Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 09:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is -daemon redundant when using -server? Primecoin  (Read 362 times)
tarchy (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

I've been trialing 20x 3.8XL EC2 instances running Primecoin HP-11 for a total of 4.93 chains per day for around 8 hours now, and no block... Sad

SO I did some research and I can't find a definitive answer...I followed the HP Linux Compilation Guide perfectly (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259022.0) so I am starting my server with the command "./run-primecoind" which executes the following:

Code:
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:$PATH"
killall --older-than 10s -q run-primecoind primecoind
function background_loop
        while :; do
                primecoind >/dev/null 2>&1
                sleep 1
        done
background_loop &' > run-primecoind
chmod +x run-primecoind

And my .CONF being:

Code:
server=1
gen=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=primecoinrpc
rpcpassword=SOME_SECURE_PASSWORD
sievesize=1000000

SO....this is where i'm confused. I can obviously send RPC commands to the daemon however I can not request a -printtoscreen unless I execute primecoin as "primecoind -daemon -printtoscreen"  - and the printtoscreen stats are pretty much what tell me that I am mining.

Furthermore, there are 3 orphaned transactions when I type "listtransactions" but yeah like I said, no freshies... so.. do I need to run -daemon to be mining properly? Should I use "primecoind -daemon -printtoscreen" or is ./run-primecoind doing the same thing?

Apologies for the structure of this thread, I am verrry tired :|
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: