Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE][ANN] NGOCoin / ModernCoin  (Read 2089 times)
durnkenWiz (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:28:52 PM

your feedback is greatly appreciated. how do you think we can achieve the same result? Maybe POS with variable interest? Can a coin be built with both POS and merged-mining? I think that would be awesome for the purpose.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 02:46:33 PM

You don't need a new coin created, there are too many oins already and there is no gain for the NGOs in taking on all the extra work of spewing out yet another coin with all the negative connotations around that compared to being responsible and conservationist by using an already existing coin. There are plenty of them.

You can do especially well by adding into your merge the coins that most public merged mining pools are not yet including, such as CoiLedCoin and/or GeistGeld. If you go for GeistGeld you also have extremely fast blocks, which some folk seem to think are a really good feature.

Also for an NGO being associated with the pump and dump scam of spawning more and more co(i)ns is not something they should be associated with. They should be using coins that have been around for years not crap that was spun up in just the last few months for the purpose of scamming people.

Really they probably should not be touching anything that does not have major significant hashing power, so maybe IXCoin or I0Coin would be more appropriate, or maybe even I0Coin is too little hashing power. Scamming idiots who just want to get rich quick is one thing, setting out to scam NGOs into throwing their hard earned donations into crappy low hash power scams is just plain evil. Blockchains are insanely expensive, insanely hard to secure. Heck is even IXCoin secure enough? It only has so many petahashes, but at least that is something, unlike any of the coins that have sprung up in the last year or so.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:02:52 PM

You don't need a new coin created, there are too many oins already and there is no gain for the NGOs in taking on all the extra work of spewing out yet another coin with all the negative connotations around that compared to being responsible and conservationist by using an already existing coin. There are plenty of them.

You can do especially well by adding into your merge the coins that most public merged mining pools are not yet including, such as CoiLedCoin and/or GeistGeld. If you go for GeistGeld you also have extremely fast blocks, which some folk seem to think are a really good feature.

Also for an NGO being associated with the pump and dump scam of spawning more and more co(i)ns is not something they should be associated with. They should be using coins that have been around for years not crap that was spun up in just the last few months for the purpose of scamming people.

Really they probably should not be touching anything that does not have major significant hashing power, so maybe IXCoin or I0Coin would be more appropriate, or maybe even I0Coin is too little hashing power. Scamming idiots who just want to get rich quick is one thing, setting out to scam NGOs into throwing their hard earned donations into crappy low hash power scams is just plain evil. Blockchains are insanely expensive, insanely hard to secure. Heck is even IXCoin secure enough? It only has so many petahashes, but at least that is something, unlike any of the coins that have sprung up in the last year or so.

-MarkM-

We are taking another route. We will slowly be giving birth to it, this is why we brought it on the scene from day one. If we wanted to make a quick profit we would have launched michaeljacksoncoin as an anniverysary coin on the day of his birth, using 0.2BTC on coingen. And we could do that several times over making at least 0.5 btc profit each time we launch a new coin. Just giving an example.
But instead we're trying to create this. As long as the NGOs don't pay for anything I don't see where could they be harmed by our initiative. Especially if you create the coin in such a way that it provides enough security for the network to start gaining traction. Bitcoin was at that stage too not long ago.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:59:06 PM

So basically just another bunch of scammers with their hearts set on making yet another scam, this time using a NGO spiel to try to make it look less scammy than some of the other scams. Sigh.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:57:09 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 09:16:24 AM by durnkenWiz

In my opinion you are judging us for taking when what we do is give back. Probably your eyes are so set on charts, profit and competition that you can't see beyond that edge. I am sorry to be just as fast as you in judging you back. When so far I've only given and you come and call me ( and the rest of our non-profit voluntary organization) scammers.
We did quite a bit of things for our local community during the half year we've been together. We've received nothing but appreciations so far, including many government authorities, and other NGOs. If you want to bring such accusations to us, while recommending some btc clones in which you are probably invested heavily in,  it can be legally interpreted in many bad ways.
We want this coin to be 0 premine. I hope you understand that 0 is the number zero, and it applies to premining. We own 5mh, combined. Our share is kinda public. Our mining address will be public as well.
We want the coin to have as many features as needed, and as many as decided by the community.
As much as I'd like this coin  to be launched only with Earth unanimity after each one of us agrees on everything, that won't happen. So if you decide not to join us at least have the decency to have patience. Even I don't know where we and the rest of community will take this, so why do you bother calling it a scam ?  Maybe it's better to keep doing the great stuff you've been doing so far. I am really sorry, and I still appreciate your work a lot.

--edited
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:24:39 AM

Good morning Smiley
durnkenWiz (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:28:16 AM

100,000 DVC added
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:41:01 PM

Perhaps you could use receiver files like Devcoin?

That way each NGO could be added to the receiver files and receive NGOCoin payments continously? This would also make it merge mined with Bitcoin giving the coin stability. Also the donation process to the NGOs would then be entirely transparent.

People that support the NGO Coin project in other ways could also go on the receiver files.

There are heaps of possibilities with receiver files that haven't been touched on yet.

You should fork Devcoin but give the coin a hard cap of 100 million coins.

If you do that I'll help support the project (marketing / promoting the coin).
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: