Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: re: Bitcoin National Television Commercial Contest  (Read 559 times)
valerian253 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

Hi. Since I can't respond directly to the post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=394263.msg4322478), I'll put my response here:

As someone who works in the television industry and is typing this from Hollywood, CA, I certainly can appreciate the power of moving pictures to enlighten as well as entertain.  Your efforts should be applauded.  But…

There is a vast difference between making a YouTube video and making a high-definition national television commercial.  Gear costs money.  Talent costs money.  Music costs money.  Locations cost money…

Your post says: "We are NOT seeking funding from the community for this. Most of us in our local club are more so well off with bitcoin and although in Fiat it might seem like a large purchase, for most of us who mined these bitcoin years ago, it is a small investment in a long term strategy."

Yet, you plan to spend none of that on creating a network-quality t.v. spot…

You wrote: "Please refrain from asking for bounty, or payment, if you win, your ad will be on national television on someone elses' dime. that is prize enough."

I have shows that I've either produced or edited on national television all the time.  And, although I really enjoy what I do, believers in the free market demand I receive whatever worth my talents allow.  I agree!

So, if you are wondering why you are not getting any responses to your contest, then I will offer that it doesn't look like you truly understand what you are asking for.
energeez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:53:20 AM

hi
i like entertainment and your talents entertain me
nerobie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:46:17 AM