Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:56:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyper inflation is the Key.  (Read 1379 times)
strunberg (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:02:04 AM

If the dollar were to hyper inflate, the people will want something stable to fill their fuel tanks,and put bread on the table.
Americans will refuse to have gas cost 4 times more than what it was in the morning before they went to work.

So will they choose to continue suffering,or will they abandon ship and use something reliable to pay their bills?

The question is,what will be reliable and convenient for the people to use. Remember, the world economy is tied together.
So if the Dollar dies,so will the Euro.

My bet is on Bit coin,or the next generation of Bit coin.
Bitcoin's stability of today seems unstable now,but when the dollar hyper inflates, the current BTC stability will look like the Swiss Franc.
Bit coin is convenient because you can already electronically use it,so people could adopt it rather quickly.

If the dollar were to blow up,they wouldn't trust the government let alone another government. So they would most likely want something independent from the governments.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ning

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:08:50 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 08:21:11 AM by ning

The inflation caused by printing U.S. dollars will be suffered globally because American people buy things from all over the world using U.S. dollars. (This is just a perspective and might be wrong.)
SuperShitBitch

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:40:31 PM

I think that when the Dollar gets into real trouble, bitcoin is likely to enter the most volatile period of its life. I think the upswing will be determined by how long the dollar hangs on and therefor how much knowledge and support has built up. But it will be countered by the desperate dying actions of the entrenched financial and political powers who will undoubtedly make it as hard as possible to use bitcoin. On top of that there is the volume of bitcoin trade goin on elsewhere in the world which I think ultimately will dictate play beyond the volatility of the USA.
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

If the dollar were to hyper inflate, the people will want something stable to fill their fuel tanks,and put bread on the table.
Americans will refuse to have gas cost 4 times more than what it was in the morning before they went to work.

So will they choose to continue suffering,or will they abandon ship and use something reliable to pay their bills?

The question is,what will be reliable and convenient for the people to use. Remember, the world economy is tied together.
So if the Dollar dies,so will the Euro.

My bet is on Bit coin,or the next generation of Bit coin.
Bitcoin's stability of today seems unstable now,but when the dollar hyper inflates, the current BTC stability will look like the Swiss Franc.
Bit coin is convenient because you can already electronically use it,so people could adopt it rather quickly.

If the dollar were to blow up,they wouldn't trust the government let alone another government. So they would most likely want something independent from the governments.

And you're assuming all this based on....what exactly?
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

OP
the FED is onto it, it is just lacking a mandate to regulate :
http://www.coindesk.com/congressional-report-warns-bitcoin-threat-dollar/
Bernankie has already indirectly asked for an updated mandate :
http://qz.com/148399/ben-bernanke-bitcoin-may-hold-long-term-promise/

Adoption is the key and Hyper inflation is unlikely the stick that drives adoption.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:38:47 PM

If i ever cash out in my BTCs it will be in Euros.

I have no faith in the dollar anymore. I'm from the U.S.
SuperShitBitch

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:30:28 PM

If you also study the Eurozone monetary policy you'll find its a different but similarly doomed system. I think there will unlikely be a time when it's somehow better to sell bitcoins for euros than dollars.
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

Lol, I see where you are going there!

I don't think this should be the main reason for BTC adoption (although, if timelines fall together, it could be, who knows), but I hope it will give BTC a HUGE additional boost!
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:10:04 PM

Deflation could also rear its ugly head.  Bitcoin might really shine in that scenario too.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:02:59 PM

I'm not saying the dollar is a good or bad investment, but I will 100% go on record that it is better than the Euro as far a long term safety.  The Euro is doomed to fail at some point in the future.  Whether it be in 1 year, 5 years or 20 years.  The economies of Germany, France, Italy, Greece etc are just too different to support a single unit of fiat.  It'll start with the smaller countries leaving and eventually breakdown the whole system as countries move back to their own hyper inflation fiat.

The US has a $17T debt, but compared with GDP/debt vs. almost all Euro countries, it's actually not that bad, sadly enough.
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:48:37 PM

I'm not saying the dollar is a good or bad investment, but I will 100% go on record that it is better than the Euro as far a long term safety.  The Euro is doomed to fail at some point in the future.  Whether it be in 1 year, 5 years or 20 years.  The economies of Germany, France, Italy, Greece etc are just too different to support a single unit of fiat.  It'll start with the smaller countries leaving and eventually breakdown the whole system as countries move back to their own hyper inflation fiat.

The US has a $17T debt, but compared with GDP/debt vs. almost all Euro countries, it's actually not that bad, sadly enough.

+1

But I don't think it will start with the smaller countries. At the moment, I have only two hopes:

1. Merkel says it's enough (there are rumours she wants to change certain things).

2. The people of France, who have a long history of uprising and revolution, have enough.

Are you from a country that pays with Euros?
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

+1

But I don't think it will start with the smaller countries. At the moment, I have only two hopes:

1. Merkel says it's enough (there are rumours she wants to change certain things).

2. The people of France, who have a long history of uprising and revolution, have enough.

I agree with you also.  If one of the smaller countries doesn't get "kicked" out, Greece, Portugal, etc, one of the larger Eurozone countries, like a Germany or France, will eventually get fed up with supporting an economy not nearly as strong, or stable, as their own.

I'm based out of the US, but I have a lot of family in Greece so have some slight "inside" info from there.  One things about Greeks, they like party, not work.  Cheesy
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

+1

I agree with you also.  If one of the smaller countries doesn't get "kicked" out, Greece, Portugal, etc, one of the larger Eurozone countries, like a Germany or France, will eventually get fed up with supporting an economy not nearly as strong, or stable, as their own.

I'm based out of the US, but I have a lot of family in Greece so have some slight "inside" info from there.  One things about Greeks, they like party, not work.  Cheesy

So do the Italians, the Spanish, The Portuguese, and generally speaking all Southern countries. My theory is it got something to do with the sun, people are naturally happier in these countries and don't feel like they "need to have accomplished something".

Like you said, those economies don't fit together.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:38:26 PM

If a countries economy blows up then bitcoin will have more value but it won't save the country.
Bitcoin is a good solution but not a solution for a dying country with a rotten-to-the-core economy.

Bad economy and bad spending drives a country to bankruptcy. Bitcoin doesn't automagically change that.
If bitcoin would be adopted by a rotten-to-the-core country they would need to change A LOT since you cannot "print" more bitcoins.

That said, are you patriot enough to remain in your country if hyper-inflation kicks in?

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: