Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 05:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool setup help  (Read 556 times)
abyssmu (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:25:00 AM

I have been trying to get into bitcoin pool mining for a couple of days now. I recently bought a couple of the ASIC usb miners and am waiting for them to come in. Until then, I would like to get started in some sort of pool to get sort of established.

I decided to try out BTC Guild. Got everything setup worker wise, but when I try to setup cgminer or bfgminer they both require some outside device to be connected.

Is there a way I can setup the newer versions to only use my gpu/cpu until I get my usb miners in?

I also tried using guiminer. I got that all setup and it said it was mining, and my computer was slowing down which indicated it was indeed mining. But when I connected to the BTC Guild pool, it wouldn't register my mining. I even left it on for well over a day and nothing happened. I know it is only like 4 Mh/s, but it should still show up. Idk what is going on, but it is kind of annoying.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:33:08 PM

Do you get any share with guiminer whatsoever. If not, then I guess it's indeed not visible on BTC Guild.

nerobie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:02:03 AM

theres a way you can setup the newer versions to only use my gpu/cpu
hx00

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

theres a way you can setup the newer versions to only use my gpu/cpu