Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unit name for 1000 satoshis (0.00001 BTC)  (Read 1951 times)
ktorn (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:24:24 AM

Of course the person running the poll doesn't "insist". He has no authority in the community. This poll will be forgotten the day after its closes.
Firstly, this thread isn't a poll, and it has no closing day.

Secondly, I'd like to think that my lack of authority in this forum/community does not detract in any way from the logic of my argument.

My argument is here, and it will stay here. It may be forgotten tomorrow, but it might also be revived in the future, such is the wonder of web-search.
After all this forum is no stranger to the revival of 2-year old threads!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:01:49 AM

Of course the person running the poll doesn't "insist". He has no authority in the community. This poll will be forgotten the day after its closes.
Firstly, this thread isn't a poll, and it has no closing day.

Secondly, I'd like to think that my lack of authority in this forum/community does not detract in any way from the logic of my argument.

My argument is here, and it will stay here. It may be forgotten tomorrow, but it might also be revived in the future, such is the wonder of web-search.
After all this forum is no stranger to the revival of 2-year old threads!

If the community ever decides to name all these units, it won't be done through some random thread from a noob - sorry, its not going to happen that way.
ktorn (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:45:16 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 03:12:16 PM by ktorn

If the community ever decides to name all these units, it won't be done through some random thread from a noob - sorry, its not going to happen that way.

I couldn't care less in which way it happens, as long as it happens eventually.

The funny thing about you calling me a noob is that I probably started using Bitcoin a couple of years before you did (received my first 0.02 BTC in May 2011 to be exact, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I don't consider myself an expert in Bitcoin (altough I have already been called one), but I also don't consider myself a noob. You should not judge a person by their forum registration date or number of posts.
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:59:54 PM

to end this I went in my time m/c into the future and its called a "federation credit".
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:58:41 PM

I couldn't care less in which way it happens, as long as it happens eventually.

The funny thing about you calling me a noob is that I probably started using Bitcoin a couple of years before you did (received my first 0.02 BTC in May 2011 to be exact, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I don't consider myself an expert in Bitcoin (altough I have already been called one), but I also don't consider myself a noob. You should not judge a person by their forum registration date or number of posts.

Carry on, making up names that nobody will use. Knock yourself out Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: