Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I seriously wanna get rid of my damn GoxUSD NOW  (Read 1904 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:59:45 PM

So, I checked my email inbox for some verification email. But instead I found that they just had sent me a denial of verification.
Did they give you an actual reason?  If not I would ask them what specifically you need to send in order to be verified.

I do not know why you are having such a hard time getting verified.

I did it a while back.  They asked for some specific documents (DL, Passport, power bill, etc.), I sent the docs, they verified my account.  Did not seem like a big deal.  Why are you having such a hard time?  Are you trying to do something fishy?  If you are following their instructions to the letter and sending exactly what they want then I expect they would verify you just like they verify many many other people every day, or, at least give you the reason they won't.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

Did they give you an actual reason?  If not I would ask them what specifically you need to send in order to be verified.

Yes, they did. They do not accept my proof of residence which is a monthly bank account statement. By now, I obviously know that Mt.Gox does not accept that for whatever reason. I had no problem at all verifying several other accounts like bitstamp and many more. The problem is that I simply do not have any of those documents they accept. I have no mobile phone contract (I use prepaid), I have no health insurance (I prefer paying in cash) and I do not have a utility bill in my name (I am living in a shared flat). So now, they want me to show some paper issued by the local Citizens Registration Office, but I am NOT registered and I simply do not want to be for legal and political reasons.

Well, I admit that all of this sounds kinda weird, but before you tell me now that this is my own bad then, I want you to understand that I obviously could get a mobile phone contract any time. But I simply do not want, nor need one. And by now, it is about the principle. I mean it's just fucking ridiculous to not accept a bank statement as proof while accepting a fucking mobile phone bill. Is there any goddamn reason why they wouldn't do that? By the way, I could fake any of those documents EASILY, since I am a professional web designer and know how to work Photoshop. But as I said. It's about the principle.

Moreover, does any of this justify to trap someone into depositing BTC, although they clearly state that this wouldn't be possible without verification? I don't think so. And why do they all of the sudden need 20 days to check 2 documents? I mean NOBODY is registering at Gox these days, because their reputation is already soooo fucking bad. So, to me that looks more like they don't give a shit about verifying customers anymore, since they are about to close down and run.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

Thanks for the background.  Now I have not used GOX in a very long time (because they suck) but it used to be that you could transfer out a small amount of BTC every day or week even if your account was not verified.

You should check if there is any amount of BTC (even if small) you can transfer out of your unverified account.

Let's say you can transfer $100 per day worth of BTC - you could eventually get it out, it would just take you a while.

Another thing:  have you tried to tell them you just want to close your account and get your USD or BTC back and see if they have a method for closing an unverified account?

BTW I use bitfinex.com, best exchange I have found and you can remain unverified if you only transfer BTC in and out.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:00:12 PM

Did they give you an actual reason?  If not I would ask them what specifically you need to send in order to be verified.

Yes, they did. They do not accept my proof of residence which is a monthly bank account statement. By now, I obviously know that Mt.Gox does not accept that for whatever reason. I had no problem at all verifying several other accounts like bitstamp and many more. The problem is that I simply do not have any of those documents they accept. I have no mobile phone contract (I use prepaid), I have no health insurance (I prefer paying in cash) and I do not have a utility bill in my name (I am living in a shared flat). So now, they want me to show some paper issued by the local Citizens Registration Office, but I am NOT registered and I simply do not want to be for legal and political reasons.

Well, I admit that all of this sounds kinda weird, but before you tell me now that this is my own bad then, I want you to understand that I obviously could get a mobile phone contract any time. But I simply do not want, nor need one. And by now, it is about the principle. I mean it's just fucking ridiculous to not accept a bank statement as proof while accepting a fucking mobile phone bill. Is there any goddamn reason why they wouldn't do that? By the way, I could fake any of those documents EASILY, since I am a professional web designer and know how to work Photoshop. But as I said. It's about the principle.

Moreover, does any of this justify to trap someone into depositing BTC, although they clearly state that this wouldn't be possible without verification? I don't think so. And why do they all of the sudden need 20 days to check 2 documents? I mean NOBODY is registering at Gox these days, because their reputation is already soooo fucking bad. So, to me that looks more like they don't give a shit about verifying customers anymore, since they are about to close down and run.
I don't think they are about to close down and run, it's more that you're a bit of a special case.  99% of people have a mobile phone contract or health insurance or a utility bill.

And while I agree with you that it is silly they won't take a bank statement, there's probably good reason for that (maybe some banks would let you put whatever address you want on your account without having to verify it).

All of that said, I do NOT think it is appropriate for them to hold your funds that you deposited instead of return them to you.  It is certainly one of the reasons I have avoided using MtGox for a long time.
CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

I don't think they are about to close down and run, it's more that you're a bit of a special case.  99% of people have a mobile phone contract or health insurance or a utility bill.

And while I agree with you that it is silly they won't take a bank statement, there's probably good reason for that (maybe some banks would let you put whatever address you want on your account without having to verify it).

All of that said, I do NOT think it is appropriate for them to hold your funds that you deposited instead of return them to you.  It is certainly one of the reasons I have avoided using MtGox for a long time.

I wondered where you went SgtSpike. Hangin out in the newbie jail I see.

On topic: I really never understood why everyone has such bad luck with Gox. I got verified back when Gox first started the process back in 2011 and have never had a problem since. Oh sure, they sometimes take a while sending funds or handling an error but have always worked it out eventually. The longest wait time for a support ticket I ever had was 30 days and that was right after their move from France to Japan.
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:29:01 PM

Thanks for the background.  Now I have not used GOX in a very long time (because they suck) but it used to be that you could transfer out a small amount of BTC every day or week even if your account was not verified.

Thanks. Worth a try I guess. Just waiting for the next drop to buy some coins.

Another thing:  have you tried to tell them you just want to close your account and get your USD or BTC back and see if they have a method for closing an unverified account?

No, I did not. But I am also pretty much done with their support. They do not reply to any messages anyways. I waited at least 3 weeks for a response to my last support ticket. Another big indicator for a run imo.

cheers
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:46:29 PM

I wondered where you went SgtSpike. Hangin out in the newbie jail I see.

On topic: I really never understood why everyone has such bad luck with Gox. I got verified back when Gox first started the process back in 2011 and have never had a problem since. Oh sure, they sometimes take a while sending funds or handling an error but have always worked it out eventually. The longest wait time for a support ticket I ever had was 30 days and that was right after their move from France to Japan.
Lol, yep, you got me.  I just like to browse "unread posts" every once in a while and see what interesting threads come up.
BillyBobF

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:17:45 AM

BTCalexxx2.0, something very similar happened to me as well however, I didn't have the nightmare that you seem to be having. I sent a copy of my drivers license and a copy of my car insurance bill which had my address on it and they accepted it and I was verified within 2 days.

They will not allow you to transfer coin anywhere, including other members, so you need to continue to try to get verified, because I think that is your only option. Good luck!
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:07:56 AM

...., I want you to understand that I obviously could get a mobile phone contract any time. But I simply do not want, nor need one. And by now, it is about the principle.

I really hope you get your coins out, I would try the small amount every day and see if you can get anything out.  I can't believe they will no longer allow people to transfer out BTC, but I guess they just followed bitstamp's lead.

As to your point above, I fully agree with you.  But for 8000 USD, it might be worth it to get a mobile contract and then just cancel it after you liberate your coins.

Not saying they are right, because what they did sucked and they appear to have not followed their own rules by allowing you to deposit without being verified, but they have your coins so you've got to bend to their will if you want them back.

Good Luck!
bithabit

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:06:09 AM

I'll also have a special place in my heart for the start that Gox gave me.
CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:03:07 AM

I do think its bad form that MagicalTux stopped posting here. He should still run a service thread here.
The Crypto Pontif

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:22:24 AM

I've been surfing the web all night trying to find a solution. Mt Gox is a scam. Why are they still in exists CS and not shut down. I have been waiting 3 weeks to have my account "verified" but thought that would only effect withdrawing USD. Stupidly, I transferred 2 BTC into MG which arrived instantly. When I tried to transfer back to my Coinbase account the "Sorry, we need to verify your account" bullshit appeared. Recently it changed from saying it would take 10 days to 20 days. Fucking Scam and the world needs to know.
The Crypto Pontif

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:30:11 AM

The whole deal with Mt Gox hijacking everyone's money and now shamefully their Bitcoin is disgusting and goes against the fundamental philosophy behind the Bitcoin concept which is to be able to quickly move something of value without having to deal with the slow beaureaucracy of banks and other regulated bodies. I get it somewhat on the USD issue but Mt Gox has no business suspending my BTC in cyber-purgatory. I thought I was transferring it into a wallet of sorts - something that I had control over. Royally effed off.
The Crypto Pontif

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:41:09 AM

Also...to transfer BTC from Mt Gox, they charge 0.001 BTC.
nerobie

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:10:21 AM

sure it would be great and very much appreciated if a Mod could move this thread to the marketplace right now !
c0iner

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:45:38 AM

+1 for Bitfinex, it took me 2 months just to get my account verified at Gox.  After countless emails with their semi-efficient help desk team, I was finally able to be fully verified.  Decided to take all of my coins out due to withdrawal difficulties. 
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:30:33 PM

When I tried to transfer back to my Coinbase account the "Sorry, we need to verify your account" bullshit appeared. Recently it changed from saying it would take 10 days to 20 days. Fucking Scam and the world needs to know.

Are you serious? So, it is even worse than how I thought. Bye bye money/coins...

Here is what I wrote those crooks a couple of days ago.

----------------------

Dear Mt. Gox Team,

by now, I seriously think that you are just waiting for the whole market to collapse and then run with all the BTC and all the cash that you are blocking. So, this is the last time that I sincerely please you to verify my account! I have sent you all the documents. I even told you to call me on my parent's landline. I used the same documents to verify several other accounts. Therefore, I cannot see any reason for you not accepting the very same paperwork.

Well, in case you are still refusing to verify my account within the next 5 business days, I gonna assume that you are about to scam your customers. And I gonna make this very public. I am the founder/director of a professional web design and online marketing agency. And I have all the tools to damage your reputation PERIOD.

I hope that we can come to a quick and peaceful solution.

Thanks and kind regards

----------------------

Let's see what is about to happen. But it really doesn't look good. By the way, BTCChina seems to be dead and already kinda disappeared (not confirmed, but not listed on bitcoinwisdom anymore). If they do not answer in time, I will hire a lawyer to fix this. Are there even more people having this problem. Are you with me?

Good Luck

Cheers
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:38:02 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:55:25 PM by BTCalexxx2.0

The whole deal with Mt Gox hijacking everyone's money and now shamefully their Bitcoin is disgusting and goes against the fundamental philosophy behind the Bitcoin concept which is to be able to quickly move something of value without having to deal with the slow beaureaucracy of banks and other regulated bodies. I get it somewhat on the USD issue but Mt Gox has no business suspending my BTC in cyber-purgatory. I thought I was transferring it into a wallet of sorts - something that I had control over. Royally effed off.

PUSH! 100% D'accord! I couldn't have said it better.

By the way, THANK YOU guys for all the support!
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:44:30 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 07:13:13 PM by BTCalexxx2.0

BESIDES, do they even have a known business address?  Grin

edit: Found some.

Sarugaokacho 26-1, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I wouldn't be surprised though if it was only a postbox you'll find there.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

There is one problem with you plan.  There is no way you can damage their reputation - they do not have one to be damaged.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: