Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 1367 times)
Bitcoin Betting Guide (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:40:26 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 11:07:08 AM by Bitcoin Betting Guide

The world's best source of crypto gambling information. Helping bettors win crypto! https://bitedge.com
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:55:41 AM

What makes you think he has actual lawyers involved and isn't just faking you out?

Did the email come from real lawyers?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:55:11 AM

Did they leave any way to contact them? A phone number?  

Did you google the name on the email address to see if it is a real person ?  Check linked in?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:51:30 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 09:08:12 AM by HairyMaclairy

I read it again and now I know why I think it wasn't written by a lawyer.  

and as such you are in breach of Australian and Commonwealth Law and are liable for significant damage costs being awarded against.

That's like saying US law and Federal US law.  It's redundant. Commonwealth law *is* Australian law and any lawyer would know that.  

So I don't think a lawyer wrote this threatening note.  I expect he who shall not be named wrote it.  So go ahead and get proper legal advice (shouldn't cost much - maybe an hour of time) it's still a good idea but investigate who you are dealing with on the other end.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:06:40 PM

At this stage it looks like he is just trolling.  But it's impossible to tell what he might do he obviously is a scammer and likes to make peoples life difficult.  Most lawyers stay away from people like this and most judges would have no sympathy but he is counting on you being weak and scared. Why not bullying is a very effective tactic.   

He is probably reading this thread now (hi!)

If you are really worried about it go spend $400 on one hour with a lawyer and he will let you know definitely what if anything you should change. Then you can continue to make his life difficult once you know the boundaries.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:03:19 AM

“Without Prejudice;

If you do not immediately remove and provide notice of such removal along with an apology for intentionally or otherwise publishing, false, misleading, damaging and defamatory information contained here: http://bitcoin-betting-guide.com/james-cannings-blog/get-rich-quick-spruiker-launches-australian-bitcoin-exchange/ immediate and severe legal action will take place without further notice.

It is our firm opinion that your blog is in no way presented as 'opinion' but purely as an exercise to cause damages to Mr Jamie McIntyre and his business interests and as such you are in breach of Australian and Commonwealth Law and are liable for significant damage costs being awarded against.

Please provide confirmation of your compliance of aforementioned request by 5pm (AEDST) Friday 10th January 2014.”

Hey James, first let me congratulate you for article.

Second, just ignore the person which sent you the letter. As you can read, whoever sent you the letter is just expressing his "opinion". Do not even waste your time trying to refute such poor constructed arguments. Notice that the writer said you are breaching the commonwealth law, but forgot to cite what exactly law is that...

Roll Eyes

By the way:

http://jamiemcintyreexposed.com/
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

they must have received a tonne of letters threatening legal action against them before   Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
slowlyslowly

Activity: 82
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:26:36 PM

agree with what most have written on this issue ie just sit it out and do nothing. further unless you are in Australia it is very hard to do ( ie successfully complete the law suit and then get some money) with inter-country law suits that only those with deep pockets and big brands ever have a go - by big I mean big eg BP, Proctor and Gamble. So do not worry about a little guy with a curious history sending off warning letters.   Smiley
_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 07:26:07 PM

If you reply at all, you might want to just gently point out that if he does take you to court and loses, he will have to pay all of your legal fees.  I believe that's still Commonwealth law, right?  All things considered, my gut tells me he's just posturing - considering his rather dubious history.

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: