Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie who has been playing with cryptos since 2011  (Read 561 times)
oranges411 (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:21:49 AM

I have been on the forums for more than 4 hours, and this is my third post, I suppose I've become a member now.  Might as well give an introduction.

After playing around with Bitcoin and other cryptos, I've found Bitcoin has made a huge imprint on the financial world and some companies are getting nervous.  It seems like everyone is talking about it now.  It didn't used to be that way.  For example, Paypal used to seem like it was excited about Bitcoin back when they said they were considering Bitcoin implementation.  Now it seems they are worried and want to compete.  I see this Paypal ad a lot of a lady walking into a shop with her cell phone, pressing the price she needs to pay in front of the cashier, clicking, "send", and mentioning how quick and easy it is.  It seems that is where a lot of people want Bitcoin to be.  I think that we will get there soon, and we all need to try contribute to legal bitcoin businesses. 

Anyway I am excited to get more involved in the Bitcoin/altcoin community.  I have mined Bitcoin/Litecoin on and off since 2011.  Besides Bitcoin of course, as I'm writing there's a lot of hype right now over Dogecoin and CoinyeCoin right now.  Tongue
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoBones

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:59:15 AM

Im not sure how fast this will go. Visa and Mastercard arent so happy with the btc either Tongue
will see how it goes. Im mining the skeincoin atm, maybe have a look at it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322828.0

Specifications

POW Hash: Skein-SHA2
Block target: 2 minutes
Block reward: 32 SKC, halving every year (262,800 blocks)
    No premine.
    The first 100 blocks will return a reward of 0.0001 allow miners to setup and difficulty to adjust.
Total coins: Around 17 million
Default RPC Port: 21230
P2P Port: 11230
nerobie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

It seems that is where a lot of people want Bitcoin to be
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: