Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE][ANN] NGOCoin / ModernCoin  (Read 2089 times)
durnkenWiz (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:42:14 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 09:18:34 PM by durnkenWiz

We are two bitcoin enthusiasts who also happen to be amongst the nine founding members to a local, young, and small outdoors-oriented NGO. The founding members are mostly childhood neighbours, and friends. Our main hobbies are biking, camping, hiking, football, generally spending time outdoors. Also, giving the fact that we live in a country where throwing your can from the train after illegally drinking beer is still something casually done, we had to do something. That had to be cleaned, so we started by organizing three voluntary cleaning activities in our city, involving a few of the local authorities, and another one in a different county, on  a beautiful park with trees hundreds of years old that still needs saving. Cities are becoming overcrowded, and the green areas are getting smaller and smaller. Deforestation is also a huge issue here, we wanted to combat that by planting trees, paulownia to begin with, as it caught people's interest very easily. We are still working on that, we were promised a few hectares of land but from a politician so we don't know how that will turn out yet.

That's us, very briefly.

Well don't know how to do it ourselves but what do know what we need ( we're of course open to constructive criticism and suggestions )
    -DVC based/receiver files
    -fast transactions
    -transaction messaging
    -100,000,000,000 coins max ( ongoing discussion on max number of coins ) see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406485.msg4405546#msg4405546
    -no premine
    -reward halving yearly
    -fast diff adjustment

After the coin is released, we will set up a bounty NGOcoin donation address for a pool, blockexplorer, coinpayments intergration or whatever the community thinks we should do next.

We do know for sure though how we want to use this coin:

-spread NGOcoin to, of course, NGO's. Without premining, we'll rely on NGOcoin donations for this. We will be adding our own coins to that, so when the coins get to the chosen NGO they get there with extra value added. The NGO receiving the NGOcoin donation will also receive, and make wallets for a five or ten different coins. They will sill good coins, silly coins and coins with great potential.
-get established as a point of donations for hardware. We will then donate the hardware, based requests/projects/voting from other ngos, and we will probably at some point implement memorycoin voting for this (and everything it's done regarding NGOcoin)
-receive donations in any coin. It will be possible to choose if you want your donation named or anonymous, if you want it converted to NGOcoins, or if you want it sent as whatever coin you choose to donate to any ngo. We will contact your ngo and instruct them on how to receive your donation. This will be a very difficult task at the beginning, but I think the community will benefit
-make a website, translated in many languages, promoting crypto for ngo-s in general
-list regular folks who have good ideas and need exposure and/or funding
-implement local projects ( we're a local ngo ourselves)
-fund other local projects, create independent NGOcoin funded communities around the world
-travelling and instructing other NGOs on using cryptocurrency and on creating their own crypto currency (dream job)

We have many ideas to add to the table, and I think this is a good starting point.

Criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

ModernCoin will be our second project, we've started adding variouss coins to fund that too. We will be doing that with our own funding.

https://soundcloud.com/asociatia_familia_verde

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:42:40 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 06:29:06 AM by durnkenWiz

NGOcoin funding for NGOcoin prelaunch giveaways fund:

50000 Devcoin
0.02 BTC
1,000,000 TIPS
2000 EAC
100 GridCoins
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:42:57 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 06:30:12 AM by durnkenWiz

ModernCoin seed value:

1 LTC
  5,000,000 ADT
  1,000 EAC

5,000 nxt

50,000 DVC
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:43:11 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 08:01:14 AM by durnkenWiz

Examples of projects/NGOs that we think deserve attention. The list is by no means complete, we are adding daily:

http://devcoin.org/
Projects http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty_now

Devcoin is an ethically inspired cryptocurrency created in 2011 to support open source projects by programmers, hardware developers, writers, musicians, painters, graphic artists and filmmakers worldwide. Devcoin is one of the longest running blockchain based digital currencies. Devcoins can be merge mined with Bitcoin, earned by developing, writing or completing tasks known as bounties, or purchased on various exchanges.
http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Global_Village_Construction_Set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD1EWGQDUTQ&list=PLxObfLyCN6IGynvSC6iM6ItNGE0dxkYR8

Open Source - we freely publish our 3d designs, schematics, instructional videos, budgets, and product manuals on our open source wiki and we harness open collaboration with technical contributors.

Low-Cost - The cost of making or buying our machines is, on average, 8x cheaper than buying from an Industrial Manufacturer, including an average labor cost of hour for a GVCS fabricator.

Modular - Motors, parts, assemblies, and power units can interchange, where units can be grouped together to diversify the functionality that is achievable from a small set of units.

User-Serviceable - Design-for-disassembly allows the user to take apart, maintain, and fix tools readily without the need to rely on expensive repairmen.

DIY - (do-it-yourself) The user gains control of designing, producing, and modifying the GVCS tool set.

Closed Loop Manufacturing - Metal is an essential component of advanced civilization, and our platform allows for recycling metal into virgin feedstock for producing further GVCS
technologies - thereby allowing for cradle-to-cradle manufacturing cycles

High Performance - Performance standards must match or exceed those of industrial counterparts for the GVCS to be viable.

Flexible Fabrication - It has been demonstrated that the flexible use of generalized machinery in appropriate-scale production is a viable alternative to centralized production.

Distributive Economics - We encourage the replication of enterprises that derive from the GVCS platform as a route to truly free enterprise - along the ideals of Jeffersonian democracy.

Industrial Efficiency - In order to provide a viable choice for a resilient lifestyle, the GVCS platform matches or exceeds productivity standards of industrial counterparts.

durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:43:25 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 01:48:21 PM by durnkenWiz

Technical details to be discussed before launch:

psybits: set max total coins to 100 mil to create a more valuable coin
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:43:41 AM

jsut to be safe
familiaverde

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:51:44 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 09:04:14 AM by familiaverde

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/NGO-Coin/262693567218656
Freenode channel : #ngocoin & #moderncoin

We also have 2 giveaways : 1 for facebook in Fedoracoin (TIPS) and the second on mIRC Freenode channel #ngocoin in EarthCoin

1.000.000 FedoraCoin and 3000 EartCoin
bykardinal

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513

<3 DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 09:52:33 AM

When wait more information?

durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:54:45 AM

1000 eac added
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:55:00 AM

1 ltc added
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:55:24 AM

5mil androidtokens added
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:45:15 AM

5mil androidtokens added

What does this mean?
gross

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:21:16 PM

res
sands_reyer

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:35:24 PM

res
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

updated op
compwindsor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:54:23 PM

Our main hobbies are biking, camping, hiking, football, generally spending time outdoors.

Tagbond Rewards - My TAG ID is 4183 - Tag someone today with a reward, get your own TAG ID
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:00:19 PM

Believe me, that's a plus for what we want to achieve Smiley

Two of us are miners/traders. One programmer, one assistant programmer, one economist, two environmental engineers, one accountant, one musician. Besides that, most of us if not all, enjoy being outdoors. Alot Smiley

I personally don't own a car only a bike.
tangle

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:12:03 PM

So, you guys like to be outdoors and you want to create a coin. How is that related?
I'm just being curious. I like outdoors activity and I do ride a bike at summer, but I don't get how a new altcoin would help.
Chuffminer

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:31:48 PM

I think it's about creating a coin for volunteer community organisations to 'pay' their voluteers and to raise money from the exchanges to buy equipment - is that right?
lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:34:31 PM

really cant see the point of this coin with the explanation you have given, Also by saying in the announcement thread you are already planning the next project, what kind of development plan to you have for this coin and what time scale are you planning? if you're planning to work on this coin for another 3 hours, get all the donations and then drop it to fund your next coin, whats the point in sending a donation? why not just IPO the next coins like all the other IPOs that have launched recently?

You say that throwing a can of beer from a train is happening? that happens everywhere my friend... What country are you in? If you were in Singapore you could fund everything you want to do by taking the money from the fines they already impose.

My local council approached local shops to get sponsorship for our towns local litter picker, she rides around on her bike keeping the place clean with 5 small shops sponsoring her.

If you want funding for picking up other peoples mess, go to the companies that are selling the products that are causing the mess, if its beer cans speak to Fosters/Carling/Stella and get them to back the scheme you'd be surprised how helpful they will actually be (dont forget charitable donations for companies help their taxes!

Also If you really wanted to do some good for the environment, why have you gone for a PoW coin instead of a PoS coin? PoS=less electricity needed = Less trees cut down = less deforestation = More monkeys in the trees = more people like me going "Ooooh look at the monkey!"

something makes me think your group needs to discuss the priorities and decide if you want a hobby coin or if you actually want to do something ground breaking. I would hope groundbreaking but I have seen so many good ideas die because people simply don't know how much work is involved and get squashed under the weight of peoples expectations.

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: