Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's with all the haters?  (Read 2479 times)
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:32:48 PM

I never thought that anyone should be the 'face' of bitcoin to start with, but the media needs someone to be the point man.  BW stepped up to do that task.  He should not continue, regardless of the truth or fiction among these accusations.  Still, I'm questioning the vitrol of many of the posters in these threads.  Some facts exist.  Some of them quite damaging, taken alone.  I take such things with a grain of salt.  I'm not here to defend BW.  Honestly, I don't care about his reputation.  I do care about this forum, and think that most of this is way out of bounds, but I havn't yet done anything to prevent it.  Members have a right to say what they want, to a point, even if what they have to say is false or generally asshat-ish in nature.  But there is an aweful lot of blaming going on here lately.  Sometimes we get scammed.  Take your lumps and move on.  Don't trust BW or any anonymous wallet service again.  But none of us are going to get compensated by BW, whether that is the proper course or not.  And nor is it ours to decide if it is the proper course.  If you have evidence that BW is actually responsible, please present that to a detective at the fraud devision of the NYPD.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sure we all believe in turning over a new leaf. Bruce deserves that chance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:41:29 PM

For what its worth the evidence against Bruce Wagner is pretty compelling, and unless you're going to say court records have been falsified by an internet humour site somehow then it would appear he's been involved in some pretty bad shit.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:05:33 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sure we all believe in turning over a new leaf. Bruce deserves that chance.

The first step in him turning over a new leaf would be compensating the victims he was ordered by the courts to compensate.

Until that has been done and all of the cases are closed/disposed and restitution was made in full, any claim that he has turned over a new leaf is pretty much meaningless.

Remember, we're talking about someone who claimed to have lost well over 25,000 coins to MyBitcoin. If that is false, he hasn't turned over a new leaf, he's telling major lies to his audience. If that is true, he hasn't turned over a new leaf, he's hiding from a court-ordered judgment against him. You can't on the one hand say "I feel so bad for what happened to those people" and the other hand say "But you know what, fuck it, I want to keep my more than a quarter of a million dollars and to hell with them and the judge."

And before anyone points out that Bruce "lost" that money and thus can't use it to pay back the victims I'll point out that it's the fact he hoarded it in the first place, instead of paying them back, that proves he isn't sorry.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:33:39 AM

The first step in him turning over a new leaf would be compensating the victims he was ordered by the courts to compensate.

Until that has been done and all of the cases are closed/disposed and restitution was made in full, any claim that he has turned over a new leaf is pretty much meaningless.

Remember, we're talking about someone who claimed to have lost well over 25,000 coins to MyBitcoin. If that is false, he hasn't turned over a new leaf, he's telling major lies to his audience. If that is true, he hasn't turned over a new leaf, he's hiding from a court-ordered judgment against him. You can't on the one hand say "I feel so bad for what happened to those people" and the other hand say "But you know what, fuck it, I want to keep my more than a quarter of a million dollars and to hell with them and the judge."

And before anyone points out that Bruce "lost" that money and thus can't use it to pay back the victims I'll point out that it's the fact he hoarded it in the first place, instead of paying them back, that proves he isn't sorry.
+1
I've been relatively supportive of Bruce and the bitcoin show until the past few days. The homophobic attacks were stupid and irrelevant - but this issue is important.
If he really had a conscience he'd at least have paid  a decent chunk of it back.
It's obvious from his defensive posting that he hasn't, and that he finds ways to excuse his behaviour.
He was organised enough to get new business and collect the money - just not quite organised enough to provide the service?? You can't paint that any other way than dishonest.
Combined with his lack of sympathy for rape victims - he's exhibiting the characteristics of a sociopath.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:17:37 AM

To those tossing around the perjorative, I ask;

What do you think the word "homophobic" actually means?

To resist immorality and inappropriate behaviour? To be disgusted by people who are lewd in public?

The word describes someone with an irrational fear of homosexuals.

Who is being irrational here? Who here is actually afraid of homosexuals?

The haters causing dissent are the stupid homosexuals who support each other no matter what. The haters are the ones calling names, pulling dirty tricks and rationalising criminal behaviour.

We live in a civilization with an expectation of certain moral values. To lie, steal, pimp children (who are really adults) and to con desperate homeowners out of their last money is NOT acceptable. To define yourself in public by your chosen use of your private parts is NOT acceptable.

Lewd and criminal behaviour is still not acceptable when the perpetrator is handicapped by birth defect, maimed in accident, poison damaged of endocrine system or any other misfortune.

Being homosexual does not excuse anyone to abuse people by stealing from them, failing to pay what is owed to them or carnally exploiting them because they are poor.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:21:23 AM

To resist immorality and inappropriate behaviour? To be disgusted by people who are lewd in public?

The haters causing dissent are the stupid homosexuals who support each other no matter what. The haters are the ones calling names, pulling dirty tricks and rationalising criminal behaviour.

We live in a civilization with an expectation of certain moral values. To lie, steal, pimp children (who are really adults) and to con desperate homeowners out of their last money is NOT acceptable. To define yourself in public by your chosen use of your private parts is NOT acceptable.

Lewd and criminal behaviour is still not acceptable when the perpetrator is handicapped by birth defect, maimed in accident, poison damaged of endocrine system or any other misfortune.

Being homosexual does not excuse anyone to abuse people by stealing from them, failing to pay what is owed to them or carnally exploiting them because they are poor.

Dude give it a rest already.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:53:14 AM

Seriously. When every single person on both sides of the argument finds your posts offensive and hateful and tries to distance themselves from you, it's time to pack it in.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 11:56:29 AM

Does anyone even know who this guy is talking to/what exactly he is talking about?  Most of what he says looks like someone took a mishmash of retarded posts on the internet and ran them through a bigot filter.  

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:03:21 PM

Most of what he says looks like someone took a mishmash of retarded posts on the internet and ran them through a bigot filter.  

Wait, that would make him an Internet Hate Machine...
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:09:41 PM

"Oh no, someone enjoys access to mainstream sexually ambiguous prostitutes in another country with a different culture!!! STONE HIM TO DEATH!!!!"
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:52:56 PM

... and let me guess you're one of those douchebags who think that no one's really an atheist because a means no/without and theism means belief and it's impossible to not believe anything?

(before you ask, yes I've seriously heard it explained that way, completely disregarding the actual entymology of that word)

No homophobic doesn't mean an irrational fear of homosexuals. Homophobic is using words like "faggot" in a hateful manner. Homophobic is arriving at the conclusion that someone's a kiddie-fiddler simply by virtue that they're gay - even it turns out the accusations against Bruce are true, you can't sit back with smug satisfaction because you're not the one who provided proof. Eventually correct or not, your accusations were the pinnacle of hatred.

Who the fuck is saying that? Are you even paying attention or are you just screaming "deviant" all day? No one's excusing anything, jesus christ.

^_^
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:01:39 PM

... and let me guess you're one of those douchebags who think that no one's really an atheist because a means no/without and theism means belief and it's impossible to not believe anything?

When you think about it, homophobic is probably a good word for the type of people who rant about a gay agenda and think gay people are trying to recruit their kids into the gay lifestyle. If that's not being terrified by an irrational fear, I don't know what is.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:12:07 PM

When you think about it, homophobic is probably a good word for the type of people who rant about a gay agenda and think gay people are trying to recruit their kids into the gay lifestyle. If that's not being terrified by an irrational fear, I don't know what is.

Maybe so, but it's certainly not the only/strict meaning of the word.

... and when you have someone saying "I'm not homophobic... I just hate gays, I ain't skurred of them!" my eyes tend to glaze over and I step back so I don't get stupid all over me.

^_^
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:12:44 PM

The "homophobes" are the people who won't stand up to this shit in public.

They tell me this by private communication in a deluge of message I don't have time to completely answer.

I can see their point though. An organised group of immoral haters is something to be feared.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: