Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:28:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WalletBuddy 1.10 Released  (Read 709 times)
radicus (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:08:40 PM

What is WalletBuddy?

WalletBuddy is an easy to use GUI wallet backup program. Simply choose your wallet .dat files and locations, specify the output directory and it will copy n' paste all the wallets from their different locations to one convenient folder for easy backing up to a USB or whatever you prefer.

v1.10 - New build features "Add" button rather than having to manually edit the .ini file, and a few cosmetic changes. More features to come!

Check it out at: http://bitcoin.anotherworld.com.au

Full sourcecode and documentation provided, no scams or ripping off your hard earned coins! Just doing my bit to help the cryptoeconomy! (get it? bit... lol, nevermind)

Comments and suggestions and facebook likes appreciated!

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:02:41 PM

What is WalletBuddy?

WalletBuddy is an easy to use GUI wallet backup program. Simply choose your wallet .dat files and locations, specify the output directory and it will copy n' paste all the wallets from their different locations to one convenient folder for easy backing up to a USB or whatever you prefer.

v1.10 - New build features "Add" button rather than having to manually edit the .ini file, and a few cosmetic changes. More features to come!

Check it out at: http://bitcoin.anotherworld.com.au

Full sourcecode and documentation provided, no scams or ripping off your hard earned coins! Just doing my bit to help the cryptoeconomy! (get it? bit... lol, nevermind)

Comments and suggestions and facebook likes appreciated!

Perhaps I'm being shortsighted, but I fail to see how this differs from just manually backing up the desired files (except that it has the added, and disadvantageous, steps of getting an application to squirrel around in there). Can you explain what the specific benefit is here?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
radicus (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:45:24 AM

If you're fine at writing batch files then technically you don't need this. Otherwise Wallet Buddy has a nice GUI interface that allows you select the wallet dat files and with a single click back them up to the location of your choice. It's especially easy is you want to change the copy location, as you don't have to manually edit every line of your batch file. Just use the folder selector button and it updates it for all the wallets.

Please feel free to search through the sourcecode, there's nothing dodgy in there to be concerned about.

radicus (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:59:11 AM

Added a new feature to automatically add new columns as more wallets are added rather than hard-coding it. There are too many alt coins!

Some other minor cosmetic changes and code optimisation.

For full details see http://bitcoin.anotherworld.com.au
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: