Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC losing dominance over ETH?  (Read 417 times)
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

Slowly and minutely but it is. The thing that the ethereum blockchain holds over the bitcoin blockchain is that nothing has been done with the bitcoin blockchain for a while but the ethereum blockchain is constantly being worked on and made better and better with time and there will come a time when bitcoin won't be able to evolve fast enough and keep up and that is when ethereum will take over the lead
darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:26:02 PM

Don't panic Bitcoin always be on top. Bitcoin work as the value of the trust to the whole industry of cryptocurrency. Even if it lost not for long time domination position it will recover very fast.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

I think no. Ripple is more likely than Ethereum to overtake Bitcoin.https://twitter.com/bluestonebridge/status/995323912299958272

Ummm.. what? Based on what? Why are you linking to a random tweet from a fake twitter account of an economist who has been dead over 20 years? I think this is the huge problem in crypto. People are always looking for the next big thing because they missed out on bitcoin and they look for any random sources to back up their own delusions or dreams of getting rich by whatever coin they managed to buy a shitload of when it was cheap. Of course this then just gives them an insatiable appetite to self-promote what ever they are bagholders of because they need other fools to buy into it to make them rich. They will then dump as soon as it hits a value they like and the price tanks but hey, who cares because they got out as soon as they could. And that's why most of these coins are basically ponzis (especially with the pre-mined ones).  Ripple is far too centralized and not to mention there's billions of them for it ever to be worth a substantial amount but those who created Ripple are the only ones who are going to make it rich here.
cryptoenthus

Activity: 47
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:24:05 AM

There is definitely a possibility of Ethereum overthrowing Bitcoin. Not a big one, but not that small either. Ethereum has very interesting and valuable assets and features that can help it grow, but more importantly to help it become independent from Bitcoin on the market.
azalea69

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 06:35:15 AM

It's highly unlikely but you know the recent statement by the Co founder of apple that stated that " etherum is likely to be the next apple " have changed view of many and now people are running after etherum leaving Bitcoins.
But the percentage of people doing this is comparatively low thus one should understand that it's not the case no variant is completely wiped out and sooner or later the Bitcoins will rise we just need to hold and wait.

Still doubt that people will get rid of the bitcoin. Also what makes you think that 37% dominance is loosing percentage here for the BTC? If there is even 10% dominance then it means something to BTC as it is always against the whole crypto currencies out there and not just the ETH. If you compare with ETH then it could stand a chance to have dominance over the ETHa round 70% and rest 30% counts for the altcoins other than these two.

Now make up your mind and ask yourself what could be life changing? BTC or ETH.
I see indeed for Ethereum to increase for the devotees. so much that supports Ethereum to go ahead and become the next leading coin. with its ever-increasing development potential to make Ethereum has a good and profitable growth and development. so having Ethereum is pretty good and capable of generating far greater profits.
heartthew

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:14:55 AM

I think that Ethereum is gradually reducing the distance to Bitcoin, but still needs to develop to finally take first place.. Personally I believe that ETH can be the number one
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6326

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:20:19 AM

Let's again return to some facts and compare the "dominance" evolution of the last month, according to https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/.

- On May 20, Bitcoin's dominance was about 37,5%
- Ethereum's dominance, the same day, was about 18,5%
- On June 20 (today), Bitcoin's dominance is about 40%
- Ethereum, in contrast, still is about 18,5%

So at least in the last month, we've seen a recovery of Bitcoin, but stagnation in Ethereum.

- In a 2-month window, in contrast, Bitcoin was stagnating (39 to 40%) and Ethereum got up from 15,5 to 18,5%.
- In a 3-month comparison, the picture is even more favourable to ETH (16,7 to 18,5 while Bitcoin fell from 44 to 40%)
- but in a 4-month comparison it's the other way around: ETH stagnated on 18,5%, while Bitcoin rose from 36 to 40%.

So, overall, we see that there is very small variation regarding dominance between both coins. Both seem to have found a "stability point" for now, regarding market cap. For the future, I don't see big changes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hecquyn

Activity: 129
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:42:06 AM

I think this is unlikely. Although ETH is used in many ICOs, its value is difficult to overcome today's Bitcoin prices.
PeriKecilkitty

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:52:35 AM

I think it seems to me that dominance will not happen any time soon, because these two crypto currencies still exist in the world.
Bitcoin is a gold mine that every big player wants to have and in large quantities and has the ability to manipulate the market.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:57:44 AM

Its just matter of time when BTC will be at such level when this question will have no meaning at all. BTC is not that weak to loose its dominance over other markets so easily. Its crazy volume of 24 hours will tell the story itself. ETH is just unimaginable in terms of its quantities and thus it gets diluted in terms of its prices when more ETH is emitted. This is what will keep an ETH price down to the BTC and same applies to the market dominance because that will also keep diluting itself. May you need rethink about the whole calculation and make the results one more time.
Mashadarty1

Activity: 309
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:32:59 PM

Bitcoin? Losing to Ethereum? That seems very weird, but i can see why that can happen. Ethereum evolving really fast and it's actually great

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
lositech

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 11:49:42 PM

Well BTC will still bounce back, maybe people are staying away from investing and Eth seems to be increasing because more people use it to invest in ICO's so I believe when bull run will start and more investors come in to invest in btc, btc will increase further.
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:58:09 PM

Right. Bitcoin prices are dropping rapidly. Meanwhile ethereum is developing very strongly. Many investors have chosen ethereum to buy instead of bitcoin. For many years ethereum will pass bitcoin.
organelles

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:44:03 PM

Bitcoin is slowly losing dominance over ethereum and all of the other altcoins, that much is true. But this does not mean that bitcoin is going to stop being the number one coin anytime soon. Bitcoin still has a lot on all these coins it was the first coin and it already has a couple of years on most of them to grow to where it is not so it will not be easy to lose that spot.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: