I just bought His Radeon 6950 Icq Turbo 1GB
- it is very quiet and cold
- i dig 342Mhash/s - mem 1250, gpu 840, no voltage tweak, 75 celsius degrees, fan speed 49% all the time (guiminer -v -w 128 -f 0)
- i am very happy.
It is not for mining only, i use it for gaming too.
i have some questions.
1) why i get only 290Mhash/s in btcguild pool ? is it pool issue or it is normal ? (602 shares/2.9%stales)
2) is it worth to overclock more, change voltage ? fan at 49% is quiet.
3) if i overclock by 10% power consumption is more than 10% ? i think yes.
4) what application is best for overclock/fan speed, temps ? riva tuner or sh else ?
5) is it worth to underclock cpu when i leave/night ? i have c2d 6750 2660@3600 - it works like that by 20 months...
6) is it better to use linux miner or maybe just Oracle VitrualBox with linux ?
my card: http://www.hisdigital.com/us/product2-609.shtml