix,
Although your service seams cool, pretty much you could replace Megaupload and Rapidshare on the BTC community - on those you pay to the company who gets 99% of the profit (or you can download for free if you're REALLY patient) and probably will give that 1% to the uploader.

I have a few questions:

Is there a file size/extension restrictions?
What's the bandwidth capacity of the server?

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 03:23:00 AM

I think your bitcoind is down. And, you should change its password. NOW. Smiley

Code:
Warning: fopen(http://...@localhost:8332/) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/include/jsonRPCClient.php on line 132

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to connect to http://ben:ben2009@localhost:8332/' in /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/include/jsonRPCClient.php:140 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: jsonRPCClient->__call('getnewaddress', Array) #1 /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/modules/files.php(54): jsonRPCClient->getnewaddress('If7HzK5cJxnUHaF...') #2 /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/index.php(79): files_controller->run(Array) #3 /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/index.php(110): request_controller::run_module('files', Array) #4 /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/index.php(117): request_controller::start() #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/bitcoinservice.co.uk/include/jsonRPCClient.php on line 140

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 02:40:30 PM

And switching off display_errors on php under production environment wouldn't be that bad idea also.

|

|
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2011, 02:51:48 PM

It's bencoder's service.

Anonymous

March 04, 2011, 11:43:03 PM

A service like this should be setup on tahoe lafs and behind tor.

The maafia seem to think piracy is a crime worse than murder and they have the feds in their back pocket.

Think silk road but for an information market.

Then I would be requesting files like mad Smiley
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 01:15:38 AM

Seconded.

Willing to help in any way possible to make this happen.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:20:26 AM

I might know someone with a rather large fileserver and a large pipe to the internet who would be willing to fill hard drives with data and ship them to people. Slightly different service but I thought I'd get the word out for them here where everyone's congregating Wink
wb3

Activity: 112

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:22:26 AM

The maafia seem to think piracy is a crime worse than murder and they have the feds in their back pocket.

The Mafia don't think Piracy is a crime, they think that it is "Their Crime" and others are cutting into the profits. Cause they put it on DVD and sell it to the masses at great prices and undercut the MPAA.  But their is no way, the MPAA will go after that. They can and will defend themselves.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
Garrett Burgwardt

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:25:16 AM

The Mafia don't think Piracy is a crime, they think that it is "Their Crime" and others are cutting into the profits. Cause they put it on DVD and sell it to the masses at great prices and undercut the MPAA.  But their is no way, the MPAA will go after that. They can and will defend themselves.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mafiaa
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 01:28:50 AM

I might know someone with a rather large fileserver and a large pipe to the internet who would be willing to fill hard drives with data and ship them to people. Slightly different service but I thought I'd get the word out for them here where everyone's congregating Wink

I'd rather he set up a .onion site on said server, and let us fill up our own harddrives, if you follow.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Garrett Burgwardt

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:29:40 AM

I'd rather he set up a .onion site on said server, and let us fill up our own harddrives, if you follow.

.onion sites are rather slow, aren't they?
wb3

Activity: 112

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:38:43 AM

I'll tell you a service I could use man, and that's something or someone that would be willing to circumvent scientific & academic journal paywalls (think http://portal.acm.org/ or sciencedirect) and download articles for me for a small fee.

Is this piracy? yes. fuck it, want articles.

have you tried sciencenet.kit.edu  great concept plenty of material.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: