Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your toughts on future Bitcoin price.  (Read 1095 times)
pastet89 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:13:46 PM

HI guys! Greetings from Bulgaria! I soon heard for Bitcoin. Thinking that it has just  1 million accounts so far, do you think its popularity and price can grow even more?

Cryptostats.es

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCInvestor

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:24:59 PM

It surely can grow even more.

Current population 7 billion...

We are still very early.

Bitcoin is a sure thing in my opinion.
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:28:03 PM

Yes, however, what if governments ban it? If copamnies are forbidden to sale with Bitcoin, very few things will be able to be bought with it (only illegal). Don't you think this can drop price? You see what is going on in China already...

Cryptostats.es
CCInvestor

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:39:01 PM

Yes, however, what if governments ban it? If copamnies are forbidden to sale with Bitcoin, very few things will be able to be bought with it (only illegal). Don't you think this can drop price? You see what is going on in China already...

The fundamental value of bitcoin is that you need it to buy illegal stuff online. You can only buy drugs or weapons with bitcoin.

So as long as society outlaws stuff, and uses violence to limit people's freedom, bitcoin will be needed and have value.

Only if politicians would stop making things illegal would bitcoin lose it's fundamental value.

Ofcourse exchange rate may collapse when US makes bitcoin illegal but it will likely quickly go higher again because it's the best media campaign bitcoin can have. The Silk Road shutdown proved that already. Bitcoin collapsed for few hours and then 10 folded because silk road shutdown advertised to the world that bitcoin works.

detv

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:46:08 PM

It will go up.
fasteddie9987

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:56:19 PM

Well movie/music file sharing is illegal and look how successful they've been at stopping that.  I don't see how they could totally ban bitcoin without introducing a load of new laws and legislation which in itself would create another huge global privacy debate.  Bitcoin has been adopted by the people for the people.  That is a scary thought for governments and the puppet masters behind the scenes.  
Italiacoin

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:59:06 PM

We are in the stone-age of bitcoin .... nobody can say the future of it ...
DutchRam

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:07:28 PM

Well movie/music file sharing is illegal and look how successful they've been at stopping that.  I don't see how they could totally ban bitcoin without introducing a load of new laws and legislation which in itself would create another huge global privacy debate.  Bitcoin has been adopted by the people for the people.  That is a scary thought for governments and the puppet masters behind the scenes.  
They would probably use laws already in existence. Here's a good article: http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/stampact/ The legality all depends on the pressure from the banks and from people using it to prevent the payment of taxes. If those problems rise, we would see a push towards a ban.
fasteddie9987

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:15:41 PM

They would probably use laws already in existence. Here's a good article: http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/stampact/ The legality all depends on the pressure from the banks and from people using it to prevent the payment of taxes. If those problems rise, we would see a push towards a ban.

Interesting article, fortunately I live in England.  We never get screwed by our government here............ ha, just seen some pigs flying past my window.

Imperials

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:05:13 PM

This year is definitely going to be a strong year for bitcoin, it's still in its early stages OP and many people are predicting huge growth and mass acceptance (which is already starting to happen on greater scales).
pastet89 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:09:50 PM

I know they can not stop it, what I meant when I said this was, that they can restrict companies for using it as a payment methond which can be later put in accountancy and invoices...

Cryptostats.es
Bonn3rs

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:12:17 PM

Basically if the banks get scared, which they inevitably will, that's when we will see problems imo. And the problem with Western governments is when people with money aren't happy (we have conservatives in power atm, help us!) then they pressure the governments to change the law. If they make cryptocurrencies illegal, how will they possibly enforce it though? The Pirate Bay is "banned" and that doesn't stop anyone using it.
If they push it underground, i reckon the price will massively increase, just as the price of any illegal drugs is so high.

Judge Coin Facebook Manager
Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:33:39 PM

BTC is becoming more recognized world-wide with the press attention it keeps getting and it's possibly moving for a mainstream use. The price depend on demand and selling and if it actually become popular it might affect the price.
kazzyMm

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:18:08 PM

It will be more then 3000 in 2 months

Regards
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:06:47 PM

I agree, price will go up, but 3000 in two months is too optimistic

bitconnect

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:10:13 PM

I think when people ask this question they need reassurance that buying Bitcoin was a right move.
CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:38:55 PM

Bitcoin will be remembered at the foundation of the worlds great one world currency. Just like original 13 colonies are remembered as the foundation of America. The colonies live on in the country that sprung forth and Bitcoin will live on in the crypto-currency that works out all the problems with Bitcoin and takes over the world.
lotuskt

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:53:12 PM

There are a lot of people keeping the movement growing.    The prices are starting to stabalize and when all is said and done, I would be suprised if the value wasnt higher than now and we have other stronger options built off the foundation of BTC
MTFly

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:07:33 PM

I'm just getting into it but with all the hype surrounding Bitcoin and all of the press it's been receiving as of late I can't imagine it dropping in price.  Plus, if China ever changes it's laws regarding the legality of exchanging $ for coins I'd imagine the value would skyrocket... But like I said I'm new to this whole game. 

Cheers!
adworker

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:29:48 PM

Decentralized payment method is necessary in global world, so I dont have doubt about Bitcoin future

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: