Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: IPO SCAM  (Read 611 times)
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:02:12 AM

I am writing this to appeal to all members of this forum not to send any BTC to anybody announcing IPO without his/her work in beta testing by a group of this forum members. It seems those announcing all the IPO are in same group,  I manage to figure out that username Gocoiner might be Visncoin. Please disregard all IPO Bitland, Neon,  Neutrons,Verocoin,  Visacoin, Aerocoin,  Shares and Gocoiner. They are all scammers. There are good coins out there that we can still get on as early adaptor namely eMunie and Nxt
If you are passionate about creating the next generation coin, you can sell your personal effects and work fully on your project until it's ready for beta testing then you can raise funds by launching a pre-sale or go through this step as suggested by a member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400292.20

For example, coin creation.
1) Site, forum, tech details done. (10% released)
2) Client works on testnet.(10% released)
3) Beta launch. (20% released)
4) The concept works for 1 month. (20% released)
5) The target goals reached (number of accounts, volume and other). (20% released)
6) The project works for 6 months. (20% released)
If the project doesn't meet the goals, investors can get their money back
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:07:44 AM

A suggestion I had for a 100% POS coin is to simply send all bitcoins to a provably unowned address to "destroy" them. this effectively spreads out the starting amount for the coin while leaving no financial gain for the creator to scam you. If the creator wants to get rewarded for his work, he can put in money like everyone else...
led_lcd

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:38:23 PM

A suggestion I had for a 100% POS coin is to simply send all bitcoins to a provably unowned address to "destroy" them. this effectively spreads out the starting amount for the coin while leaving no financial gain for the creator to scam you. If the creator wants to get rewarded for his work, he can put in money like everyone else...

You might be interested in reading about Counterparty.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: