Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:33:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE][ANN] NGOCoin / ModernCoin  (Read 2089 times)
familiaverde

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:40:00 PM

i have just made a facebook page for the coin : https://www.facebook.com/pages/NGO-Coin/262693567218656 , tomorow i will start a giveaway if u like the page and post your address .
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

Too much coins... it will trade at 0.00000001 against LTC, why are people creating so much coins, you coin is worthless.
durnkenWiz (OP)

Activity: 331

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:21:41 PM

really cant see the point of this coin with the explanation you have given, Also by saying in the announcement thread you are already planning the next project, what kind of development plan to you have for this coin and what time scale are you planning? if you're planning to work on this coin for another 3 hours, get all the donations and then drop it to fund your next coin, whats the point in sending a donation? why not just IPO the next coins like all the other IPOs that have launched recently?

I haven't given much explanation, as the project is in what you can indulgently call alpha. We are not announcing the next, we are announcing both. We know the path we'd like for NGOcoin. ModernCoin will be a coin based on ( our own) giveaways, and that's what we're sharing right now Smiley It's an idea I had that caught everyone's attention first time I mentioned it. Based on that I think it's worth a try. But first things first.

NGOCoin

We're planning on creating it, and and on creating the basic structure needed for it to function well and achieve it's purpose: get cryptocoins/equipment flowing to various NGOs worldwide. Think of the benefit this will bring to the whole community, both cryptoinvested computer-educated and people who only fire the computer to socialize or play solitaire. That's a big percentage of the world population, and we can skip some steps in widespread adoption by encouraging local ngos to take action. And what better way to get their attention than to send them cryptocoins or mining hardware
We are now looking for someone local to build us the client, help us with the pool and everything else needed for a very smooth launch. Someone local who already has experience would be ideal, but we're certainly open to suggestions. We live in Timisoara, Romania, our NGO is Famila Verde

You say that throwing a can of beer from a train is happening? that happens everywhere my friend... What country are you in? If you were in Singapore you could fund everything you want to do by taking the money from the fines they already impose.

I didn't know it happens on this scale everywhere, but I'm almost certain what's happening here should stop , after what's done is properly cleaned.

My local council approached local shops to get sponsorship for our towns local litter picker, she rides around on her bike keeping the place clean with 5 small shops sponsoring her.

Smiley Way to go!

If you want funding for picking up other peoples mess, go to the companies that are selling the products that are causing the mess, if its beer cans speak to Fosters/Carling/Stella and get them to back the scheme you'd be surprised how helpful they will actually be (dont forget charitable donations for companies help their taxes!

No we don't want funding for picking up other peoples mess. Making up this NGO are people interested in various areas. For instance I'm very interested in cryptocurrency since I found about it in February 2013. I bought a 7950 and started mining litecoin like everyone else was doing at that time. Got addicted to various trollboxes (hello BTCE) and to the whole ecosistem and I couldn't stop since then. I find it a wonderful concept and I want to spread the word. Out of my own experience I can tell you one thing for sure: you get people's attention when you give them something valuable. I did this with coins I mined or traded myself ( or won at poker why not) , or giving away other coins on the forum. What better way to spread the word then than by doing this to NGOs, which can act as hubs, and who in turn promote it themselves by using the coins to solve various issues, where they know it matters most. We will for sure have our own projects, but they will depend on public support just like any other project.

Also If you really wanted to do some good for the environment, why have you gone for a PoW coin instead of a PoS coin? PoS=less electricity needed = Less trees cut down = less deforestation = More monkeys in the trees = more people like me going "Ooooh look at the monkey!"

We chose POW for this because I bet on lighter and lighter power consumptions in mining over years, plus the various POS coins that had problems. It would be awesome if we could have a POS coin that works perfect at higher interest, 50% like PHS doesen't seem unreasonable at all. NGOs receiving NGOcoin can use just the interest and have a constant income source this way, I like the idea. ModernCoin is designed as a POS coin anyway, we chose NGOcoin as POW just to be on the safe side at this stage. We want NGOcoin to succeed and be as safe as technically possible. Depending on the feedback we will make it POW or POS

something makes me think your group needs to discuss the priorities and decide if you want a hobby coin or if you actually want to do something ground breaking. I would hope groundbreaking but I have seen so many good ideas die because people simply don't know how much work is involved and get squashed under the weight of peoples expectations.

Ground breaking I hope will be the speed at which NGOs will be joining the scene. And yes, we have a meeting this Saturday. ModernCoin will be discussed then. We will be promoting cryptocoins within our own NGO,  by creating a coin, and getting everyone involved in the process. We will create ModernCoin as a fun coin, that will help attract non-computer oriented people to cryptocoins, and as a coin that demonstrates various uses for them. As this will be our hobby project, it shouldn't matter much to anyone else what we're doing with it.
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

Also, not sure about merge-mining a POS coin. Merge mining would insure instant network security.
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:53:10 PM

freenode #ngocoin and #moderncoin
familiaverde

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:05:42 AM

1.000.000 Fedoracoin (TIPS) total giveaway if u like and post wallet here : https://www.facebook.com/pages/NGO-Coin/262693567218656
every wallet will recive 2500 TIPS
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:19:56 AM

Added soundcloud channel to OP
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:22:04 AM

1.000.000 Fedoracoin (TIPS) total giveaway if u like and post wallet here : https://www.facebook.com/pages/NGO-Coin/262693567218656
every wallet will recive 2500 TIPS

morning boss.
I see that and match with another 2000 EAC.
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:29:53 AM

5000 NXT added to ModernCoin
familiaverde

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:37:12 AM

3000 EarthCoin (EAC) total giveaway / 30 EAC for every wallet posted in channel

freenode #ngocoin

We just want to inform u that we are doing all this giveaways for nothing just to promote an NGO Coin that is not and will be not for us but for the NGO's all over the world
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:34:30 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 03:42:22 PM by durnkenWiz

Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Asociația-Familia-Verde
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:31:59 AM

added to OP coin requirements:
custom diff adjustment for the first three ( or six) months: high at the beginning, getting lower down to 0 diff in three (or six) months, the slowly climbing back up again as with any coin
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:06:12 AM

A very good project love the idea this is something better from rest of the coin ! good thing is that 0% premine Smiley

Thumbs up  Smiley i am in !!!
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:22:20 AM

Thanks PTSeller Smiley

Also added the first project we'd like to donate to if things start going, check the first page.
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:47:56 AM

Added 100 GridCoins.

GridCoin official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324118.0
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:29:59 PM

This is a great idea - but there are way too many coins to give this coin any value (and it will need value in order to provide value to the NGO's who use the coin).

I suggest a cap of 1 Billion NGOCoin at the very most.

I think 100 Million would be even better.

Please - do not ruin your great idea by making your coin worthless!

Any coin with many, many billion total minted never reaches any worthwhile value.
familiaverde

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

This is a great idea - but there are way too many coins to give this coin any value (and it will need value in order to provide value to the NGO's who use the coin).

This is why we didnt make the coin first and just ANN our intentions , we hope that we will work as a team in this project
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:36:02 PM

This is why we didnt make the coin first and just ANN our intentions , we hope that we will work as a team in this project

That's great to hear Smiley

If you update the total coins minted I will support the project!
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:44:11 PM

That's great to hear Smiley

If you update the total coins minted I will support the project!

We can update it.
The reason for the high number was to make the coin fluctuate less in price and have less bubbles, and create something more like currency. Creating a store of value coin for ngos would work just as well if not better.
I will update the first page with your suggested number.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

Adjusting the difficulty downward arbitrarily will just lead to horrible mess of orphans. See Liquidcoin, it didn't even go down just stayed the same, it is a disaster.

Also if you want a merged mined coin, take a look at GRouPcoin, non profit groups should fit well with that, it is already out there and established on at least one public merged mining pool.

There are way too many coins already, there are probably lots of them that would fit better than spewing out yet another one.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: