Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Argentina ready to drive the next Bitcoin price explosion - Beat China ?  (Read 5540 times)
mantaxer (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

Could Argentine beat China and explode the Bitcoin price?

It seems Argentina have a real need for Bitcoin due to the blue dollar and Peso inflation.

http://www.coinspectator.com/argentina-could-drive-the-next-bitcoin-price-explosion/
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:49:07 PM

Nice positive news, thanks. What is the biggest Argentina bitcoin exchange?

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:16:07 PM

this is exciting news.
mantaxer (OP)

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:18:49 PM

I don't think their is one, it's still super early.

https://localbitcoins.com/country/AR‎ is leading the way, as it always does first.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:19:06 PM

as argentinian already used dollars in any possible way to fight iperinflation, bitcoin won't be overlooked.
but don't underestimate kirchner, unless satoshi is argentinian she will turn bitcoin down in every possible way

Ragnarly

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

How about Venezuela? Now that's a country that needs Bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

Argentina will be the real savior that everyone wanted China to be. They should love Bitcoin and desperately need it. Argentina is suffering from capital flight and is having a difficult time seducing business to stay in the country. Capital controls are keeping its citizens from sending money out of the country where it will have greater buying power. Bitcoin is designed to fix that situation and will allow citizens to bypass the law. Just under 30% of its citizens live below the poverty line and don't have access to a bank account. 3-4% of the people live on less than US $2 per person per day. Argentina needs Bitcoin as much as Bitcoin needs Argentina. They're made for each other.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:43:42 PM

Just don't get too excited. The higher the climb the harder the fall.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:51:41 PM

I don't think so. If the argentine people ever sink their teeth into Bitcoin it will become so entrenched that a nuclear bomb couldn't remove it. I recently visited Buenos Aires and Córdoba. If you can get them to talk about it, the people will tell you that they don't care much about what the government tells them to do.  Wink

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:07:57 PM

Anything to indicate progress in adoption from when we were talking about this 6 months - a year ago?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:19:08 PM

Argentina is the perfect laboratory to test Bitcoin.

There's a great need for it from the people and if there's one government that would come down harder than China, it's Argentina.

There's nowhere near the amount of money flowing around that there is in China, but what money there is would be an awful lot keener to get away from the government's grip.

There is a possibility that if full on Bitcoin explosion happened there and the government was effectively and visibly cut out of the loop, that's going to spook a lot of legislators around the world. It may be an alarming wake up call to authorities who are still on the fence. That might be pretty wretched for regular acceptance elsewhere.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:20:35 PM

I don't think so. If the argentine people ever sink their teeth into Bitcoin it will become so entrenched that a nuclear bomb couldn't remove it. I recently visited Buenos Aires and Córdoba. If you can get them to talk about it, the people will tell you that they don't care much about what the government tells them to do.  Wink
People of the revolution Smiley Good to know there are still people who hate being governed. I'm not afraid of them being forced out of BTC but rather of the rest of the world pumping the price in hope and facing a mediocre interest in Argentina, that would eventually bring the price back down.

dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

this is exciting news.

Whats exciting news is Hashfast screwed their customers and your to blame for pumping them.
Thanks from the bitcoin community!

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

this is exciting news.

Whats exciting news is Hashfast screwed their customers and your to blame for pumping them.
Thanks from the bitcoin community!

Why on earth would a company get some trader to talk up their product? And second, who the fuck would let that influence them? This is like people getting mad at Goat for the PPT.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:26:24 PM

Argentina is the perfect laboratory to test Bitcoin.

This reminded me perfect shock, please don't!

Argentians already have a dollar black market, it could change to bitcoin now that it's not so easy
http://www.businessinsider.com/argentina-us-dollar-black-market-scheme-2013-11

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:29:18 PM

I don't think so. If the argentine people ever sink their teeth into Bitcoin it will become so entrenched that a nuclear bomb couldn't remove it. I recently visited Buenos Aires and Córdoba. If you can get them to talk about it, the people will tell you that they don't care much about what the government tells them to do.  Wink
People of the revolution Smiley Good to know there are still people who hate being governed. I'm not afraid of them being forced out of BTC but rather of the rest of the world pumping the price in hope and facing a mediocre interest in Argentina, that would eventually bring the price back down.

I hear you. I don't think there's enough money in the hands of the people in Argentina that would need Bitcoin to move the market much in either direction. World perception might hipe it some but really the wealthy are not going to bypass capital controls for fear of reprisals and losing their wealth. What's good for us would be a loyal user base supporting the network that would be difficult to remove.

windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

Anything to indicate progress in adoption from when we were talking about this 6 months - a year ago?

Actually yes. I have seen some very good reports from the recent Argentine Bitcoin conference. The consensus is they are desperate for this technology and will literally sacrifice their lives for it.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:45:45 PM

[...]
but don't underestimate kirchner, unless satoshi is argentinian she will turn bitcoin down in every possible way

I don't think so, Bitcoin is different from any other "real world" currency (where countries/banks have forex reserves)... if people buy btcs with Pesos in Localbitcoin, for example, no "real world" money is going outside of the country so that doesn't affect at all the value/price of the Peso.

Anyway, even if more people start buying Bitcoins in Argentina, don't expect anything like China! Argentina has a really small population, and a huge portion of it is poor..

[...]
Argentians already have a dollar black market, it could change to bitcoin now that it's not so easy
http://www.businessinsider.com/argentina-us-dollar-black-market-scheme-2013-11

False, in Argentina buying dollars in the black market is as easy as buying bitcoins with localbitcoin.

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:48:21 PM

It would probably do more good for Argentina than it would for bitcoin.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Satyre_Noir

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:51:56 PM

Argatinians are aware of bitcoin and they buy it when they can, nothing new imo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: