Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DDoS Attacks on DEDICATEDPOOL.COM - OFFICIAL POST ATTACK REPORT  (Read 759 times)
binaryclock (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

Gentlemen:

Today DEDICATEDPOOL.COM was hit with many DDoS attacks.  All of them were redirected except for the last one.  

Two minutes after the DDoS was executed, we started to respond putting emergency policies in place and getting things back up as soon as possible.  We were down for about one hour while we reconfigured the network, and put more protections in place to stop such an attack from happening again in the future.

We now have also added to our DDoS protection, Cloudflare, which stops flood attacks and the likes even before they hit the switches.

I urge you to reconnect back to dedicated pool and continue mining with us.  I appologize for the downtime, but we are back after only one hour and we are stronger than before.  You can't keep us down!

Overall I very happy with the response to the DDoS.  The plans were put in to place immediately and they were executed in textbook fashion to defeat the attack and bring services back up as soon as possible.

Thanks!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Benefits of Mining on DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

• Backups every 30 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your mining endeavours.
  • Full 24/7 support available at admin@dedicatedpool.com
  • Mine interrupted - dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection.
  • Trustworthy admins who care about your experience and mining.

Mining Information

• Custom stratum/mpos environment
  • Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system
  • Everything is transparent - blocks, donations, fees.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS protection at switch level, and NOW at application level (CLOUDFLARE)
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick

Thank you so much for mining with us!!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
binaryclock (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:57:20 AM

bump for visibility.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:02:09 AM

bump for visibility.

Sorry but I do not think very highly of anyone or group that would do attacks like this. Still do not get what is gained by such attacks. IMO, it just puts a bad picture on the crypto community as a whole. What major retailers would be willing to step into the crypto world when crap like this goes on?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Zisef

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:10:53 AM

When some one spends those kind of resources, they most be jelly Smiley Keep up the good work BC loyal long time miner here.
keep

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:11:01 AM

Thanks for the update.  

binaryclock (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:16:46 AM

Thanks for the support guys through the hour of downtime.  To the moon, let's rebuild Smiley

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Zisef

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:58:19 AM

Thank you for the great pool, and support!  Grin
bmL

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:38:14 AM

Gentlemen:

Today DEDICATEDPOOL.COM was hit with many DDoS attacks.  All of them were redirected except for the last one.  

Two minutes after the DDoS was executed, we started to respond putting emergency policies in place and getting things back up as soon as possible.  We were down for about one hour while we reconfigured the network, and put more protections in place to stop such an attack from happening again in the future.

We now have also added to our DDoS protection, Cloudflare, which stops flood attacks and the likes even before they hit the switches.

I urge you to reconnect back to dedicated pool and continue mining with us.  I appologize for the downtime, but we are back after only one hour and we are stronger than before.  You can't keep us down!

Overall I very happy with the response to the DDoS.  The plans were put in to place immediately and they were executed in textbook fashion to defeat the attack and bring services back up as soon as possible.

Thanks!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

• Backups every 30 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your mining endeavours.

Mining Information

• Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system

Server Infrastructure

Hey dedicated pool...

Explain me one thing. I've had about 600k of confirmed PANDA in Your pool. Yet at one moment it all desapeared... You said on irc that it was orphant but explain me that  http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9650/h4i7.png

I can't find these 600k of Your imagined orphants in transactions :O

Seems You just stole it.... And I am NOT the only one who was wiped out of his coins by You today...
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:42:04 AM

Gentlemen:

Thanks!

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Mining Information

• Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system

Server Infrastructure

Hey dedicated pool...

Explain me one thing. I've had about 600k of confirmed PANDA in Your pool. Yet at one moment it all desapeared... You said on irc that it was orphant but explain me that  http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9650/h4i7.png

I can't find these 600k of Your imagined orphants in transactions :O

Seems You just stole it.... And I am NOT the only one who was wiped out of his coins by You today...

LOL Does it count when you DDoS/hack your your Pool?  Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: