Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advantages to making an existing business Bitcoin friendly?  (Read 579 times)
galex33 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:20:01 PM

Hello! I am new to these forums and I'm so glad I joined them! I don't really need to go anywhere else with all of the information these forums provide.

Anyway, I was reading through some topics and sub topics earlier and saw a really interesting post that was made by a senior member. It was basically about the fact that generating bitcoins through mining was and is becoming more difficult as the popularity increases. He said there is money to be made by "occupying bitcoin space" and focusing on businesses you're already familiar with. I read a little more and I believe it's basically about making your current business (or new business) bitcoin friendly. I was just wondering what the advantages of doing this is? If anyone could share some information or perhaps provide some resources on this topic, I'd really appreciate it. It's something I would enjoy reading up on. It's intriguing to me because I operate a few businesses. I'm always researching new niches within those industries and ways to generate more income.

Thanks in advance
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:00:59 PM

For an existing business it's quite easy to include Bitcoin as a payment option. I think it's always good for a business to have as many payment options as possible. It's good for the business because possible more income, and because of "the early days" maybe your business is the first one to accept Bitcoin which could attract customers from competitors.
It's good for the customer, because of (arguable) advantages of Bitcoin compared to other payment options.
It's good for the Bitcoin community, the higher the market penetration the higher the popularity.

In the end it's not necessary to mine, design software, or create new feature to participate in the Bitcoin revolution. Just apply it into your business or everyday live to make it a success. Wide acceptance is the only way to make it viable.

galex33 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:16:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on where to start looking in terms of making Bitcoin a payment option for either of my businesses? What platforms can one use to pay with Bitcoin? Currently I have credit cash, check, credit card, and paypal as acceptable payment options. Thanks
snottyrocket

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:19:56 PM

Thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on where to start looking in terms of making Bitcoin a payment option for either of my businesses? What platforms can one use to pay with Bitcoin? Currently I have credit cash, check, credit card, and paypal as acceptable payment options. Thanks

If you want to accept bitcoin as a payment, you only need to have a wallet available with a receiving address.  You can get wallets for your PC/Mac, and there are also android wallets available, as well.  See: http://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

You can make your receiving address into a QR code, so anyone with a smartphone wallet can snap your address and send you a payment. 
lotuskt

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

I've run a niche e-commerce website for a several years and we implemented Bitpay as an option.  It definitely brought in a heap of new customers.  I feel that one of the big things is that people always like trying new stuff online, so, the merging of various sub-cultures and communities with BTC is only inevitable.
247crypto

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:49:19 PM

maybe your business is the first one to accept Bitcoin

Why You are close to only bitcoin?
Are restrictions to accept all coins listed on Crypsy?

BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:43:41 PM

maybe your business is the first one to accept Bitcoin

Why You are close to only bitcoin?
Are restrictions to accept all coins listed on Crypsy?
Not sure what you're trying to ask there. Huh

nerobie

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:44:24 AM

I believe it's basically about making your current business
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: