Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin ?  (Read 917 times)
Tjarvis (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:48:01 PM

What are some of your thoughts on Noblecoin? I've mined for 6ish hours and have gotten 800 Noble. I don't know if that's a good amount with an average of 250-300Khash/s, considering the coin was premined for a lot more, and the creator seems to be giving away like 50k at a time.

Do you guys think it's worth it? I'm a newbie looking toward non-newbies to talk me out of it / reassure me.
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:58:55 PM

I saw your question and thought to reply, I am somebody who is following the Noblecoin since the first week.

You talk about the giveaway as if they were just "given" to people out of nothing, that is not correct. Only people who helped with the translations, setting up pools, helping IRC and etc have been given "large" giveaways. However this is all very transparant with this coin, you can find ALL in the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Besides this many of the other lately released coins, have been doing "giveaways" to people who vote on Cryptsy, Facebook etc to get people involved. The Noblecoin has not been doing this as much as other coins.

So in short, the premine was "larger" than you might like but currently the giveaway to people has been very limited (see link public ledger) and transparant information! Many coins could learn something from this, not simply helping friends/buying publicity but honering it's name NOBLE!

Besides this the coin Noble coin seperates itself from other coins by using the "Premine" for charities,read more about this at http://www.noblemovement.com/movement/  

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:14:59 AM

I saw your question and thought to reply, I am somebody who is following the Noblecoin since the first week.

You talk about the giveaway as if they were just "given" to people out of nothing, that is not correct. Only people who helped with the translations, setting up pools, helping IRC and etc have been given "large" giveaways. However this is all very transparant with this coin, you can find ALL in the public ledger: http://www.noblemovement.com/public-ledger/

Besides this many of the other lately released coins, have been doing "giveaways" to people who vote on Cryptsy, Facebook etc to get people involved. The Noblecoin has not been doing this as much as other coins.

So in short, the premine was "larger" than you might like but currently the giveaway to people has been very limited (see link public ledger) and transparant information! Many coins could learn something from this, not simply helping friends/buying publicity but honering it's name NOBLE!

Besides this the coin Noble coin seperates itself from other coins by using the "Premine" for charities,read more about this at http://www.noblemovement.com/movement/  

Valid points. I urge all to get out and check out his coin before it is too late.
travel-trousers

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 08:05:54 PM

Noble seem pretty above board, they have a good attitude/transparency...
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:20:54 PM

You can bet at Noblecoins, it has a big future.
YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 10:11:38 PM

we were given 100k coins at the start, we gave them out to 100 miners in a block promotion, this is a solid coin with a solid future.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:56:03 PM

I got NobleCoin. I think Devteam did/does its best to make it work. Its hard in a world full of altcoins.
ZBBBB

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:52:07 PM

I got NobleCoin. I think Devteam did/does its best to make it work. Its hard in a world full of altcoins.
I can say that there isn't a team that works harder than this one. The thing most people don't realize is what goes on behind the scenes. I'm willing to bet there has been 1,000+ emails sent to merchants, charities, and exchanges and pushing for whatever/wherever we can. Sooner or later people will realize the true potential.
gstarcev

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:54:48 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 03:47:00 PM by gstarcev

I like NobleCoin. One of the most powerful things about cryptocurrencies seems to be effortlessness with which multitudes of people can move value around the planet and NobleCoin is leveraging that by design by focusing some percentage of that value to automatically transfer to charities and similar stuff which is totally cool. One thing I would like to see, perhaps with NobleCoin, is to enable or plug-in some kind of more streamlined public voice system, one of those SaaS tools that some modern enterprises use to receive ideas and suggestions from public, which would enable crowds to provide ideas and vote (read: prioritize) on them - ideas on which charities and causes to support. Later, the same system can perhaps be used to suggest and vote on some meta ideas related to NobleCoin in general.

One suggestion I have which might be totally counterintuitive is to proportionally lower the amount of coins given to all charities, that is - lower the raw number of coins distributed to all charities in equal proportion, in order to prevent price from inflating too much in relation to Bitcoin in order to control the price of currency and have it as stable and linearly growing as possible. Of course the value of donated amounts, even if number of donated coins is lower, would be the same if their price is higher. Throughout years, Devcoin has alternated around the value of 100 Satoshis and that (among other reasons) probably prevents people from investing in it more agressively and raising its value significantly even though it's an old and somewhat established coin. And ultimately we want the market cap and value of NOBL to be as high as possible, to have the greatest possible leverage in helping those charities Smiley

EDIT: In the long term my vision is naturally as follows: the NobleCoin can be used as a short and medium-term platform to obtain all the attainable experience about what works and what doesn't work in altruistic/charitable system/company/organization/entity and use that experience to encode all that wisdom as some future DAC/DAO on top of whatever DAP/P2P grid/Etherium-like platform will be standardly used at that point in the future..
ZBBBB

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:11:24 PM

I like NobleCoin. One of the most powerful things about cryptocurrencies seems be effortlessness with which multitudes of people can move value around the planet and NobleCoin is leveraging that by design by focusing some percentage of that value to automatically transfer to charities and similar stuff which is totally cool. One thing I would like to see, perhaps with NobleCoin, is to enable or plug-in some kind of more streamlined public voice system, one of those SaaS tools that some modern enterprises use to receive ideas and suggestions from public, which would enable crowds to provide ideas and vote (read: prioritize) on them - ideas on which charities and causes to support. Later, the same system can perhaps be used to suggest and vote on some meta ideas related to NobleCoin in general.

One suggestion I have which might be totally counterintuitive is to proportionally lower the amount of coins given to all charities, that is - lower the raw number of coins distributed to all charities in equal proportion, in order to prevent price from inflating too much in relation to Bitcoin in order to control the price of currency and have it as stable and linearly growing as possible. Of course the value of donated amounts, even if number of donated coins is lower, would be the same if their price is higher. Throughout years, Devcoin has alternated around the value of 100 Satoshis and that (among other reasons) probably prevents people from investing in it more agressively and raising it's value significantly even though it's an old and somewhat established coin. And ultimately we want the market cap and value of NOBL to be as high as possible, to have the greatest possible leverage in helping those charities Smiley

EDIT: In the long term my vision is naturally as follows: the NobleCoin can be used as a short and medium-term platform to obtain all the attainable experience about what works and what doesn't work in altruistic/charitable system/company/organization/entity and use that experience to encode all that wisdom as some future DAC/DAO on top of whatever DAP/P2P grid/Etherium-like platform will be standardly used at that point in the future..

Great post and great points. I think that Rofo has a very strategic plan to give to charity. I know he is very conscious about the flood of coins on the market and the fact that charities and just dump and flood the market. That being said, I think the charities we have currently all we considered due to their understanding of crypto and knowing the true end all. Honestly I think they are holding as much as we are as they know their $100 donation they received today will be worth $1,000 a year from now and HuhHuh 5 years from now.
miKnutty

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:03:52 AM

You can bet at Noblecoins, it has a big future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: