Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:38:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to invest in NXT  (Read 553 times)
CCInvestor (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:15:29 PM

I registered to invest and support NXT.

It's the first altcoin that makes sense to me. It's an improvement over bitcoin. Whether it will be improvement enough in order to break the strong network effect of bitcoin I'm not sure.

Thanks to the proof of stake instead of proof of work (like bitcoin has) the network does not require lots of processing power to validate transactions, which results in a cheaper as well as better decentralized network as everybody can validate with a simple computer, forever. You just need coins. The more coins, the more you can validate.

I also like that the wallet is a brainwallet from the start.

But I don't think that is enough innovation in order to make it. A currency is like a network and becomes better the more participants accept it/particpate in it.

But if NXT succeeds in realizing the other ideas such as decentralized exchange, decentralized messaging system, decentralized asset storage, it might be enough in order to grow and eventually overtake bitcoin.

We will see, but great to see it appear. 
CCInvestor (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

Here some more info about NXT:
http://www.nxtcrypto.org/
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

CCInvestor do you want to buy NXTs? You can buy from DGEX.com. 

I am also very keen on NXT and I am passionate to develop it. It is different from all other altcoins. The only question is if the wealth distribution will be done in a proper way so the big whales do not kill us the small fishes. But I have invested and I am more excited about it each next day! The developers are developing more and more... Decentralised chatting system... sounds banal, but are you guys aware that this gives the possibility to build decentralised poker and sport betting exchange?! These are few projects to be realeased very soon on NXT! Forget about stupid gambling bans from governments and local monopol gambling kings, such as in Spain, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, etc...
Cryptocoins will kill the governments!  Grin

Cryptostats.es
shinratensei

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:12:08 AM

NXT is promising coin, its new technology i already invested few bitcoins to that! lets wait and see what happens.
Ncultimate

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:47:46 AM

it looks very promising but be casreful also
Danglebee

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:55:51 AM

how i send NXT payment ?
i read i need visit central website?. confused.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: